PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: McDaniels will join Pats (Updated: Now Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, Schefter is also reporting that the Chiefs are expected to remove the "Interim" tag from Romeo, so congrats to him....

that's fantastic good luck to him!!

Remember one thing: The Rams faced the Steelers,Ravens and Saints this season, even they loss with those teams McD has some info that is critical in playoff games.

Sorry for any grammatical failure, I'm learning english every single day :rocker:

Welcome to the board, no need to apologize, your english is better than half of us cretins that live up here :D

Good points. Chemistry amongst coaches is just as important.

I do think BB will be sensitive to the fact that guys like Chad O'Shea and Brian Ferentz have been involved all year and to throw JMcD into the mix during the playoffs might disrupt things. JMcD strikes me as a respectful guy who won't throw his weight around and do whatever BB wants him to do.

I don't know what the dynamic is between BOB and JMcD but I think with BB overseeing things it'll be fine. If BOB were not leaving for another gig I'd be a bit more concerned....

JMcD may show up on the sideline, but it'll be in an advisory capacity if anything. Might see him in the booth so not to give off the impression as the new guy mucking up the works. He'll obviously have some input into the gameplan and do some scouting too.
Have him hang out with Ernie!

Remember one thing: The Rams faced the Steelers,Ravens and Saints this season, even they loss with those teams McD has some info that is critical in playoff games.

Sorry for any grammatical failure, I'm learning english every single day :rocker:

Welcome aboard, Jaime. You're doing great!

:welcome:

This is very unusual. STL didn't just let Josh walk. They gave KC and NE permission to talk to him. Suddenly, he's a Patriot. I wonder if there is another shoe to drop. Maybe there is a handshake agreement on a trade that sends their josh-fawning receiver to NE for picks/personnel after a sign and trade?

Oh my goodness... They must have twisted his arm... :D

What McDaniels just did is like leaving Facebook to start-up pets.com but then realizing it was a horrible idea and rejoining Facebook exactly 7 days before the IPO.

Amazing news!!! I don't want Tom Brady to have to conform to a new Coordinator w/ a different style.

Do you really think that this would be a possibility? Wouldn't any new OC have to conform to Tom?

Anyone else picturing Mangini's face as he learns that one of the prodigal sons is being brought back home?

I've said this elsewhere - Mangini is the one who could add most to this team I feel. The rat b*stard. He's a superb d/back coach and I think he could really help the likes of Arrington and especially Messrs McCourty and Chung.

Agreed about Lloyd too - he was born to play receiver for us. His skillset is a perfect fit.

Can't you guys see a conversation between Josh and BB going something like this on the phone.

BB- "Hey Josh its BB"

Josh - "Hey BB"

BB- " I told you so..."

Josh - "You were right (embarrassed look)"

BB - "Come back and learn a little more from me and win me a superbowl"

This team really gives you something to be excited about, even during a bye week.

I have a feeling Josh plays a bigger role than you think. Why the hell else would this have happened so lightening fast?

Anyone else picturing Mangini's face as he learns that one of the prodigal sons is being brought back home?

One of the first things that crossed my mind...:p

Not insignificant is that Josh faced the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Saints, Packers and SF this year. Surely he will bring his game face.

This is one of the best points to be raised in this thread. We're not just bringing in a guy who knows a lot of our players and the system - we're bringing in a guy who knows a number of our possible postseason opponents.

no...continue...you bet Polian is calling Goodell...keep going...I'm betting he is too...just because he's not with the Colts doesn't mean he isn't do everything in his power to continue his life long obsession with attacking the Patriots and BB

A) There's nothing they can do, teams are allowed to hire coaches once given permission - period.
B) When's the last time Polian did anything remotely anti-Patriots? It's been forever and even then when he did it there was a rationale behind it - the Colts and Pats were in a heated conference rivalry. The only obsession is the one this board has with the guy.

Imagine what mcdaniels will do with these TEs? Also, do you think that he could "revive" ocho's time here in the playoffs?

Imagine what mcdaniels will do with these TEs? Also, do you think that he could "revive" ocho's time here in the playoffs?

He did nothing with the TE's first time around. The offensive style we have is different to the one he left, there should be very few, if any, changes.

He did nothing with the TE's first time around. The offensive style we have is different to the one he left, there should be very few, if any, changes.

Remind me again, who were the TE's the Patriots had when McDaniels was the OC? Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft