PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Toast to Bill Belichick

Hope not..

Yeah, unfortunately, it's over.

Can't even close out the season properly. Get blown out at home by the mediocre Jets, of all teams. Kraft hates them as much as we do.

Don't see how BB survives that.

The downfall had to happen this way in my opinion in order to get the organization to enforce a philosophy change. Analytics, scoring is all what the NFL is about. The old way isn't working anymore. Most of the roster was mismanaged. So I agree the pieces on defense are where the foundation of this team is. I'm really warming up to jayden Daniels. We need to have a great offensive draft. 1 major move we could also look to make on defense is trading for jhaire Alexander in green bay to pair with gonzo .

I’m not saying patriots will be competing for super bowls. But look at the Texans. One good draft can vastly improve your team.

Big if, but if we hit on QB and WR and add talent on the Ol while keeping Henry:/onwenu/duggar. That team can beat a lot of bad teams with this defense in place.

You are talking as if we aren’t in a new rebuild even if Bill stays. We just went 4-13 what do you call that?

Why would they blow up the entire defense? That makes no sense. The idea of a rebuild is to acquire more talent not less.

The offense is woefully untalented due to either neglect or poor drafting.

That’s not to say the team can’t rebound added they find a competent QB, a #1 receiver and fill out the Ol while keeping players like Duggar/Henry in FA.
Missing on or butchering on the QB position is what caused this. I know injuries are part of the game however aside from defense there are no depth peices on offense that we could win with.

It all had to happen this way, this season in my opinion in order for some philosophy changes to happen.

Missing on or butchering on the QB position is what caused this. I know injuries are part of the game however aside from defense there are no depth peices on offense that we could win with.

It all had to happen this way, this season in my opinion in order for some philosophy changes to happen.

The last two seasons actually

Cause last year was just as bad.

I’m not saying patriots will be competing for super bowls. But look at the Texans. One good draft can vastly improve your team.

Big if, but if we hit on QB and WR and add talent on the Ol while keeping Henry:/onwenu/duggar. That team can beat a lot of bad teams with this defense in place.
Bingo! I myself have said in prior post that getting the QB can instantly change a teams trajectory. Look at Houston hosting a home playoff game. CJ stroud has a bigger arm than Josh Allen in my opinion. He has a rocket launcher. Demecco Ryan's is a mike Tomlin type of coach. I don't subscribe to the 5 year rebuild junk.. this is the NFL 1 season can change in an instant when you have the QB.

There would have to be some major, major changes offensively. I habesaid that it had to be this ,looking this bad, rock bottom in order for the organization to make change.
Here is a hypothesis

BB wanted Mac gone. Kraft didnt want more instability

Now that Mac Jones clearly is not the guy, and Zappe proved he did develop a bit through the seasons, BB gets one more year

Maybe Mac just wasnt cut for the NFL. Zappe in 2 seasons showed more poise (last game notwithstanding). What can BB and O'brien do with a top 2 QB?

One more year. If nothing changes, clean house is in order

Can't even close out the season properly. Get blown out at home by the mediocre Jets, of all teams. Kraft hates them as much as we do.

I will admit I don't know much about what Kraft likes or dislikes but the man loves Goodell and for that, as a fan, he's a POS.

Here is a hypothesis

BB wanted Mac gone. Kraft didnt want more instability

Now that Mac Jones clearly is not the guy, and Zappe proved he did develop a bit through the seasons, BB gets one more year

Maybe Mac just wasnt cut for the NFL. Zappe in 2 seasons showed more poise (last game notwithstanding). What can BB and O'brien do with a top 2 QB?

One more year. If nothing changes, clean house is in order
Yeah. That's a definite possibility. The thing is here what is Ownership thinking? Here's what my theory is.

Ownership appreciates, admires and of course acknowledges how great Bill has been. As a business model and multi- billion dollar entity getting phased out of prime time, possibly sponsors considering pulling out. Season tickets dwindling, concessions ect. Do they say the loosing is dropping our profit margin? We have looked embarrassing and the worst offense in the NFL, players caught on hot Mike's saying " we ass".. Jonathan saying we just aren't good enough...

Could that be the ultimate business decision? The pentagon over at 1 patriots place isn't going to give us an inclination. So it's up to our speculation...

losing was the best thing for the franchise. Who gives a crap about a meaningless last game, no matter the opponent when losing gives you a better chance of a franchise QB.

You are talking as if we aren’t in a new rebuild even if Bill stays. We just went 4-13 what do you call that?

Why would they blow up the entire defense? That makes no sense. The idea of a rebuild is to acquire more talent not less.

The offense is woefully untalented due to either neglect or poor drafting.

That’s not to say the team can’t rebound added they find a competent QB, a #1 receiver and fill out the Ol while keeping players like Duggar/Henry in FA.
We're not in a rebuild stage. We need a QB and a LT. You can't compete in the NFL without a QB. Look at the Texans.

Why blow up the defense? Look at them. They were drafted to play Belichick style defense. Bend but don't break. These guys are plugged into a very specific style of play, and this goes for everyone outside Gonzalez and Barmore.

Bentley/Tavai are ILB run stuffers in a 3-4, dinosaurs in another system.

Setting the edge, it's Keion White and Derek Wise. I have my doubts they could move inside and stop the run.

Judon is getting on, he'll be gone before they become god under a new coach.

Look at Peppers, my prime example of a guy who was brought in to be the big nickel, a guy who struggled elsewhere precisely because other teams would rather use a linebacker with speed in place of a player like that.

I got it from taking the games Starr didn't start for Lombardi, taking the wins, then dividing those by the wins + losses.

Do I believe Lombardi's winning percentage without Starr? Tough to argue against it?

I don't understand how your second question follows the first.

To argue Halas, Brown, and Lombardi don't belong in the conversation of greatest ever is absolutely insane.
This is really lame when you consider all games Lombardi coached without Starr were NOT outside Starr's time with the Packers. Those were games when Starr was injured. When the Packers were good.

There were a total of 21 games.

Lombardi never coached the Packers when Starr wasn't the top QB.

The proper comparison would be games Bill coached during the Brady era when Brady was hurt or didn't start.

The QBs are Matt Cassel, Garoppolo, Jacoby Brisset, and Belichick's record over those 16 games (comparable to 21 games) is 14-6. 70% winning percentage, higher than Lombardi's

Plenty of arguments both ways about Bill being the greatest coach ever.

One argument against it was made by Bradshaw on TV. Shula still has the wins record. Not saying it's a good argument but it's an argument.

Hoping for the best But if he goes, I will be fine eventually, although it took me some time to recover from Chuck Fairbanks leaving
I'm of the opinion it will be a very bad decision to let Belichick go. The best decision Kraft ever made was hiring him in the first place, just like the best for the Sullivans was hiring Fairbanks, and the best decision of Kiam was hiring Parcells.

But the overall record of Patriot ownership through these 60 years will be very bad when you consider how bad the Sullivans were (confronting opposing players, getting punched in the face, Michael Jackson Victory tour (the equivalent of No, No Nanette), to Kiam's "Patriot Missiles," Lisa Olson problem and coaching missteps, to Kraft and the Parcells squabbles, choice of Pop-Pom Pete, and now blowing up a rebuild in the middle of the process.

Bad ownership for 60 years -- they made 3 good decisions, and that's all they have to show for it.

Substitute "Johnny" for "Billy"

**** Rehbein, RIP, was responsible for finding Brady not Belichick. If BB actually believed in Brady he wouldn't have waited till the 6th round to take him.

If you want to give credit where it's due, show the real respect to **** Rehbein who went to bat for Brady in the draft.

Article: Tom Brady Owes His Career to a Patriots Coach Who Tragically Died Before Ever Seeing Him Throw a Touchdown
Did you get a chance to watch Tom in college? He wasn’t very good. I probly saw ten of his games.. and when we drafted him I remember thinking … y? He’s probly not even going to make the team ..

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back