PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick’s uncertain future looms over the NFL

I don't think our injury situation is such an outlier that we can let Bill off the hook as GM.
I dunno, but I can't think of a team that's had this level of injuries on the OL this early in the season (and they lost their top 4 CBs and best front 7 player to injury at the same time). Even in 2013 the injuries were more evenly distributed.

Nevertheless, I agree with you that he needs to not be GM anymore.

I dunno, but I can't think of a team that's had this level of injuries on the OL this early in the season (and they lost their top 4 CBs and best front 7 player to injury at the same time). Even in 2013 the injuries were more evenly distributed.

Nevertheless, I agree with you that he needs to not be GM anymore.
It's all pretty sad.

It all went off the rails when Ernie Adams left. We’ll, maybe slightly before that.

It all went off the rails when Ernie Adams left. We’ll, maybe slightly before that.
It's just been a combination of bad decisions and bad luck. Yes, he certainly should've done more to bolster the OL than he did this offseason. But his strategy of just throwing bodies at the problem honestly should've produced better results than this. But it's hard to succeed when you have basically your entire projected starting OL injured at the same time in the preseason, and then even the replacements get injured.

Bill REFUSED to change his methods after Brady left - His bargain basement pickups and scrubs only worked for 2 decades because Brady could make almost any meh player useful and he got away with it and being cheap and letting studs go - He continued this year to put out a laughable set of scrub receivers that would not even crack the starting lineup of 70% of the other NFL teams while letting his best receiver go only to pick up a has been and trash receiver from the Chiefs and Steelers garbage bin

He needs to go and the longer he is coach and runs this team as a general manager the longer this team will take to improve and the deeper this team will sink to 1990-91 levels - Brady made Bill the so called 'genius',no question about it.

Fire him now and lets get back and start over, we waited for decades to become a dynasty 20+ years ago - most of us can wait again but it gotta start sooner than later while we are still alive and semi young :).

Last edited:
Here’s what I think will happen. It will come out that the genius BB had all this planned out. Using cam shows they got caught with pants down with no plan but it will come out letting tb go and picking corky was the plan all along. Along with being so ****ty this season to get a high draft pic. We are lead to believe they’d never talk but that is exactly what they did am I wrong? Chances are they go 2-15 with a lot of fans moving on and no loss there. Fairweather fans are the worst. Usually know **** about foos ball also. **** em won’t b listening to those skrubs….i just need to get past the clustrfck that is a mess.,.

There is nothing uncertain about BB future. He remains as coach if the NE Patriots. Kraft can fire him only to risk him being a success with another team. Taking the GM role away and he till be involved because he is BB what GM would want to work with him plus he would have an excuse.

I don't want him gone but if he does I hope he gets hired by the Chargers and look out.
You'd be rooting for him even though he was on a different team?

Which is a good reason not to fire him. We will look as dumb as the Chargers firing Marty Schottenheimer.
The Pats are looking at 2-14 while the Bolts were 14-2. We'd actually look a lot smarter.

Yeah. I mean let's even say hypothetically in the next 2-3 years Bill gets this team being back to talented enough to compete. It's highly unlikely he's the guy that's going to be leading that ship for the 5 or so years following to maintain consistency. So ultimately even if Bill does pull an upset and get things right, someone else is going to likely be taking his team and trying to win with it. So do we just want to rip the bandaid off and say it's more likely a 71-72 year old isn't going to break precedent and we get new blood who can build the team they want to run with and potentially be the guy the next 10-15 years on their terms? I think that's a real question we need to ask ourselves.
Maybe he's trying to help set up his kids.

Bill REFUSED to change his methods after Brady left - His bargain basement pickups and scrubs only worked for 2 decades because Brady could make almost any meh player useful and he got away with it and being cheap and letting studs go - He continued this year to put out a laughable set of scrub receivers that would not even crack the starting lineup of 70% of the other NFL teams while letting his best receiver go only to pick up a has been and trash receiver from the Chiefs and Steelers garbage bin

He needs to go and the longer he is coach and runs this team as a general manager the longer this team will take to improve and the deeper this team will sink to 1990-91 levels - Brady made Bill the so called 'genius',no question about it.

Fire him now and lets get back and start over, we waited for decades to become a dynasty 20+ years ago - most of us can wait again but it gotta start sooner than later while we are still alive and semi young :).

Irony is Bills methods are what pushed Tom out and got us in this place to begin with.

People forget how bad the 2019 offense was. Brady was throwing to sanu/Watson with NewHouse as his OL.

4 years later Bill learned nothing from that experiment.

The offensive talent has been declining on this team since 2018 when Bill traded cooks and tried to trade Gronk.

And we haven't replaced a #1 target like Gronk since 2018

It's also not just a problem of the last 4 years. This is a symptom of 10 years of just poor drafting or planning to get to this point

The 2014-2018 Superbowl teams were built on great drafts hightower, Edelman, gronk, McCourty, vereen, white etc.

The problem is as those guys got older/retired Bill never was able to draft their replacements. Adequately. Or he traded guys like Shaq Mason for no reason.

That's what happens when you reach for special teams and busts in the 1st or 2nd round. It's okay when your roster is full of pro bowl players with Tom brady. That Alfonso denard or special teamer won't hurt the team.

What hurts the team is years later when your stars start to retire and there's no one to step up.

Bill used to be the best with finding someone's replacement. Woodhead/vereen/white...branch/welker/Edelman. Moss/Gronk(as a #1 target).

He's somehow lost that touch of drafting replacements though. I mean we drafted 2 tight ends high. Then the next summer bill has to go pay top $ to Henry/smith. Henry has worked out but the point is you wasted 2 high picks on total busts.

Eventually if most of your picks on offense are whiffs or busts you end up with an untalented team like we have now

The question remaining is do you trust Bill to draft/trade/sign well to get us out of it.

I'm not sure he will/can

The Pats are looking at 2-14 while the Bolts were 14-2. We'd actually look a lot smarter.
Chargers also made the playoffs that year.

Marty also only had 1 losing record in his 5 year stint in San Diego and had 3 consecutibe winning seasons. He mostly got fired because Spanos and him butted heads over the coaching staff

Kind of bizarre to think the Patriots were 30 seconds away from going 8-6 last year before they blew it against the Raiders

That would now qualify for the good ol' days

You'd be rooting for him even though he was on a different team?
Not me.

I wouldn't root against him either unless his team played the Pats... Definitely curious to see what he could do with a completely different team and another GM but other than that he would be just another head coach.

Same situation as when Tom was on TB or when a player who was well-liked here catches on with another team.
Right. That was why I asked. I didn't feel like Brady got that from fans here after he left.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back