PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Belichick 7/24 Presser Thread

Re: I wouldn't bet against Belichick

I thought he was Wix Wakler...?:noidea:

With the addition of losing Weklah and Dennard getting in trouble again. This offseason sucked so far. Tebow also...:(

While there is nothing that can compare to the Hernandez story, there have been many other off-seasons with plenty of angst. Why the Tebow mention? He's not being counted on to start and has a non-guaranteed vet minimum contract.

If you omit AH (and yes, I do realize that is a mighty big if), has this off-season really been that bad compared to others?

2003: Attempts to renegotiate a new contract with Lawyer Milloy fail, leading to his being released

2004: David Patten, Damien Woody, Ted Washington and Bobby Hamilton leave as free agents

2005: Charlie Weis leaves to become HC of Notre Dame; Romeo Crennel becomes HC of the Browns; Tedy Bruschi has a stroke; Ty Law becomes a cap casualty and is cut; Roman Phifer and Keith Traylor leave as a free agents; Ted Johnson retires

2006: David Givens, Adam Vinatieri and Willie McGinest depart in free agency, and Deion Branch is traded after holding out for a new contract

2007: Corey Dillon released; Daniel Graham signs with Denver; Tully Banta-Cain signs with SF; Asante Samuel holds out

2008: Thomas Dimitroff becomes GM for Atlanta, Rosevelt Colvin is cut, Nick Kaczur is busted for oxy, Kevin Faulk suspended for weed (which leads to a pass rusher who shall not be named not being completely blocked in week one...)

2009: Rodney Harrison, Troy Brown and Tedy Bruschi retire, Scott Pioli becomes GM of the Chiefs, Josh McDaniels becomes HC of Denver, Mike Vrabel is traded, and then Richard Seymour is traded

2010: Logan Mankins holds out, David Patten retires, Derrick Burgess does not report to camp, and Nick Kaczur can't play due to a bad back

2011: Stephen Neal retires; Ty Warren released; Tully Banta-Cain released; Brandon Meriweather and James Sanders released

2012: The Pats head into TC with possibly only one player returning to the same position on the OL: Brian Waters decided he didn't want to play, Matt Light retired, Sebastian Vollmer had missed most of the previous season with a bad back, Dan Connolly was moving from C to RG, unproven Ryan Wendell was the new center, Nate Solder had no experience at LT, and it looked like Marcus Cannon, who had zero NFL starts, would be the starting RT.

I wouldn't bet against Belichick

While there is nothing that can compare to the Hernandez story, there have been many other off-seasons with plenty of angst. Why the Tebow mention? He's not being counted on to start and has a non-guaranteed vet minimum contract.

If you omit AH (and yes, I do realize that is a mighty big if), has this off-season really been that bad compared to others?

2003: Attempts to renegotiate a new contract with Lawyer Milloy fail, leading to his being released

2004: David Patten, Damien Woody, Ted Washington and Bobby Hamilton leave as free agents

2005: Charlie Weis leaves to become HC of Notre Dame; Romeo Crennel becomes HC of the Browns; Tedy Bruschi has a stroke; Ty Law becomes a cap casualty and is cut; Roman Phifer and Keith Traylor leave as a free agents; Ted Johnson retires

2006: David Givens, Adam Vinatieri and Willie McGinest depart in free agency, and Deion Branch is traded after holding out for a new contract

2007: Corey Dillon released; Daniel Graham signs with Denver; Tully Banta-Cain signs with SF; Asante Samuel holds out

2008: Thomas Dimitroff becomes GM for Atlanta, Rosevelt Colvin is cut, Nick Kaczur is busted for oxy, Kevin Faulk suspended for weed (which leads to a pass rusher who shall not be named not being completely blocked in week one...)

2009: Rodney Harrison, Troy Brown and Tedy Bruschi retire, Scott Pioli becomes GM of the Chiefs, Josh McDaniels becomes HC of Denver, Mike Vrabel is traded, and then Richard Seymour is traded

2010: Logan Mankins holds out, David Patten retires, Derrick Burgess does not report to camp, and Nick Kaczur can't play due to a bad back

2011: Stephen Neal retires; Ty Warren released; Tully Banta-Cain released; Brandon Meriweather and James Sanders released

2012: The Pats head into TC with possibly only one player returning to the same position on the OL: Brian Waters decided he didn't want to play, Matt Light retired, Sebastian Vollmer had missed most of the previous season with a bad back, Dan Connolly was moving from C to RG, unproven Ryan Wendell was the new center, Nate Solder had no experience at LT, and it looked like Marcus Cannon, who had zero NFL starts, would be the starting RT.

This is so true^^^^^^^

This team doesn't look bad one bit. IMO niners are in a worse situation. Kap running around will result in rg3 injuries. Then who plays, Alex smith left them.

All we need is actually some good luck with health and a d to gel and take that step we have been waiting for. we are already one of the top teams then. And as long as the wr produce each game no matter who, we are very good. I just don't see us being worse than 12-4. Honestly. No homerism, just hard for me to see a bad patriots team. We might have one of the better pats teams in pats history. But whatever, won't know until January/February.

I thought he was Wix Wakler...?:noidea:

He goes by both that and Wax Wikler. Other aliases include: Wox Wonka, Whip Whipple, Wekka Wawka, and Dammitcatchthatballandwewinthefreakinsuperbowl.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back