PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Belichick 7/24 Presser Thread

on nfl.com...ugh.

And BB has a very good reason to be that way....why? Because whatever he says will be blared out as a headline and twisted in any way it can be, all in pursuit of a "story".

I love how he handles the media. They can throw their tantrums all they like, but he is right. He doesn't owe anyone in the freakin' media ANYTHING when it comes to Aaron Hernandez.

on nfl.com...ugh.

I don't know what press conference that piece of garbage was watching but the one I saw BB looked genuinely gutted and tried to answer the questions as best he could. Only a cold hearted POS couldn't see that or maybe he's just playing the contrarian for clicks, either way it's trash.

BB took ownership and showed responsibility in just the right way.

Yes, it really is a big deal, not just something minor that got hyped by the media (contrast "Spygate"). And, yes, it is a big deal for BB personally, because the team is his team, his responsibility.

After watching him, it was clear to me that, if anyone has the strength of purpose and will-power to carry the team forward, BB does.

First reviews of yesterdays press conference are positive, as have yet to come across any of the local scribes who are critical of what he did..

Masterful?? Not sure he is on that plane, human is more like it.. he handled himself as well as he probably could, silenced the naysayers and is allowing his team to move on...

Just as an aside, did BB always smack his lips so much? I've watched loads of press conferences and for some reason it seems really noticeable lately.

I've noticed that in past press conferences, usually the more stressful ones (like after a loss).

on nfl.com...ugh.

I'm glad you didn't provide a link because I don't want to be tempted it click on it ... but who the heck wrote that? "I know we all want better answers." Mmm, I really don't know what other answers the Pats as a football organization can give.

so...FESPN's first post interview analyst is Borges?

yeah...no hidden agenda there...nah

was BB good?? was he bad? did he mean what he said? did he extemporaneously speak? was it scripted???

who gives a rat's posterior.These media scumbags have this perception that what THEY think and write is somehow this unbelievable contribution to humanity and the progress of the human race. What total scum.

I actually loved Borges' answers to the anchor's questions. He basically took credit for what BB said. Paraphrasing, "Well, he basically did what I told him to do in my column this morning."

Right, I'm sure BB used the media's advice on how to handle such things. Then again, wouldn't Borges be an expert at using someone else's work in a public setting?

I actually loved Borges' answers to the anchor's questions. He basically took credit for what BB said. Paraphrasing, "Well, he basically did what I told him to do in my column this morning."

Right, I'm sure BB used the media's advice on how to handle such things. Then again, wouldn't Borges be an expert at using someone else's work in a public setting?

LOL, typical Borges. I'm not even surprised. This entire event has increased my HATRED for the media. I have no respect for any of them. THEY ALL SUCK.

LOL, typical Borges. I'm not even surprised. This entire event has increased my HATRED for the media. I have no respect for any of them. THEY ALL SUCK.
Hard to disagree. Even Greg Bedard, whom I generally like very much,l sort of disappointed me yesterday with his interview with D&C on WEEI. I'm paraphrasing here, but he alluded to being aware of all sorts of warning flags associated with Hernandez all along, suggesting that perhaps the Patriots should have known better. But, he also referred to Hernandez about a month ago as "a good kid at heart." And that was after AH became the focus of the murder investigation.

I wouldn't bet against Belichick

"I wouldn't bet against Belichick. They certainly have a history of being able to operate in chaos, or during a crisis. They almost ripped off a perfect season during Spygate. They won a Super Bowl after losing Drew Bledsoe. They went 11-5 after losing Tom Brady. So, Belichick does have a way of getting the team focused on playing amid turmoil around them."

Chat: Karen Guregian at Belichick's press conference | Boston Herald

Makes sense to me...:cool:

Re: I wouldn't bet against Belichick

Here's the deal: the Ahern situation is reasonably benign in that he no longer is on the team and the team is not responsible for what he did. I see no reason why it can't be all but forgotten by the time the season starts. It's like the player suffered a career-ending injury. Moving on from this should have no lingering effects.

Here's the deal: the Ahern situation is reasonably benign in that he no longer is on the team and the team is not responsible for what he did. I see no reason why it can't be all but forgotten by the time the season starts. It's like the player suffered a career-ending injury. Moving on from this should have no lingering effects.

Footballs fans quickly forget...lets say Jake Ballard comes as advertised and another TE emmerges out of the woodwork...the question would be Ahern Who?:confused:

With the addition of losing Weklah and Dennard getting in trouble again. This offseason sucked so far. Tebow also...:(

With the addition of losing Weklah and Dennard getting in trouble again. This offseason sucked so far. Tebow also...:(

Amendola will replace Wax Wikler effectively enough. It looks like Dennard will be playing. Tebow is the No. 3 QB, which I have no problem with. Gronk will be back when it counts. The defense is deeper and stronger. We are much more physical overall at WR.

There is PLENTY to look forward to!

We know Belichick is the coach for the job and Brady is the quarterback for the job in containing situations off the field to a minimum...what we don't know is how the others are going to work together to have this team focused on winning a championship and learning how to keep distractions at a distance.

I'm not worried about the 2 most important cogs on this machine.....I'm just going to wait to see if the others end up on the same page to see what type of team this is.....there are a lot of new additions and the pieces to the puzzle will be filled in one at a time.

Amendola will replace Wax Wikler effectively enough. It looks like Dennard will be playing. Tebow is the No. 3 QB, which I have no problem with. Gronk will be back when it counts. The defense is deeper and stronger. We are much more physical overall at WR.

Pass me some of that there powerful Kool-Aid you be drinking, sir!

It should be an interesting season. I would never bet against Belichick, he's one of the greats. I still say the 2008 season, going 11-5 without Brady, is one of the greatest coaching jobs I've ever seen. AND, they got to the AFCCG in 2006 with a way worse receiving corp and an aging defense, another great coaching job by BB and great job by Brady. I choose to stay optimistic, Hernandez is gone and there's nothing we can do about it, time to move on and try to win with what we have. Another 10+ win season wouldn't shock me, as well as another AFC East Championship wouldn't shock me. BB and Brady have done a lot more with a lot less.

I concur, strengthening and "quickening" our defense will have positive results.. a lot of very athletic and fast younguns on paper sound good, we will see how that translates in the NFL.. add in the experience of Adrian Wilson and that mix should be positive.

Our D backfield also has a year experience, at one point last year early on, the D Backfield had less than 5 years NFL experience..

Speaking of D&C heard bits and pieces of their show this morning, they are convinced that the two gaps in eyebrow hair on AH stand for the second letter of the alphabet B, which they interpret to mean B.. short for bloods of course.

Even though law enforcement and corrections cannot make a link to AH and any organized gang at this time, "dilation and curettage" can in their infinite wisdom and knowledge make this connection...

They are insufferably self righteous.. and after hearing Howard Stern yesterday take off on them, they deserve what they get...

Maybe Ian should have a sticky at the top of this forum for idiotic banter by the mediots in print or by word... would garner a lot of interest.

Pass me some of that there powerful Kool-Aid you be drinking, sir!

My point is that more than in recent years we just don't know what this team is going to look like from a personnel standpoint. Being pessimistic at this very early stage is just nonsense.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back