PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: McDaniels will join Pats (Updated: Now Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great move all around, BOB will remain OC, Josh goes to the booth talks into BOB's ear and is ready to hit the ground running as the OC next year.

You see Eric, if you are not a back stabbing a-hole, once you fall on your face, your old freinds are there to help you get back up again.

I'm sure that other NFL teams are going to cry foul or ask the Rams why they let this happen. I bet Polian is calling Godell, oh wait, nevermind........

no...continue...you bet Polian is calling Goodell...keep going...I'm betting he is too...just because he's not with the Colts doesn't mean he isn't do everything in his power to continue his life long obsession with attacking the Patriots and BB

Neither did I. This is the first time that I've seen anything like this on any level in sports. The guy was just on one of the absolute worst teams in the NFL a week ago. Now, he's going to be coaching on the year's best offenses with a HOF coach and QB in the playoffs. That's just a ridiculous turn of events in one person's life.

2011/12 REDEMPTION for The-Game-Which-Can-Never-Be-Mentioned!

This is great news if it pans out...it's not often that you hear bad news about a team and then less than 24 hours later it turns out to be at worst neutral news (a swap of equals) and probably better than that.

Regarding Mangini, I agree with others who have noticed from his ESPN "lectures" how smart he is, how well he understands defense, and how he is always complimentary of BB and the Pats. I think he must truly feel sorry about the way things worked out with BB and he has publicly expressed regret re: his role in Spygate. Given that his stock as a HC candidate is basically worthless at this point, and given that our defense is in a sorry state, and given that we don't have a DC, is there anyone who really wouldn't like to see him also rejoin the staff next year if BB were convinced he had learned his lesson from the way he left before?

Here's another level of positive from this happening immediately:
-------------------------------------------------------------

The Rams played Baltimore, GB, NO, and SF (twice) this year. McDaniels brings some recent sideline insight about playing those defenses.

Obviously, his O stunk against those teams, but changing from a Yugo to a Corvette helps.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. I have to think there will be some sort of arrangement where only one is on the sideline. And I'm thinking it's BOB ... not a whole lot of this year's offensive players played with Josh.

Also ... I'm going to go out on a limb and say this must be the first time a team has ever added a coordinator who recently ran a record-setting offense to its staff between the regular season and playoffs. hard to imagine it's happened before.

It is also likely the first time a #1 seed hired the fired OC of the worst offense in the NFL between the regular season and playoffs.
Not a slam on McD just poiniting out the irony.

This is great news if it pans out...it's not often that you hear bad news about a team and then less than 24 hours later it turns out to be at worst neutral news (a swap of equals) and probably better than that.

Regarding Mangini, I agree with others who have noticed from his ESPN "lectures" how smart he is, how well he understands defense, and how he is always complimentary of BB and the Pats. I think he must truly feel sorry about the way things worked out with BB and he has publicly expressed regret re: his role in Spygate. Given that his stock as a HC candidate is basically worthless at this point, and given that our defense is in a sorry state, and given that we don't have a DC, is there anyone who really wouldn't like to see him also rejoin the staff next year if BB were convinced he had learned his lesson from the way he left before?

Yes, Mangini had the misfortune of having the 2005 defense, he did such a horrible job that I can't see it happening. [Scary fact: for the first month and a half or so, every time a team got into the red zone against Mangini's D, they scored a touchdown.]

I was just coming to post this. They're saying he will join as an assistant coach and he will be with the team during the playoff run. That's pretty intriguing.

Remember one thing: The Rams faced the Steelers,Ravens and Saints this season, even they loss with those teams McD has some info that is critical in playoff games.

Sorry for any grammatical failure, I'm learning english every single day :rocker:

I am VERY happy with this news. It's a win/win for all concerned, and if it later on brings in Brandon L., well, so much the better. :D

The only thing that might make me as happy would be to see the Mile-High Tebows up end the Squeelers. :cool:

Welcome to the board, Jaime!

Remember one thing: The Rams faced the Steelers,Ravens and Saints this season, even they loss with those teams McD has some info that is critical in playoff games.

Sorry for any grammatical failure, I'm learning english every single day :rocker:

welcome aboard Jaime...and remember
..the most important phrase to learn in English is this "The Jets Suck"...make sure you tell all your friends down there in sunny Argentina, especially if they run across any gringo touristas wearing green baseball caps....

wellcome back Josh !

I am VERY happy with this news. It's a win/win for all concerned, and if it later on brings in Brandon L., well, so much the better. :D

The only thing that might make me as happy would be to see the Mile-High Tebows up end the Squeelers. :cool:

Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen, unless Tebow has suddenly discovered how to throw an accurate football since last week.

I expect to see Brandon Lloyd signed once FA opens, and honestly, I am glad to have him back.

Welcome Jaime! Great post.

wellcome ! great post too

Welcome, dude! Nice to see a fellow south-american here on the board!

Is there a buzz around this team?

Yes I think there is.

Very cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back