PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick’s uncertain future looms over the NFL

Same situation as when Tom was on TB or when a player who was well-liked here catches on with another team.

Yup, I wouldn't be rooting for him against the Patriots, but if he was (as the poster said) on the Chargers, I'd be rooting like hell for him versus any of the other teams in that division.

Not me.

I wouldn't root against him either unless his team played the Pats... Definitely curious to see what he could do with a completely different team and another GM but other than that he would be just another head coach.
I'd feel the same way about a coach but I get much more attached to the players.

Right. That was why I asked. I didn't feel like Brady got that from fans here after he left.

You're kidding right? Ian had to make a whole separate forum because so many people started posting more about the Bucs than the Patriots. Brady 100% had a following here post Patriots.

Yup, I wouldn't be rooting for him against the Patriots, but if he was (as the poster said) on the Chargers, I'd be rooting like hell for him versus any of the other teams in that division.
That's common sense. If anyone's rooting for any player or coach who left the Patriots in any game that hurts the Pats chances then they wouldn't be a Pats fan. Unfortunately, this year that applies for draft picks but not playoff seeding.

You're kidding right? Ian had to make a whole separate forum because so many people started posting more about the Bucs than the Patriots. Brady 100% had a following here post Patriots.
You're kidding right? Of course he had a following. He earned it. And the reason a separate forum had to be formed was because of complaints, not because of the volume of fans who still supported Brady. And those same fans who complained then now want us to root for Bill no matter where he goes, or worse yet, keep him here so he can complete the job of flushing MY team down the drain. No thanks.

You're kidding right? Of course he had a following. He earned it. And the reason a separate forum had to be formed was because of complaints, not because of the volume of fans who still supported Brady. And those same fans who complained then now want us to root for Bill no matter where he goes, or worse yet, keep him here so he can complete the job of flushing MY team down the drain. No thanks.

I think your recollection of events is skewed, but you probably feel the same about me. We can leave it at that if you want.

Right. That was why I asked. I didn't feel like Brady got that from fans here after he left.
...because some people in the fam base are assholes.

Teams aren't just going to focus on Belichick's last few years. His resume is largely one of greatness. If Bill told the Chargers he would only coach if he could be GM too, I think they give him that power. They have everything in place. From a franchise QB to players on D. Belichick would make them legit SB contenders. Chicago would probably give him full control. But even with Williams, they are far away from competing.

Last edited:
Teams aren't just going to focus on Belichick's last few years. His resume is largely one of greatness. If Bill told the Chargers he would only coach if he could be GM too, I think they give him that power. They have everything in place. From a franchise QB to a players on D. Belichick would make them legit SB contenders.
Chargers take him please.
Major League Baseball Please GIF by Detroit Tigers

The Giants keep going in this direction and that door will also open for Bill...and if Kraft gives him the opportunity he would be their HC tomorrow.

What kind of chit ass franchise is going to want a 71 year old man who ran his franchise into the ground. Oh, wait...
New York Prime Video GIF by NFL On Prime

Teams aren't just going to focus on Belichick's last few years. His resume is largely one of greatness. If Bill told the Chargers he would only coach if he could be GM too, I think they give him that power. They have everything in place. From a franchise QB to players on D. Belichick would make them legit SB contenders. Chicago would probably give him full control. But even with Williams, they are far away from competing.
He's definitely valuable, and if he's a good sh!t and grateful for his time here he'll let Kraft deal him to a place of his choice for some compensation. We need it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back