PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Judon contract adjustment

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Hmmm.

Unusual for the Patriots.

And, did it for a guy who really makes a valuable contribution.
Not that unusual. They’ve done this sort of thing before for vets.

I'm not convinced that Trent Brown really loves football. He just happens to be good at it when he applies himself and makes a lot of money in the process. Needing to be pushed and motivated by others to do a job for which you're lucratively compensated is inherently problematic. The guy just isn't all-in.
The dude is so talented he basically never gets beat unless he makes a lazy play.

They should frontload his contract so it pays him more during the first 2/3rds of the season but less when his production drops off in the final 3rd.

Hmmm.

Unusual for the Patriots.

And, did it for a guy who really makes a valuable contribution.

And a true leader. I expected Judon to be a really good player for them on the field, but his leadership has far outstripped any expectations I had for him. He’s the clear Captain of the defense, and probably the Captain of the entire team. They need to extend him as soon as possible.

They should frontload his contract so it pays him more during the first 2/3rds of the season but less when his production drops off in the final 3rd.
He played with bruised ribs in 2021, he had a hammy issue late last season.. that's the reason for the drop off..

And a true leader. I expected Judon to be a really good player for them on the field, but his leadership has far outstripped any expectations I had for him. He’s the clear Captain of the defense, and probably the Captain of the entire team. They need to extend him as soon as possible.
I believe the team knew with so many key guys becoming FAs next season. That it was imperative to do this. The guy is everything you'd want in a leader on and off the field. By far one of BB'S best FAs of the era. I'd like judon to be better managed this season so he's fresher down the stretch.. I honestly believe we'll be playing for something this season.

When would Judon get the money since his salary is fully guaranteed?

I believe the team knew with so many key guys becoming FAs next season. That it was imperative to do this. The guy is everything you'd want in a leader on and off the field. By far one of BB'S best FAs of the era. I'd like judon to be better managed this season so he's fresher down the stretch.. I honestly believe we'll be playing for something this season.

Agree with all of this, and they have the depth to spell Judon more often. To me this entire season is about one thing, competing. I don’t think we should expect a deep playoff run, that would be unreasonable, but if they can compete for a WC spot right to the end of the season. They face a brutal schedule, and getting to the playoffs would be an accomplishment, and a really good foundation to build upon.

When you play 100% like Judon and Gronk did, thats to be expected.

That's ridiculous. Fading down the stretch from injury is one thing, not because you played 100 percent earlier in the season.

Agreed. I do think Trent is a nice person, a good teammate, and an affable very large man. But not someone who deeply loves football or training. Not a work out warrior.
What do you base this personal character evaluation on?

All I know is if everyone stays healthy, Barmore, Judon, Uche, White and Wise are going to wreak havoc at the line of scrimmage.

If White isn't a mirage, that is one really difficult defensive front to block.

Judon is the best player on the team. Its about time BB paid the few talented players he has.
Kraft is paying BB 25 million a year and he has been awful at his job the past few years. Not seeing a problem with the extra pay for a loyal performer

Agreed. I do think Trent is a nice person, a good teammate, and an affable very large man. But not someone who deeply loves football or training. Not a work out warrior.
Maybe, but I don’t see that as a problem. The best coaches talk about how different players need to be coached differently. Brown is a monster and loves to play when properly coached. When not properly coached, he isn’t motivated. This is the reason you pay for coaches. To get the best out of players however they need to be coached.

Maybe, but I don’t see that as a problem. The best coaches talk about how different players need to be coached differently. Brown is a monster and loves to play when properly coached. When not properly coached, he isn’t motivated. This is the reason you pay for coaches. To get the best out of players however they need to be coached.

I do not think it is a problem either, but it was suggested that BB should pay him a bonus to Brown like Judon got. I do not agree with that.

I do not think it is a problem either, but it was suggested that BB should pay him a bonus to Brown like Judon got. I do not agree with that.
I can go either way. But I don’t know all the details from last year. I suspect he played through sickness because the OTs were so short handed, played through ****ty coaching and was judged harshly for it. I can see him thinking he deserves a bump. But I also could see Bill saying no.

I can go either way. But I don’t know all the details from last year. I suspect he played through sickness because the OTs were so short handed, played through ****ty coaching and was judged harshly for it. I can see him thinking he deserves a bump. But I also could see Bill saying no.

Trent got paid when he went to the Raiders and it did not end well. If BB pays him it has to be incentive based, not guaranteed like Judon. Two different personalities. Two different payment approaches. That was my point.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back