PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Battle plan

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Doing what they HAD to do is relatively new for the team.
Oh, piss off, you BB hater. Don't read my posts, just walk on by. Better yet, block me.

Outside of Gibson, they did what they had to do. Satisfying, yes, not bowled over.
Signing big veteran TE Austin Hooper is a good move as well as signing Gibson and dealing with their own FAs. I'd like to see them nail down a good deal with Dugger before the draft.

They still need a front-line OT in free agency. OT Tyron Smith is still unsigned but will get a top deal. He and Mike Onwenu would make a good veteran tandem as they figure out where to draft a rookie OT. It's imperative that the Patriots offensive line is a strength again for whomever comes in as the QB of the future.

We'll see some new names today as cuts begin to give teams the cap space to sign their free agents.

Signing big veteran TE Austin Hooper is a good move as well as signing Gibson and dealing with their own FAs. I'd like to see them nail down a good deal with Dugger before the draft.

They still need a front-line OT in free agency. OT Tyron Smith is still unsigned but will get a top deal. He and Mike Onwenu would make a good veteran tandem as they figure out where to draft a rookie OT. It's imperative that the Patriots offensive line is a strength again for whomever comes in as the QB of the future.

We'll see some new names today as cuts begin to give teams the cap space to sign their free agents.

Smith has been injured too much to get a top end OT deal, but he could still get 24/2, and I’d be willing to give him that and then draft a replacement to groom behind him.

I find the lack of notable signings the past couple of days kind of odd. And the only thing I can think of is that a number of the players who haven’t signed expected more interest and bigger offers, and are now shopping themselves to as many teams as possible in search of the best deal they can get.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back