PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Belichick 7/24 Presser Thread

He also provided closure to this situation, so he and the team can move on.. it has been addressed as much as it can be addressed and he did an excellent job.

But of course the mediots who want a pound of flesh + are lining up like vultures..

Couldn't agree more and some of those "medlots" really just don't get it. They don't care about the effects that they have on either the Lloyd family or when it comes to protecting those that have a right to a fair and speedy trial because they clearly can poison the jury pool with their stories due to the media's belief that their 1st Amendment rights should be unencumbered.

Re: The Official Belichick Presser Thread

Very surprised that the state isn't prepared to satisfy probable cause.

They need to get their act together, they're already giving Hernandez grounds for an appeal if he's convicted.

Not surpised at all by the continuance and I expected this. The case is before a Grand Jury and the claims will come out from there. I believe Masssachusetts requires a Grand Jury Indictment in all murder cases. One continuance of a probable cause hearing is not grounds for an appeal. I would be surprised if Hernandez's attorneys don't ask for a continuance once the indictment comes down and the case moves to Superior Court. In any case, Hernandez's right to a speedy trial is not triggered by one short continuance.

Prosecutors hate Probable Cause hearings and they are very rare. It would not surprise me if the Commonwealth gets one more continuance before the Grand Jury come back. Expect Hernandez' attorneys to complain at the next hearing but there is no basis yet to claim the DA has failed to get his act together.

Today's presser was yet another example of the leadership Bill Belichick provides to the operations of the New England Patriots.

He handled the presser with class, dignity and with respect to the Odin Lloyd family and how the Patriots try to do their best to be a "pillar of the community".

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Not surpised at all by the continuance and I expected this. The case is before a Grand Jury and the claims will come out from there. I believe Masssachusetts requires a Grand Jury Indictment in all murder cases. One continuance of a probable cause hearing is not grounds for an appeal. I would be surprised if Hernandez's attorneys don't ask for a continuance once the indictment comes down and the case moves to Superior Court. In any case, Hernandez's right to a speedy trial is not triggered by one short continuance.

Prosecutors hate Probable Cause hearings and they are very rare. It would not surprise me if the Commonwealth gets one more continuance before the Grand Jury come back. Expect Hernandez' attorneys to complain at the next hearing but there is not basis yet to claim the DA failed to get his act together.

It's a low burden to meet, and having an objection on the record pertaining to the right to a speedy trial is an unnecessary thing to have occurs this early in process.

I understand what you're saying but they need to keep this process tight, and limit every possible objection from hitting the record. Hernandez is going to put millions into this case, they're not matching up against a public defender.

Today's presser was yet another example of the leadership Bill Belichick provides to the operations of the New England Patriots.

He handled the presser with class, dignity and with respect to the Odin Lloyd family and how the Patriots try to do their best to be a "pillar of the community".

Well said. I think it was a rare glimpse of what the players and others in the organization are privileged to see on a regular basis. There's a reason the man is a successful leader.

I'm shocked Belichick said anything. I think his comment about being 'advised' made it clear that the organization (Kraft) handed down a request that he address this after all of the media mewling about this.

Look, I get that the guy killed people and that sucks. But the ******* histrionics but media *******s acting like they give a ****, personally, is ******* rich. They used their platforms to try to force the organization to give them what they want - something more than bland cliches.

The Patriots are in no way responsible for Hernandez gunning down 3 people, assuming that happened. So why should they make a statement about it?

If I commit a crime on my free time does my work become responsible for it? No. It's no difference here.

I guess I'm just personally offended because the high and mighty soliloquies by jerk offs with an axe to grind like Borges were so transparent it was nauseating. They don't give a **** about Lloyd they want to write a story about how Belichick feels. It was all acting but the organization gave in and that sucks.

Well done. I never thought he had any obligation to speak on the matter, but in hindsight I'm glad he did. He gave way more than I expected, but is still able to maintain some protection for his players. Again, well done. Even managed to mix in a joke to break the ice during the Q&A :D

The refusal to mention his name really speaks to how Hernandez no longer exists in BB mind.

Today we really saw how meaningful BB relationships with his players are, and how hurt and violated he feels by this Hernandez situation.

I actually felt bad for BB today, you could hear the pain in voice and see the sadness in his face.

The refusal to mention his name really speaks to how Hernandez no longer exists in BB mind.

Today we really saw how meaningful BB relationships with his players are, and how hurt and violated he feels by this Hernandez situation.

I actually felt bad for BB today, you could hear the pain in voice and see the sadness in his face.

Same here - if there is one of many things that you could see today is that BB is human just like all of us and he makes decisions that are in the best interests of the New England Patriots while ensuring that the Kraft family and their business interests along with the love of their franchise does not hurt the people and communities that they are a part of.

Now the Patriots start the work and if there is one thing that I am confident in - it is the fact that the Kraft family and the entire management team will help each member of their roster to come together and overcome odds that no team has experienced in New England since the days of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis.

When the Patriots overcome this issue, they will do it together as a team and as a family.

Here's PFT anti-Belichick spin on it, emphasizing the "move on" angle:

Belichick tries to ?move on? from Hernandez talk | ProFootballTalk

That isn't even Florio. I wonder if Florio has an established anti-Patriots agenda that his employees know is best practice, or if he just attracts fellow douche-bags to work for him who share his inability to form a rational, cogent thought. Maybe a little bit of both.

Like I stated yesterday about BB approachin Mediots in an unBelichickian way and handle Q&A head on instead blowing it off leaving speculations. We ALL KNOW how Mediots can spin anything Pats News but Belichick handled it with Class and answered thoroughly as best as he could. Somethings had to be unsaid due to Legal Ramifications pertaining to AHern.
Now Lets Move On, Gettin Ready For Buffalo!

The highlight for me was:

Steve Buckley: Bill and don't feel like you have to go into too much detail.

BB: I don't think there's any danger of that.

Surprised at BB but I am sure media will still kill him after this.even curran says so

This what I was saying yesterday in our back & forth convo' either way however Mediots want to spin it what else is new. Belichick handled it exactly how I thought and how he should have with Class as much as he could have without tampering with ramificatiions of legalities.

BB gave a great press conference and a pretty moving statement, at least to those of us who are aware of how these press conferences usually go. I don't care if the media is pleased or not and I doubt BB does either. The media is just a bunch of noise as far as I'm concerned.

BB gave a great press conference and a pretty moving statement, at least to those of us who are aware of how these press conferences usually go. I don't care if the media is pleased or not and I doubt BB does either. The media is just a bunch of noise as far as I'm concerned.

EXACTLY! Well said! Belichick did a 360 & gave'm one finger salute to Mediots thinkin he'd clam up, one word answers sour **** usual podium blah blah! Let Mediots think, print, say all they want, they will anyway. Bill came out and faced everyone kudos to him.

Don't know why, but i have the feeling this press conference(along with one behind closed doors in front of players) will bring the team closer then ever (2003-4 level maybe ).

All of a sudden i feel better about this coming season ... maybe I'm just too gullible :rolleyes: ...

You know Belichick handled the press conference well when Albert Breer has something positive to say about him:

Give Belichick credit ... Handled that well. Tone was of someone affected by the events of the last six weeks.

Funny how guys like Breer don't hold themselves to the same standards ... how is he and how are his "colleagues" acting like people "affected by the events of the last six weeks."

On second thought, it's not so funny

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back