PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Belichick 7/24 Presser Thread

I don't think he could have handled that any better, basically closing the door on any further questions regarding AHern...

I don't think he could have handled that any better, basically closing the door on any further questions regarding AHern...

My point exactly. Even tho' Questions will still come he can say I addressed already go to transcripts lets move on!

I'm shocked Belichick said anything. I think his comment about being 'advised' made it clear that the organization (Kraft) handed down a request that he address this after all of the media mewling about this.

Look, I get that the guy killed people and that sucks. But the ******* histrionics but media *******s acting like they give a ****, personally, is ******* rich. They used their platforms to try to force the organization to give them what they want - something more than bland cliches.

The Patriots are in no way responsible for Hernandez gunning down 3 people, assuming that happened. So why should they make a statement about it

?

If I commit a crime on my free time does my work become responsible for it? No. It's no difference here.

I guess I'm just personally offended because the high and mighty soliloquies by jerk offs with an axe to grind like Borges were so transparent it was nauseating. They don't give a **** about Lloyd they want to write a story about how Belichick feels. It was all acting but the organization gave in and that sucks.

So when is Borges going to don sackcloth and ashes and proclaim far and wide how he and other "journalists" are sorry that a member of the Boston Herald the company where he works, murdered someone last year.

Sure.

I'm waiting cloacal cavity...

I am still extremely annoyed that anyone thought it was OK to ask if BB or anyone in the organization had been subpoenaed. As if that had a chance in hell of getting an answer. Irritating.

this is pft's tweet as expected..

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2h
Belichick is clearly reading from a statement. If it's fair to ask "Who really wrote it?" when players do that, it's fair to ask it here.

This is why he doesnt say anything

this is pft's tweet as expected..

This is why he doesnt say anything

Florio is clearly an idiot.

Marginally ahead of CHB.

Anyone know who the aggressive female throwing questions up was.

I'm going with our old buddy Ashley.

so...FESPN's first post interview analyst is Borges?

yeah...no hidden agenda there...nah

was BB good?? was he bad? did he mean what he said? did he extemporaneously speak? was it scripted???

who gives a rat's posterior.These media scumbags have this perception that what THEY think and write is somehow this unbelievable contribution to humanity and the progress of the human race. What total scum.

Some bb classics from today

Q: Without being too specific and getting too personal –

BB: I don’t think you need to worry about that, but I appreciate the warning.

Q: In terms of defining character, have the resources that you’ve used in the past been fairly reliable and do you feel like there was a failure here? Going forward, do you change resources that you rely on to determine character?

BB: Well, nobody knows better than you guys that all sources are not equal. You guys know that better than I do. ....

Q: For clarification, someone asked about your knowledge of the 2012 double homicide and the incident in Miami and your answer was ‘no.’ Was that no, you can’t comment or no, you didn’t know?

BB: That would be no.

I think the best presser is going to be tomorrow when some idiot will again ask Ahern questions.

I just watched the video and Belichick did a superb job in a terrible situation not of his own creation.

I kept thinking about the next press conference when they start asking Belichick about Hernandez. The true theater of the absurd will be open for business and the cliches will really start piling up.

Phrases like "We already addressed that" "I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation" "I can only talk about the players that are here" "Next question" will flow like the mighty Amazon on its inexorable path to the sea.

It will be a thing of beauty.

Just as an aside, did BB always smack his lips so much? I've watched loads of press conferences and for some reason it seems really noticeable lately.

Just as an aside, did BB always smack his lips so much? I've watched loads of press conferences and for some reason it seems really noticeable lately.

Noticed that too. Fair to say he was probably a little nervous today and the lip smacking was old-fashioned cottonmouth brought on by nerves/stress. I think he'd rather have been about anywhere else on earth - though I thought he stood up to the task well. Proud as ever he's our coach.

(To play amateur psychologist even more, I think the pencil in his ear was his way of saying "I'm going back to work the second this thing is over." :cool:)

Paraphrasing: "Have you talked to your family about it?" What kind of a press conference question is that ??? :bricks:

Paraphrasing: "Have you talked to your family about it?" What kind of a press conference question is that ??? :bricks:
I believe that was from the Herald's Steve Buckley who considers himself the gold standard of what's right. He was on CSNNE last night with ****erson and Tanguay the Dolt, all saying BB needed to go confession.

He did do some good stuff. And he was patrolling the MMQB/Brady thread on here yesterday, btw.

Troll, troll, troll your boat. ;)

Let me know what you guys think of the new site, either on that other thread, or shoot me an email. [email protected].

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Notably absent to us BB observers were his many post game snorts and sniffs

Troll, troll, troll your boat. ;)

Let me know what you guys think of the new site, either on that other thread, or shoot me an email. [email protected].

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Well, at least Linda H shouldn't complain about this photo being as scary as the last one. :D

Belichick on Hernandez: A Glimpse Under the Hoodie | The MMQB with Peter King

All kidding aside I like what I see so far. Enough unique articles to motivate me to check in regularly.

For those that haven't seen it yet, here is the site Greg is referring to: MMQB

Last edited:
The Patriot Way: Leave everyone with more questions than answers
Bill Belichick said all the things I expected him to say, and then followed it up with the best defense when you don't want to answer questions about what you just talked about: The "I-Can't-Comment-On-A-Legal-Situation" defense. "Sorry fellas, but it's out of my hands." It really isn't; you're just choosing to hide behind that.

But that's The Patriot Way under Belichick: Say nothing, ever, about anything. And if you do, then you're in trouble. Belichick did the easiest thing with the least amount of lifting possible: Have a statement, and that's it. It's clear this is New England's message going forward: We're done talking about Aaron Hernandez. Even though they've barely said anything at all about him. It's incredibly embarrassing for the organization. I know we all want better answers, but they're not coming. It's the Patriot Way.
on nfl.com...ugh.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back