PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re onto Buffalo...”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me completely crazy - yes I know, most here think I am - but Buffalo Saturday MAY be a tougher matchup than a potential KC game divisional weekend. Brady has generally SUCKED vs Sean McDermott's defense. In 5 career games, Brady has only ONE qb rating over 90 (106.8) and his average is 73.84.
Terrific Tom's average game vs Buffal0 - 61.9%, 216 yards and a 73.84 rating. Even more concerning is test meister Brady throwing only 3 touchdowns to 5 interceptions. Yes, the Patriots are 5-0 in those games, BUT Buffalo has turned it over TEN times in those 5 games. So, as I said, if the Patriots don't turn Buffalo over they will have a VERY HARD time winning the game.
Lastly, it's amazing how terrible Brady is vs McDermott considering he had Gronkowski for the every game prior to his retirement at end of 2018. His weapons also included some combination of Brandin Cooks, Amendola, and Edelman.
Lastly, Brady against apparent defensive genius McDermott only converts third downs at a 34% rate. The Patriots have converted only FIVE third downs in 4 of their last 5 vs Buffalo, and in the other game they converted THREE.
Brady needs to be better Sunday...

The Brady elbow chatter draws a lot of parallels to last year when there were rumors circulating that he had a minor sprain in his left knee, think people were speculating the MCL.

He dropped off in terms of production and accuracy at the mid-point of the season but looked much better after getting the postseason bye to rest.

Here's hoping this season has a similar outcome.

I don't think it's baffling that it's sort of obvious the offense has been slow to hit a stride for a combo of things, and how a bruised elbow coming from some contact with a Chiefs player, isn't really why.

I also don't think it's a coincidence the anti-BB media likes to push a narrative of the big meanie BB, the GM, has tortured Brady with weak offensive personnel.

Obviously, I believe this to be ridiculous and total crap.

There are other fans that see the issues with the offense and it's fixable, with or without Brady's boo-boo on his elbow from the Chiefs game. The media is doing this gloom and doom "injury" crap, when the truth is, Sanu is off of the injury report, Burkhead is healthy now like he got healthier last year, etc.

My post has nothing to do with that, it was simply referring to him using the injury report as a means to prove Brady's elbow is fine. That was not a valid point. They were in a dome yesterday doing a walk through. If Brady was able to complete it, regardless of if his arm was falling off, he would not go on the injury report.

Call me completely crazy - yes I know, most here think I am - but Buffalo Saturday MAY be a tougher matchup than a potential KC game divisional weekend. Brady has generally SUCKED vs Sean McDermott's defense. In 5 career games, Brady has only ONE qb rating over 90 (106.8) and his average is 73.84.
Terrific Tom's average game vs Buffal0 - 61.9%, 216 yards and a 73.84 rating. Even more concerning is test meister Brady throwing only 3 touchdowns to 5 interceptions. Yes, the Patriots are 5-0 in those games, BUT Buffalo has turned it over TEN times in those 5 games. So, as I said, if the Patriots don't turn Buffalo over they will have a VERY HARD time winning the game.
Lastly, it's amazing how terrible Brady is vs McDermott considering he had Gronkowski for the every game prior to his retirement at end of 2018. His weapons also included some combination of Brandin Cooks, Amendola, and Edelman.
Lastly, Brady against apparent defensive genius McDermott only converts third downs at a 34% rate. The Patriots have converted only FIVE third downs in 4 of their last 5 vs Buffalo, and in the other game they converted THREE.
Brady needs to be better Sunday...

Brady has no idea about the sacrifices you make and the money you put in as a fan. Can’t believe he said he had all the answers to the test, yet there he is struggling to a 5-0 record against one of the league’s best defenses.

Brady has no idea about the sacrifices you make and the money you put in as a fan. Can’t believe he said he had all the answers to the test, yet there he is struggling to a 5-0 record against one of the league’s best defenses.
Obviously you're triggered because...facts

The Brady elbow chatter draws a lot of parallels to last year when there were rumors circulating that he had a minor sprain in his left knee, think people were speculating the MCL.

He dropped off in terms of production and accuracy at the mid-point of the season but looked much better after getting the postseason bye to rest.

Here's hoping this season has a similar outcome.
I think it was a calf issue actually. 2016 was a knee IIRC

(Checks schedule...[Good, we're still 11-3 and in position for the #2 seed]...goes back to work)

Last edited:
Seriously...I've sort of seen you with some not-so-popular views over the years but lately it seems more so than normal, although I'll give you credit, you've had some posts where you've at least posted some #s to back up your points. Granted, no one knows how this game will go but it sort of feels like you're also rooting for a loss for the sake of being proven correct. It's a weird dynamic, but I hope you at least let yourself try and enjoy whatever success they might have over the final weeks of this season because it definitely won't last forever.

People were ready for Gostkowski to go and we've seen how that's turned out. If Brady does go after this season...man...people will certainly need to brace themselves because the reality around here will definitely completely change moving forward :eek:

(and you're allowed to disagree with me - I'm not the boss of you so it's all good :cool: )

Last edited:
Seriously...I've sort of seen you with some not-so-popular views over the years but lately it seems more so than normal, although I'll give you credit, you've had some posts where you've at least posted some #s to back up your points. Granted, no one knows how this game will go but it sort of feels like you're also rooting for a loss for the sake of being proven correct. It's a weird dynamic, but I hope you at least let yourself try and enjoy whatever success they might have over the final weeks of this season because it definitely won't last forever.

People were ready for Gostkowski to go and we've seen how that's turned out. If Brady does go after this season...man...people will certainly need to brace themselves because the reality around here will definitely be completely change moving forward :eek:

(and you're allowed to disagree with me - I'm not the boss of you so it's all good :cool: )

It’s going to be funny when FCB no longer has that arrogant slacker Tom Brady as QB. I’m sure the next guy will meet his expectations. Maybe a year of Mariota or Winston (with this offense) is just what the doctor ordered.

People were ready for Gostkowski to go and we've seen how that's turned out. If Brady does go after this season...man...people will certainly need to brace themselves because the reality around here will definitely be completely change moving forward :eek:
Zolak, Millen, Eason, Kapp, Hodson. People forget.
As great as Montana & his team's were they never reached this level. Obviously Bill but you could argue there hasn't been as big of drop off as we'll see when 12 leaves/retires.

People were ready for Gostkowski to go and we've seen how that's turned out. If Brady does go after this season...man...people will certainly need to brace themselves because the reality around here will definitely completely change moving forward :eek:

Ian, I disagree with you not banning this obvious-troll. He really drags down this place.

Please do not disagree with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have the facts you're looking for:

Organization Pitchers & Catchers First
Workout
Position
Players
First full workout
Arizona D-Backs TBA
TBA TBA TBA
Atlanta Braves Feb. 12 Feb. 13 Feb. 17 Feb. 18
Baltimore Orioles Feb. 11 Feb. 12 Feb. 16 Feb. 17
Boston Red Sox Feb. 11 Feb. 12 Feb. 16 Feb. 17

Reactions: SVN
(Checks schedule...[Good, we're still 10-3 and in position for the #2 seed]...goes back to work)

11-3. Don't shortchange them, Ian. :D

Ian, I disagree with you not banning this obvious-troll. He really drags down this place.

Please do not disagree with this.
I'd like to get at least a little clarification as to why he's so down on an 11-3 club and more importantly, its quarterback. I understand the issues they're dealing with and the frustration, but he's being a little harsh on a guy who just won us another championship in February and has been banged up and limited personnel-wise this season.

My hope is that Brady doesn't go out "like this". He is the greatest quarterback - I say player - of all time. When I say "like this", I mean completing 51% of his passes, throwing it away 5x a game, and grousing on the sidelines.
He should've retired on top, but - and this is my opinion - he had a "brand" to uphold, push, sell, etc., so he stuck around. In past years (2013 specifically) we've seen him work miracles (2013 vs NO, CLE at Gillette) with similar or inferior "weapons" than he has at his disposal this year.
Is he 100% culpable? No, but he shoulders most of the "blame" for the offensive woes. Time and time again guys like Chatham, Orlovsky have illustrated how Brady isn't even looking at open receivers.
It's not just Brady - the owner, coach/gm, and former tight end shoulder some of the blame pie as well. So hopefully Brady has one or two more masterpieces - or at least "good" games - left in him vs Buffalo, and God willing - whomever they host in the divisional round. If this team, and offense, make it to the AFC Championship it will be because they have the greatest qb of all time who managed to make chicken salad out of chicken schitt 2 more times - not because of the overrated vs good offensive teams defense...it's time he starts playing like it.

I'd like to get at least a little clarification as to why he's so down on an 11-3 club and more importantly, its quarterback. I understand the issues they're dealing with and the frustration, but he's being a little harsh on a guy who just won us another championship in February and has been banged up and limited personnel-wise this season.
He's told us 50 times now that Brady lied about having all the answers and didn't attend OTAs. This is the reason we have no chance this year.

My hope is that Brady doesn't go out "like this". He is the greatest quarterback - I say player - of all time. When I say "like this", I mean completing 51% of his passes, throwing it away 5x a game, and grousing on the sidelines.
He should've retired on top, but - and this is my opinion - he had a "brand" to uphold, push, sell, etc., so he stuck around. In past years (2013 specifically) we've seen him work miracles (2013 vs NO, CLE at Gillette) with similar or inferior "weapons" than he has at his disposal this year.
Is he 100% culpable? No, but he shoulders most of the "blame" for the offensive woes. Time and time again guys like Chatham, Orlovsky have illustrated how Brady isn't even looking at open receivers.
It's not just Brady - the owner, coach/gm, and former tight end shoulder some of the blame pie as well. So hopefully Brady has one or two more masterpieces - or at least "good" games - left in him vs Buffalo, and God willing - whomever they host in the divisional round. If this team, and offense, make it to the AFC Championship it will be because they have the greatest qb of all time who managed to make chicken salad out of chicken schitt 2 more times - not because of the overrated vs good offensive teams defense...it's time he starts playing like it.
The #1 problem this year hasn't been Brady, it's been the offensive line, which has been probably the worst we've seen performance-wise in quite a few seasons. Injuries and Gronk's retirement have played a key role, but everything obviously revolves around them and that accounts for a significant percentage of the issues. If you can't run, it allows teams to tee off and that's why Brady's taking more 3rd down sacks as well as the amount of throw-aways we've seen. Their personnel issues haven't helped either and AB's off field demeanor when it comes to his cell phone blew up what could have been a solid fix for this group. He couldn't control himself and now it seems like he's about to pay for it even more than he already has, which is unfortunate.

To your other point, would Brady being at the voluntary OTAs helped? Tough to say, but the biggest issue here really has been Harry's injury, which sidelined him for as long as it did and potentially took away valuable reps. It would have been great to have him out there during the "easy" part of the schedule where they could have built some chemistry to better prepare them for this point of the year. That didn't happen, but it looks like they're at least making progress and that might finally change.

As for the TB12 thing, that's just him trying to market the methods that have allowed him to survive this long. I wouldn't make anymore of it than that. He stuck around because he knew he could still play at a high level and he wanted to win some championships. As recent as 10 months ago, he's been right, so I'd like to think most people - yourself included - are thankful he made that decision.

Again, I get the frustration, but there are rational reasons to make sense of where we're at. Not saying there haven't been some mistakes, but it just doesn't feel as bad as you're making it out to be.

The #1 problem this year hasn't been Brady, it's been the offensive line, which has been probably the worst we've seen performance-wise in quite a few seasons. Injuries and Gronk's retirement have played a key role, but everything obviously revolves around them and that accounts for a significant percentage of the issues. If you can't run, it allows teams to tee off and that's why Brady's taking more 3rd down sacks as well as the amount of throw-aways we've seen. Their personnel issues haven't helped either and AB's off field demeanor when it comes to his cell phone blew up what could have been a solid fix for this group. He couldn't control himself and now it seems like he's about to pay for it even more than he already has, which is unfortunate.

To your other point, would Brady being at the voluntary OTAs helped? Tough to say, but the biggest issue here really has been Harry's injury, which sidelined him for as long as it did and potentially took away valuable reps. It would have been great to have him out there during the "easy" part of the schedule where they could have built some chemistry to better prepare them for this point of the year. That didn't happen, but it looks like they're at least making progress and that might finally change.

As for the TB12 thing, that's just him trying to market the methods that have allowed him to survive this long. I wouldn't make anymore of it than that. He stuck around because he knew he could still play at a high level and he wanted to win some championships. As recent as 10 months ago, he's been right, so I'd like to think most people - yourself included - are thankful he made that decision.

Again, I get the frustration, but there are rational reasons to make sense of where we're at. Not saying there haven't been some mistakes, but it just doesn't feel as bad as you're making it out to be.

Ian, given the years-long M.O. of the poster you are thoughtfully engaging, I must say you are an incredibly nice person.

Last edited:
Throwing it away/in the dirt > TO's. If you've watched him this is his M.O. Along w knowing when to call a play dead & live to fight another down.

He's not having a good year. Might be his worst ever but ignoring everything else is just having an agenda imo. Not far off from Rusty/RidingwiththeKing/Chris S/PDx2.

I love the minority opinion(s). Questioning why/authority just think you go a little far w Brady as I might on other subjects. I'm far from perfect.

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft