PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“The Patriots Haven’t Played a Real Team”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last year the Patriots lost four games to the dregs of the league. Yet they also beat: KCx2, Chargers, Rams, and Bears. It was bizarre.

"Mahomes is taking over" "TB is done" "The Cowboys are going to the SB...Again..,
"Houston uses Pats Game plan to beat KC"... Blah, Blah, Blah..

If you cant beat the Pats, you're copying their formula to try and beat their rival.
Bill is already ahead of you.. again.
A super stout Defense to counter the present, Offense heavy league (which BB perfected the last few years)
Always one step ahead of what his contemporaries think is relevant.

All of the typical, talking (empty) heads, with their dum *** predictions.
I mean, really, it's like a yearly ritual!!

6-0 be-oches!!
It will be glorious, once again to break every ones hearts.. YES, AGAIN!

3d8gm9.jpg

Meanwhile, the 3 teams we beat to get the championship are faltering. KC, San Diego and LA aren’t the same.

Why does that happen so often the past 20 years? Just like what’s happened to Atlanta

As usual, one of the primary reasons the Patriots always have an “easy” schedule is that they don’t have to play the Patriots.

Every team we play automatically gets a harder schedule by virtue of having to play us.

I just laugh it off. When you know your team and what it can do like we do, who cares what other people think?

Just so damn awesome to watch if your a fan of the Pats and so damn frustrating if your not I guess.

We’ve collected so many 55 gallon drums full of tears for years now. Got enough to go a lifetime with still more to go.

This low IQ opinion is predicated on people who don’t understand how the Pats play a 1st place schedule each and every year. Nor do they understand NFL scheduling in general.

I’m so sick of hearing that from the talking heads and fans.

Today, I’m wearing a Sh** eating grin watching the Jets out play “Them Cowboys”!

Fuggn HOO Rah :D

Darnold was still recovering from his first kiss, so we haven't played them with the upgrade at QB

Apparently there are not many “real” teams in the league. I guess we’ll have to settle for the ones on the schedule while ESPN reminds us of the Browns greatness.

Dude, for your first post, this was pretty damn good. Keep it up!

It's mind numbing. I can't imagine letting any troll, talking head rent space in my mind like some do here.

People still, actually watch Skip, SAS, Wright etc & get red in face mad.

I hope there all very young people (15-25). That would explain something. Imagine being 30+. Listening, watching these losers & having it effect your real life.

Imagine being 40+

Looks like some of us are in good company.

Today, I’m wearing a Sh** eating grin watching the Jets out play “Them Cowboys”!

Tomorrow's going to be the kind of day where, even if you usually don't do it, you want to watch every a.m. sports idiot show (or at least look to find some quotes from them). Watching them trying to explain away

• Chiefs second consecutive home loss
  • Jets beating the Cowboys
  • Texans thriving after their "terrible!" trades
  • Browns continuing to wet the bed
  • Kirk Cousins destroying the Eagles
  • Bridgewater (4-0) winning at least as often as Brees would have

should be a hoot.

That was not a big surprise with the win-starved Jete coming off a bye while Dallas was without three starters on offense -- both tackles and their top WR. Still they lost by only 2 points on the road. Suggesting the Jete "outplayed" Dallas on merit alone is a bit of a stretch; even then, I'd have a very difficult time celebrating them beating anybody.

Last edited:
It's amazing that after 6 rings, countless wins and another undefeated start, there are still Patriots fans that give a flying f about what anyone outside of this organization has to say.
Yup! But sadly there'll be another Rob Parker thread next week.

While the national pundits whine about how "easy" the Pats schedule is, the Pats do not make their own schedule, it is predetermined by the NFL folks. Should there be apologies for teams like the Jets, Redskins or Dolphins because they are crap teams??

Every year there will be a "dahling" that he sportscasters will all drool over together, only to watch that team get cast aside during the "tournament".. then they will excuse their loss due to some nefarious forces, " they should have won"...

Just familiar memes we should all be used to by now.. in my best Steve Sabol voice, "On any given Sunday"...

While the national pundits whine about how "easy" the Pats schedule is, the Pats do not make their own schedule, it is predetermined by the NFL folks. Should there be apologies for teams like the Jets, Redskins or Dolphins because they are crap teams??

Every year there will be a "dahling" that he sportscasters will all drool over together, only to watch that team get cast aside during the "tournament".. then they will excuse their loss due to some nefarious forces, " they should have won"...

Just familiar memes we should all be used to by now.. in my best Steve Sabol voice, "On any given Sunday"...
A bunch of whiners on my league's FF page were griping about this. I reminded tjem, "Yeah, maybe next year they won't let the Pats choose their own schedule." Crickets.

As usual, one of the primary reasons the Patriots always have an “easy” schedule is that they don’t have to play the Patriots.

Every team we play automatically gets a harder schedule by virtue of having to play us.

And sorry, but MOST teams play us a hell of a lot harder than they do any other team.

We are their in-season Superbowl. Go 4 and 12 but you beat the Patriots and you've just redeemed your entire year.

Some teams absolutely will give up the ghost half-way through the game when its clear they are getting outmatched, but every team comes in here hoping to knock us off.

THAT level of motivation from an angry/prideful team, no matter how bad they are is huge, huge intangible/X-factor imo.

So, the Jets beat Dallas, Buffalo has only lost to the Patriots, and the Steelers beat up the Chargers. Maybe one of the reasons these teams do not have a better record is that they had to play the Patriots? There are not a lot of bad 6-0 teams.

The more I surf the internet, specifically the sports fan forums, the more I believe the world to be inhabited by a bunch of twelve year old boys.

Why do they keep trying to motivate BB, TB and the rest of the Patriots while trying to pronounce their doom?

I understand they have to fill air time, but it seems the rest if "normal" fans have accepted the Patriots dominance until they see them have a bad season.

And don't forget, all these pundits will still declare them the #1 team when they rank the NFL teams 1-32. Needs to be some type of Charlie Brown image where he doesn't try to kick the football, but just kicks Lucy :) (feel free to sub Lucy for your least favorite media personality)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back