PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“The Patriots Haven’t Played a Real Team”

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I surf the internet, specifically the sports fan forums, the more I believe the world to be inhabited by a bunch of twelve year old boys.

Who act like 13 year old girls

Exactly. Want us to play a real team then send us one.

They're coming.
It really is an odd schedule this year. After the Jete on a short week the Pats will play the Browns and Ratbirds back to back after each of them come off a bye week.

This low IQ opinion is predicated on people who don’t understand how the Pats play a 1st place schedule each and every year. Nor do they understand NFL scheduling in general.

Exactly. We play the Chiefs and Texans this year. The rest of the teams on our schedule were set in 2002. It's crazy how so few people understand this.

Schedule gets a lot tougher starting this week. So if you believe this or not there will be some very good test for this Patriots team starting 1 week from today.
Darnold 3rd pick of the draft!
Mayfield 1st pick of the draft!
Jackson should have been drafted higher! Leads the league in QB rushing
Wentz 1st round pick!
Prescot will sign for a boatload of $$ making him one of the highest paid players in the league
Watson Could be the best QB the Pats will face this year. Just beat the consensus preseason MVP
Mahomes Best QB in the league widely regarded by the media. On the cover of Madden!!

What a fcking murderers row here!

Last edited:
This doesn't apply to TB/BB..they've beaten everyone. Just a lazy narrative.

Schedule gets a lot tougher starting this week. So if you believe this or not there will be some very good test for this Patriots team starting 1 week from today.
Wentz 1st round pick!
Prescot will sign for a boatload of $$ making him one of the highest paid players in the league
Watson Could be the best QB the Pats will face this year. Just beat the consensus preseason MVP
Mahomes Best QB in the league widely regarded by the media. On the cover of Madden!!

And each gets to face the GOAT and the Pat's D

Wentz 1st round pick!

Looks challenging. 16-0.

Yes. So?

We play 2 "extra" division winners each year. We also play the jets twice and MIA twice.
IMO, this more than balances out in our favor.

That being said, we have played two teams who are competing for the playoffs: PITT and BUF. And, we will play 4 more that will likely be in the AFC playoffs: BAL, KC, HOU and BUF. We also will play 2 teams competing for the NFCE division: DAL and PHI.

Exactly. We play the Chiefs and Texans this year. The rest of the teams on our schedule were set in 2002. It's crazy how so few people understand this.

They've played everyone on their schedule and won. Can't blame the Pats because the teams they have on their schedule suck. Played 6 teams beat 6 teams. All they can do.

By historic margins.

Pittsburgh looked pretty real yesterday, and with a QB nowhere near the experience and talent of the one the Pats faced in week 1.

The Jets looked pretty real yesterday (and against Buffalo).

The Bills are pretty real.

Idiots talking like this do so for three reasons:

1. Troll Pats fans (Boston media)
2. Utter frustration that the train keeps a'rolling
3. Predisposed feeling of team quality without actually looking at the games

By historic margins.

Pittsburgh looked pretty real yesterday, and with a QB nowhere near the experience and talent of the one the Pats faced in week 1.

The Jets looked pretty real yesterday (and against Buffalo).

The Bills are pretty real.

Idiots talking like this do so for three reasons:

1. Troll Pats fans (Boston media)
2. Utter frustration that the train keeps a'rolling
3. Predisposed feeling of team quality without actually looking at the games

Come on, now. Be fair about this.

Pittsburgh played a team that's been absolutely devastated by injuries, and the Jets went from QB1 to QB3, and then back. Even by "real team" standards, that stuff makes a huge difference, as we've seen here in New England over the years.

Um, it's not a secret that the Pats have played mostly bad teams so far. Not just bad, but often without the starting QB, at least not the QB who was slotted to start at the beginning of the season.

Come on, now. Be fair about this.

Pittsburgh played a team that's been absolutely devastated by injuries, and the Jets went from QB1 to QB3, and then back. Even by "real team" standards, that stuff makes a huge difference, as we've seen here in New England over the years.

I am being fair - and that happens all the time, every year.

What's a real team?

The Patriots lost their starting C, their starting LT (and their RT for a time), and played last week with 2 UDFA rookie WRs and 1 TE on a sprained MCL, as the #2 and 3 receivers went down. They lost their all-world starting FB and his back-up. If someone beat them, would the line be that they beat a "banged-up" team?

The Pats also lost their WR depth in the AB idiocy. For all of that, look where they are.

The only reason people can criticize the Pats thus far this year is the "eye-test" - their offense has looked out of sync. They're 6-0. They've clobbered every team they've played except Buffalo, in Buffalo, which will be a tough out for anyone this year.

The Jets played Buffalo to the wire. They have a good defense and some good skill players. They're not a playoff team, but they're not nearly as bad as their record thus far.

The Steelers will be in the playoff hunt.

The player personnel on offense that the patriots played Thursday night in the last 50 or so reps were the worst Brady has seen. When folks talk about the worst 6-0 team, they may be looking back.
========
Looking forward, we expect lots of improvement through
1) bringing back players (Watson, Harry and Wynn)
2) some healing in a couple of the WR's (Edelman and Gordon or Dorsett)
3) free agent acquisitions (Allen?)
4) a trade or two

I am being fair - and that happens all the time, every year.

What's a real team?

The Patriots lost their starting C, their starting LT (and their RT for a time), and played last week with 2 UDFA rookie WRs and 1 TE on a sprained MCL, as the #2 and 3 receivers went down. They lost their all-world starting FB and his back-up. If someone beat them, would the line be that they beat a "banged-up" team?

The Pats also lost their WR depth in the AB idiocy. For all of that, look where they are.

The only reason people can criticize the Pats thus far this year is the "eye-test" - their offense has looked out of sync. They're 6-0. They've clobbered every team they've played except Buffalo, in Buffalo, which will be a tough out for anyone this year.

The Jets played Buffalo to the wire. They have a good defense and some good skill players. They're not a playoff team, but they're not nearly as bad as their record thus far.

The Steelers will be in the playoff hunt.

Patriots schedule is coming well into focus. Starting with the Ravens the Pats will be playing Division Leaders or Contenders some on the Road too.

Yes. So?

We play 2 "extra" division winners each year. We also play the jets twice and MIA twice.
IMO, this more than balances out in our favor.

That being said, we have played two teams who are competing for the playoffs: PITT and BUF. And, we will play 4 more that will likely be in the AFC playoffs: BAL, KC, HOU and BUF. We also will play 2 teams competing for the NFCE division: DAL and PHI.

I wasn't implying that Houston and KC were the only two good teams we play, I meant just like every other team, 14 of our opponents and the location of those games has been set for 17 years now. The winners of the AFC West and AFC South were the only games not set.

Before this season started, I ran into a former co-worker that's a big Steelers fan. No matter what I said, he was convinced the Steelers would play the Pats next year, regardless of final standings, because "they'll want the tv ratings." I mentioned we play almost every year because we both finish first. "Yeah but some years we didn't win the division and we still played y'all." I pointed out that was the years we played the entire AFC North. It didn't matter. The schedule wasn't set, it was all about ratings.

So yeah, a lot of people have no idea how the schedule works.

I wasn't implying that Houston and KC were the only two good teams we play, I meant just like every other team, 14 of our opponents and the location of those games has been set for 17 years now. The winners of the AFC West and AFC South were the only games not set.

Before this season started, I ran into a former co-worker that's a big Steelers fan. No matter what I said, he was convinced the Steelers would play the Pats next year, regardless of final standings, because "they'll want the tv ratings." I mentioned we play almost every year because we both finish first. "Yeah but some years we didn't win the division and we still played y'all." I pointed out that was the years we played the entire AFC North. It didn't matter. The schedule wasn't set, it was all about ratings.

So yeah, a lot of people have no idea how the schedule works.

If the league was all about ratings, the Patriots and Cowboys would play each other every year.

It's hard to find teams that have been A) Consistently good without let downs and B) have won games against good teams.

The only teams that have really done it are Green Bay, Seattle and New Orleans. Many others either haven't been able to or more often the case, have not been given the chance yet. Also when it comes to the teams that have actually done it they are all highly questionable in some way.

GB should have lost to the Lions and arguably Vikings. While 5-1 they should be 4-2 and you could make a case they should be 3-3.

The Saints have done well but 4 of their 5 wins have really come down to the last drive of the game for both good teams and bad. They are probably the most proven of any team. That being said their 2 best wins needed a 58 yard FG and for the fraud Cowboys to absolutely throw up on themselvew and be unable to get even a FG on multiple drives.

Since I brought up that 58 yarder that cost Houston I may as well bring them up too. Their best win of the year was against a gimpy Mahomes and injured KC team. They've lost to the 2 best teams they've played.

As for Seattle their only 2 good wins are due to a missed 44 yarder to end the game vs the Rams and the Browns (if you count them as good) who had to absolutely self destruct to meme proportions.

Frankly the winning team that has beat other winning teams consistently without need for coin flip situations, bad calls or the other 'good' team self destructing in some way does not exist in this years NFL yet.

If anyone wants to make a case for a team that has proven to be above the fray to this point I'd like to hear it.

Last edited:
We will play some real teams eventually:

@Baltimore, @Houston, K.C., and Buffalo: These are the #2, #3, #4, and #5 teams in the AFC.

And I believe the Eagles will win the NFC East.

The only "good teams" we will not play are: Saints, Seahawks, Niners, and Packers.....and THEY DON'T PLAY US EITHER!

Wentz 1st round pick!

And we're facing all of these guys with a sixth round pick??? We'll get clobbered!

The Bills seem to be a "real" team, since they are 4-1 and right behind us in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back