PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign mack, Steve smith, and scott chandler.

Need about 12m for that. So need some more cuts.

Thought one of the local tweeted that don't expect Mankins to restructure. Not sure if that was just guess on their part given how Mankins held out when he was franchised or if he heard something.

But damn it would be nice to knock about $5-6m off his $10.5m hit for this year.

Shmessy's not really looking for an answer. He's just being a troll.

Some people think it takes more than a couple of good games to designate a player a starter.

Then why is Hightower penciled in? Collins will be the starter next year, we'll see how he progresses.

I think you'd need more than that. Mack will get about $9-10M himself.

Sorry if it's been mentioned: What does this do for our youngsters at receiver, lining up against the best in the world at every practice? If this also means a breakout year for Dobson... :rocker:

Jets just got Decker... good for them.

When the season starts, Steve Smith will be 35 and a 1/2.

Personally, I prefer his teammate - that Lafell kid who visited Gillette today. 27 years old bigger (6'2" 215 vs Smith's 5'9" 185) and had 49 rec last year to Smith's 64, but is on a more upward trajectory.

I think you're looking more around 16m for that, assuming 8, 4, and 4 at a bare minimum. If Pitta got the deal he did, Chandler is getting the same or more (I feel like he deserves 5+ if Pitta got it), Smith won't play for free, and Mack is considered the premier available OL.

Also need money to sign vet depth and draft picks.

I like the idea, but it's unrealistic. We'd need around 20m to pull it off.

Yup.

So the Pats traded away Talib for Revis and a 2015 3rd round pick.

Just another day at the office for Bill Belichick.

There's a financial difference too. Best case scenario for the Broncos is that it's non-trivial. Worst case is that it flips to the Pats' favor. :)

He punked Talib....some of us like that crazy wacko act...myself, I have an aversion to wingnuts as anyone can plainly see.

Thought one of the local guys tweeted that don't expect Mankins to restructure. Not sure if that was just guess on their part given how Mankins held out when he was franchised or if he heard something.

But damn it would be nice to knock about $5-6m off his $10.5m hit for this year.

I honestly don't think they want to extend or make his cap number higher in 2015-2016

cut in 2015 save $7M
cut in 2016 save $7M

Some people think it takes more than a couple of good games to designate a player a starter.

Except the fact that he started two playoff games.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Ryan “badly” wanted to bring Revis back to town. Ryan, however, was overruled by higher powers.

Presumably the higher powers that traded Revis away last year over Ryan’s wishes.
Report: Rex Ryan ?badly? wanted to get Revis back with the Jets | ProFootballTalk

lol2.gif

I think you'd need more than that. Mack will get about $9-10M himself.

First year cap hits are usually much less than average annual value on longer term deals. That's my thinking. In reality they probably won't do all that. A good center solve a lot of problems.

Shmessy's not really looking for an answer. He's just being a troll.

I don't understand your post.

Why is the only opportunity to restructure on Wilfork and not Mankins' $10+ million cap hit?

It's a completely legitimate question, no?

Browns and Raiders should be on the phone, no proof there is ink on paper yet, another million or two?

Nothing is official yet? So Revis has been a Patriot for less than 2 hours and he's already holding out?

In all seriousness, people need to get a grip. This reeks of desperation on the Pats part. Does anyone really believe that the upgrade from Talib to Revis is going to make them significantly better? Talib was the best player on that defense last year. Is Revis really going to help their 30th ranked rush defense?

Meanwhile, they just spent $12M, leaving them virtually nothing left to sign any weapons for Brady (who, by the way, is yet another year older). They're going to lose 100+ receptions from Edelman as a result.

I'll just flat out say it. Jets fans are ******* stupid

So did Jones and Siliga. No one is considering them automatic starters.

Except the fact that he started two playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes