PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Donald Jones released

I'm not putting you on ignore because you often raise thought provoking commentary and show a general level of football intelligence that few possess. That said, I often disagree with your position because you fail to see fault in it. We're on a forum Deus. Outside of trolls, ignoring someone with a divergent opinion shows weakness.

Different is not foolish. Foolish is foolish.

I find potential error in a lot of my positions, which is why I tend to put thought into them before posting them. I tend to mention the possible issues, in fact. I try to acknowledge my errors, as well. What I do not do is pretend stupid posts/actions aren't stupid, or guzzle the koolaid by the keg. Disagreement with me does not automatically equal foolish. However, foolish does equal foolish, and calling the Patriots approach to Welker foollish is actually being kind.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't like my responses, but I will continue to note foolish things as foolish things, and foolish posts as foolish posts. And, no, I don't feel the need to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to screwing over top players who were good for the team. When the Patriots decide to act like scumbags, as they did with Welker, I will continue poining out that they are acting like scumbags.

Deus, stop being so pissy. We get it, you're not a fan of the Pats letting Welker go(I am not either). You have productively made the case for not letting Welker go, many times over...

Let it go bra, it is what it is.

I think all of us agree we wish Welkah was still in a Pats uni.

But he his not, and yes it is a big f@#$king gamble. But we just have to keep it moving my man..

EDIT:This is not a hate post by the way.

I find potential fault in a lot of my positions. I tend to mention the possible issues, in fact. I try to acknowledge my errors, as well. What I do not do is pretend stupid posts/actions aren't stupid, or guzzle the koolaid by the keg. Disagreement with me does not automatically equal foolish. However, foolish does equal foolish, and calling the Patriots approach to Welker foollish is actually being kind.
I disagree. The Patriots correctly identified Welker's market price. They had already committed a large portion of the cap to Hernandez who would have been operating in the same area that Welker does his best business. We can delude ourselves all we like, but outside of the star veterans, it's a young man's game. Would I have liked to have kept Welker? You bet. Do I understand why the Patriots went in a different direction? Sure.

I'm not going to cry over spilt milk. The Patriots make 5 good roster moves to 1 bad one. That's business.

I hope this means the 6'3 UDFA from Rutgers, Mark Harrison has recovered from injury and impressed the team. :rocker:

I disagree. The Patriots correctly identified Welker's market price. They had already committed a large portion of the cap to Hernandez who would have been operating in the same area that Welker does his best business. We can delude ourselves all we like, but outside of the star veterans, it's a young man's game. Would I have liked to have kept Welker? You bet. Do I understand why the Patriots went in a different direction? Sure.

I'm not going to cry over spilt milk. The Patriots make 5 good roster moves to 1 bad one. That's business.

I think we all understand what happened, but that doesn't change the fact that they lost Welker to a prime competitor for the change under my couch cushions and the WR position is now a mess.

well...I guess we all know Donald Jones is no Stephen Hill....

I think we all understand what happened, but that doesn't change the fact that they lost Welker to a prime competitor for the change under my couch cushions and the WR position is now a mess.

That really is the kick in the nu@#, er' rub of the Welker issue.

Welker going to Denver..

tumblr_m13vfn0L0r1r13xzdo1_500.gif

Ugh..

How many championships did Welker lead the Broncos to? Can we wait until Amendola plays a down before we start calling Welker leaving a mistake? Football is played on the field.

That's the only thing that concerns me is that Welker was and is a perfect fit for the Broncos. That said, it will all amount to nothing because Manning will still be Manning come January.

That's the only thing that concerns me is that Welker was and is a perfect fit for the Broncos. That said, it will all amount to nothing because Manning will still be Manning come January.

I wouldn't say perfect. There are plenty of things that Welker's going to have to put up with that he didn't in NE, such as not having the tight ends or a Moss-level deep threat to clear out the middle of the field. Manning throws a much uglier ball than Brady, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Welker "drop" some wobbly passes. And Manning is notorious for leading his receivers (most notably Austin Collie) into getting blown up by defenders, something that Brady avoided with Welker outside of maybe three or so notable hits over the years.

There is no place Welker would rather be.

There are many teams that need him more.

There is no team that would appreciate Welker more.

I see zero reason to not consider this a FIT. Surely, Manning and their coaches couldn't ahve written a better script for their offense.

I wouldn't say perfect. There are plenty of things that Welker's going to have to put up with that he didn't in NE, such as not having the tight ends or a Moss-level deep threat to clear out the middle of the field. Manning throws a much uglier ball than Brady, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Welker "drop" some wobbly passes. And Manning is notorious for leading his receivers (most notably Austin Collie) into getting blown up by defenders, something that Brady avoided with Welker outside of maybe three or so notable hits over the years.

Deus, stop being so pissy. We get it, you're not a fan of the Pats letting Welker go(I am not either). You have productively made the case for not letting Welker go, many times over...

Let it go bra, it is what it is.

I think all of us agree we wish Welkah was still in a Pats uni.

But he his not, and yes it is a big f@#$king gamble. But we just have to keep it moving my man..

EDIT:This is not a hate post by the way.

I'm not being pissy at all. Ausbacker does this on occasion. I respond in similar fashion pretty much every time.

It's a recurring thing.

ESPN had an interesting statistic on the other day.. though I was unable to hear any of the commentary for the context.

Brady #1 in leading his receivers in open space and YAC.

Manning #30

There is no place Welker would rather be.

There are many teams that need him more.

There is no team that would appreciate Welker more.

I see zero reason to not consider this a FIT. Surely, Manning and their coaches couldn't ahve written a better script for their offense.

Welkah is a great fit for Denver on paper. But when Manning starts to throw ducks over the middle, well ask Austin Colie....

I'm not being pissy at all. Ausbacker does this on occasion. I respond in similar fashion pretty much every time.

It's a recurring thing.
Call you out because everyone who doesn't agree with you is foolish? Back on your bike princess.

It's a recurring thing.

My man...

No hate, always enjoy your posts Deus. Even tho you lawyer types never let anything slide, lol..

Call you out because everyone who doesn't agree with you is foolish? Back on your bike princess.

andy-dwyer-reacts.gif

One week folks, one week till TC is on and rocking... :rocker:

Finally someone gets released instead of arrested!

Finally someone gets released instead of arrested!

I am so P!ssed I did not think of this joke(I will steel it tho). 10 god damn pages to get a good one liner, so simple yet so great..

WFBY5.gif

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back