PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Bill Belichick is done, here’s who could replace him in New England

All I can say is the next few days will be interesting.

I thought we were talking now, and in the future.
Oh, McVay has altered his offense? It didn't look so hot against the Bengals either. He was lucky he has an awesome defense.

I look around and the only truly neat thing out there is Miami's offense.

But Buffalo has figured them out twice. Last week Miami was annihilated by Baltimore. And both of these teams run defense the way Belichick does, a lot of man, bend but don't break. With Miami you just keep everything in front of you and you let them do their fancy dances.

Um, he took over for wretched Kevin Sumlin who burns it down everywhere he goes. Sumlin’s Arizona team list to instate rival ASU 70-7 in 2020.

They went winless in covid 2020. Sumlin was fired after three years of fecklessness.

Fisch took over a depleted team in 2021 and went 1-11.

Two years later, 2023, he finishes 10-3 after soundly thrashing Oklahoma in a bowl game.

Arizona is now slated as the top team in the Big 12 that they are joining next season.

Just a TREMENDOUS coaching job.
One good college season (out of 3) in a weak conference isn’t NFL HC qualifications.

Oh, McVay has altered his offense? It didn't look so hot against the Bengals either. He was lucky he has an awesome defense.

But Buffalo has figured them out twice. Last week Miami was annihilated by Baltimore. And both of these teams run defense the way Belichick does, a lot of man, bend but don't break. With Miami you just keep everything in front of you and you let them do their fancy dances.
I was using McVay as an example of being hot when he started. I was discussing as to why you shouldn’t be afraid to let Belichick go now. There’s coaches who come in every year and win games too.

I am. The McVay offense is the McVay offense.
I’m not talking about McVays offense. My point is that there are new coaches who come in and turn teams around quickly. Losing Belichick doesn’t mean we’re going to lose forever. There’s hope that someone else, even unknowns can come in and win football games.

I’m not talking about McVays offense. My point is that there are new coaches who come in and turn teams around quickly. Losing Belichick doesn’t mean we’re going to lose forever. There’s hope that someone else, even unknowns can come in and win football games.
I was responding to the idea that we need someone with an innovative offense and the specific mention of McVay.

By the way, the record for the vast majority of the NFL is that new coaches fail over and over and over. Take our division mates: they lost Shula, Levy, Parcells and then they hired a combined 25+ head coaches, for over 55+ years combined, and not once did they win an AFC CG. The guys who consistently win are Reid, Harbaugh and Tomlin (although in both Tomlin and Harbaugh's case, they've barely won a playoff game in a decade). So who are these coaches who come in and turn things around quickly?

I was responding to the idea that we need someone with an innovative offense and the specific mention of McVay.

By the way, the record for the vast majority of the NFL is that new coaches fail over and over and over. Take our division mates: they lost Shula, Levy, Parcells and then they hired a combined 25+ head coaches, for over 55+ years combined, and not once did they win an AFC CG. The guys who consistently win are Reid, Harbaugh and Tomlin (although in both Tomlin and Harbaugh's case, they've barely won a playoff game in a decade). So who are these coaches who come in and turn things around quickly?
I mentioned a few in my original post. What are we even talking about here? Did you mean to reply to someone else? Belichick isn’t the only coach who wins football games. As a matter of fact, nearly every other coach in the league this year has won more than he has. Demeco Ryans, Sean McVay, Shanahan, plenty of guys come out and turn things around for their respective organizations.

I mentioned a few in my original post. What are we even talking about here? Did you mean to reply to someone else? Belichick isn’t the only coach who wins football games. As a matter of fact, nearly every other coach in the league this year has won more than he has. Demeco Ryans, Sean McVay, Shanahan, plenty of guys come out and turn things around for their respective organizations.
With all due respect, Demeco Ryans hasn't won anything yet. He really is flavor of the month. It's one year, yet to win a playoff game.

McVay yes, Shanahan yes but they've been around now for awhile.

It's going to take a lot of luck to bring us someone who wins. Because it's so rare, coaches are fired constantly.

Bills fans and media wanted McDermott fired this year.

This is why I make the case for Belichick. He's proven in the playoffs, we're at the tail end of a rebuild we're about to blow up and start all over again.

McVay ran into Belichick though and was stopped cold.

This is the thing. Belichick knows these offenses inside and out, backwards and forwards. That's why he stopped them.
That was then, this is now. QBs that Bill lost to this season:

Sam Howell (5th Rd rookie)
Gardner Minshew (6th Rd back-up)
Tommy DeVito (undrafted rookie)
Trevor Sieman (7th Rd back-up)

Let it go, he's cooked.

Dude, where do you come up with this ****? Are you on drugs?
McDaniel is 3-1 vs Belichick and the only loss was against their 3rd string QB.
Tua is 6-0 against Belichick.

Screenshot_20231122_135450_Firefox.jpg

I do not care if Pats go 0-16 next year. It is absolutely the right time for a change and to reset the franchise.

I would love to see Jim Harbaugh, quirks and all.
I also think Sarkisian would be a good choice.

Agreed, I laugh at people that say we will be in for a rude awakening after Bill.... As if we didn't just finish a 4-13 year and haven't been ass since Brady left. It's 100% time for a change and luckily I'm very confident it will happen.

I am. The McVay offense is the McVay offense.
Remember when you said that McVay/Rams were frauds because they sold out to win a SB but became failures because of it?
Two years after their SB, they're back in the playoffs with a bunch of unknowns and rookies. Five years after our SB we are 4-13.

I was pretty adamant early in the year (after the Philly game) we need a new voice.

However, I’d rather bill stay and give up some control. And get some people in here with fresh ideas,etc. because I still think he has some really good qualities as a coach.

You’re gonna lose games when you can’t block and have no playmakers.

I want harbaugh.

But I’m open to bill staying, if there’s massive changes.

You really need to stop living in the past. There's a dozen HCs in their 30s/40s that have winning records or brought their teams to playoffs or turned them around.

- Dan Campbell took the garbage that Fat Matt left behind (BB-tree), wins division in year 3
- Mike McDaniel back-2-back playoffs
- Zac Taylor took his team to SB in year 3
- Nick Sirianni took his team to SB in year 2
- Stefanski, in playoffs again w/ Joe Flacco
- McVay in playoffs a year after blowing up his team.
- Shanahan always fields a contender
- McDermott won division 4 straight years
- Matt LaFleur in playoffs again same year he lost franchise QB
- Kevin O'Connell wins division his 1st season
- Demico Ryan, rookie HC wins division in 1st year
- Shane Steichen brings team 1 gm from making playoffs in his rookie season w/ a back-up QB.

And before you ask how many SBs they've won, you first need to make the playoffs, be competitive. I'll take what these young coaches are doing over the **** show sub .500 crap that Bill's been putting out.

I do not care if Pats go 0-16 next year. It is absolutely the right time for a change and to reset the franchise.

I would love to see Jim Harbaugh, quirks and all.
I also think Sarkisian would be a good choice.
I'm also hoping we can land Jim Harbaugh if/when BB leaves.

He was really successful with San Francisco. "Harbaugh coached the San Francisco 49ers for four seasons, leading them to a 44-19-1 record, three NFC championship games and an appearance in Super Bowl XLVII."

And he has obviously built a national championship contending team at Michigan.

He will also have recently been involved in recruiting high potential athletes for the college ranks so he'll have a good grasp of upcoming NFL draft prospects as well.

Article on Harbaugh: Michigan's Jim Harbaugh on possible NFL future: 'I'll gladly talk about it next week'

In my opinion, if you plan drafting a QB in the 1st, you should go for an offensive minded HC. The goal is to have your QB having the same voice as long as possible. We hear every year the excuse that having multiple OC is breaking QBs left and right.

But at this point, I think the most probable is that the HC will be Mayo with BOB or Josh as OC. With either of them having the freedom to assemble their own staff.

Dude, where do you come up with this ****? Are you on drugs?
McDaniel is 3-1 vs Belichick and the only loss was against their 3rd string QB.
Tua is 6-0 against Belichick.

View attachment 55707
Tua just choked at home with the AFCE on the line.

Now HC Poindexter and Tua must go into Arrowhead and try to take out a weakened Chiefs team. Watch Miami implode as the KC defense rips Tua and the Wifebeater apart.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back