PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WaPo: "Bill Belichick is unchanged, at the peak of his dynasty and at its end"

This full blast Belichick propaganda campaign would make the editors of Pravda blush.

How surprised are we going to be when Bill's our coach next year and Mac's the QB? I have a funny feeling that may happen.

How surprised are we going to be when Bill's our coach next year and Mac's the QB? I have a funny feeling that may happen.
only if Mac‘s arc suddenly turns skyward I think

5 years from now after BB retires his memoire will be published and we will all come to find out that these past few seasons were part of the 'plan' to rebuild. The plan to have more than enough cap with high draft pick(s)? to splurge on the new dynasty.... Chess > checkers < othello? /sarcasm /wishfulthinking

5 years from now after BB retires his memoire will be published and we will all come to find out that these past few seasons were part of the 'plan' to rebuild. The plan to have more than enough cap with high draft pick(s)? to splurge on the new dynasty.... Chess > checkers < othello? /sarcasm /wishfulthinking
Just doing what's best for the football team...

I have been really melancholy over the current state of the team, and I have gotten into it with a couple guys who are relentless in their hatred for Bill. It really pains me to see this failure, but I cannot say that I am shocked by it. This is what I sent to someone in a DM here:

I think Belichick's methodology worked during the dynasty run because they had buy in by McGinest, Law, Bruschi and Milloy. They all spoke about how they wanted Bill and he was able to do what he does because those guys backed up his style with what they expected. They set it in stone as the Patriot Way. Later, Tom led it, with Harrison, McCourty and Slate, but you could see there were cracks in the system when guys like Thomas and Shawn Springs were here, later on it was Gronk who didn't want to be coached like that. Finally, it was Tom who had enough and left.

Bill has been unable to evolve as a coach because he is what he is. This is the way it's done, there is no other way to do it. It really not that he hasn't evolved, it's that he can't. This is the way. He'd make a great Armorer in the Mandalorian, he's almost a zealot for his unbending, unflinching devotion to his militaristic style of coaching.

Today, the team is led by a first round pick who's not really that good, who clearly cannot handle Bill's method and isn't mentally strong enough to deal with the BS that Bill brings. For every David Andrews and Slate on the roster, there's a JC Jackson who doesn't do what's needed.

100% should have kept Jakobi, looking back, but clearly he was one of the guys who went outside of ranks with Hoyer and Bailey, so now they are ****canned. Bill should have dealt with it differently, but he simply can't. Just like shipping out Law, Milloy, Moss, and eventually not giving Tom what he wanted. He expects the next man up to do it, but Bill the GM has not supported Bill the HC with good enough players. There's not enough depth with the 2nds and 3rds. In the end, that's going to be the downfall of this team and of Bill. His unbending ways will prove to be be his undoing.

For all Bill's brilliance, without great players who carry the message, it's just a painful way to be coached. It's just him being true to the methodology that made him successful. In the end, in Bill's words, it's a players game. If the players don't buy in to his coaching, then it's a mess. One of the talking heads said it was no fun playing here when they were 12-4, 14-2, winning SBs and going to the AFCCG every year. Well, how much fun is it when your 2-7?

I really mourn for the loss of what we had as fans. This too shall end, I guess.

I can't say hes changed the way he coaches or not.

What I can say is he is not coaching or running the organization as well as he had in the past.

Sub-optimal personnel moves...lack of discipline...lack of execution, etc.

If i'm looking to make a general statement about BB right now it's he's lost his fastball.
BB Hasn't changed a bit. The talent around him has. Be it his staff or players on the roster. Plain and simple!

… One of the talking heads said it was no fun playing here when they were 12-4, 14-2, winning SBs and going to the AFCCG every year. Well, how much fun is it when you’re 2-7?
There were always players who said it was no fun playing here, and there were always players who loved it. Talking heads will pick whichever quotes they find best fit their agenda of the moment, which is of course always whatever will maximize clicks.

BB Hasn't changed a bit. The talent around him has. Be it his staff or players on the roster. Plain and simple!
They make way more on-the-field mistakes. To you point could be talent but could be they just aren't listening to him.

They make way more on-the-field mistakes. To you point could be talent but could be they just aren't listening to him.
Agreed. I feel it's just talent, when we had the talent seems as if they took to the coaching. It's the loosing, not buying in, loss of focus. It's even spilled over to the defense..

macall22.gif

He could have pulled the trigger when Gesicki crossed the 40. No confidence in his ability.

Also just a side note. I saw the post game interview with Godchaux. He said verbatim.. " a team traded thier two best edge guys and we still couldn't take advantage, still couldn't win".. he repeated it like 3x. As a leader on defense that is telling!

Agreed. I feel it's just talent, when we had the talent seems as if they took to the coaching. It's the loosing, not buying in, loss of focus. It's even spilled over to the defense..
It does seem that the hallmark of being well coached is gone. If that's Bill being stretched too thin, no buy in, no talent... who knows?

Is it possible he (Bill) is just going thru the motions and collecting a check at this point? If it was anyone else, I would 100% think that, but because it's Bill Belichick, we sit here and wait for him to magically turn it around.

He's not going to. They are what they are.

happy cris carter GIF

It does seem that the hallmark of being well coached is gone. If that's Bill being stretched too thin, no buy in, no talent... who knows?

Is it possible he (Bill) is just going thru the motions and collecting a check at this point? If it was anyone else, I would 100% think that, but because it's Bill Belichick, we sit here and wait for him to magically turn it around.

happy cris carter GIF
I don't think Bill is going through the motions. I think he is legitimately giving it 100% of everything he has.

I do think his 100% now was his 70% 5 years ago.

happy cris carter GIF
You said it spot on. It's a collection of all those things. Guys came here, well to win based on the allure of the patriots and everything they meant (past tense) . I believe BB is of course still the same coach, but just doesn't have the guys.. when you have those certain players It's alot easier to get the message resonated. His staff has also taken big hits over the years so ultimately yes more on his plate. For example pelligrino is the DBs coach.. he's 31 years old, and his background is lacrosse. How can someone teach a position they never played. Just decisions like that for example.

We also seem to forget the past few years have seen a huge migration/poaching/retiring of important coaches. Scars loss was immense. And tbh I think McD leaving screwed Mac. Then bill on top of it not having a legit coach for him. They literally ruined him me thinks.

We also seem to forget the past few years have seen a huge migration/poaching/retiring of important coaches. Scars loss was immense. And tbh I think McD leaving screwed Mac. Then bill on top of it not having a legit coach for him. They literally ruined him me thinks.
Agreed. Take a look at his staff, Mike pelligrino a 30 yr. Old lacrosse player. In charge of coaching up DBs. It's as if he believes that people who have played in any sports could coach football.

Reactions: sb1
Bill probably wants to hire McDaniels back as linebackers coach.

Maybe you misinterpreted my post... Maybe you didn't and I misunderstood yours... Let me try to be clearer

You knew what you had in 2000... Same guy you have in 2023... Same guy who kept this franchise humming for 20 years.

Fundamentally BB has not changed the way he coaches... this should not be a surprise to anyone.

Guy is rock solid as far as I am concerned. If he is here next year, I'm good with that. Make a few tweaks in the scoutíng program/player eval, bring Josh back ànd lets roll .

That's my "so?"

I think they are saying it was Brady that kept the franchise humming and it fell apart as soon as BB did the stupidest thing of his life and ran Brady out of town.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back