PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching News / Interview Tracker / NFL Tracker [Quick Updates]

A LOT OF YOUTH on the coaching staff...

Also, is it a sure thing that Troy Brown is out? If Underwood is hired as Asst. WR, then who is WR coach?
I'd love it if O'Shea came back to do WR & Pass Game Coord. or something.

But, we're also tracking to have a massive coaching staff - Mayo may find that BB's knack for smaller staffs made things easier overall.

But, we're also tracking to have a massive coaching staff - Mayo may find that BB's knack for smaller staffs made things easier overall.
Are we?

Personally, I would like the staff to be much larger than under Bill.

However, I see no evidence of that yet.

Which positions are new? I know that McAdoo is an advisor, much as Judge was last year.

Also, is it a sure thing that Troy Brown is out? If Underwood is hired as Asst. WR, then who is WR coach?

BB liked a smaller staff because his fingers where everywhere on the team; Mayo is probably better off delegating the work to alot of people.

Bill's smaller staff really made things easier last year...to go 4-13. I think taking the Costanza approach from last year makes sense....whatever we did last year...do the opposite this year

1707761888084.jpeg1707761906607.jpeg

BB liked a smaller staff because his fingers where everywhere on the team; Mayo is probably better off delegating the work to alot of people.
In addition, a larger staff provides more oversight and more provision for the developing future position coaches.

Maybe we need a passing game coordinator and running game coordinator. I'm not sure that we'll end up with more coaches than last year, Nothing so far indicates that this would be the case.

Also, I separate the GM and back office organization from the coaching staff. We clearly need more back office help than Belichick had. But we also need more assistants.

O'Shea is already WR coach and passing game coordinator, so that would be a lateral move which the Browns could block. Also, I think Troy Brown stays. Still need a RB and TE coach. Blount would be an interesting choice but he really doesn't have the experience.

◉ Update: 1/31/2024: Patriots to hire Jeremy Springer as Special Teams Coordinator

jerry-springer-show.gif

O'Shea is already WR coach and passing game coordinator, so that would be a lateral move which the Browns could block. Also, I think Troy Brown stays. Still need a RB and TE coach. Blount would be an interesting choice but he really doesn't have the experience.
I don’t know if Brown is a good or decent coach but he was a clutch player.
This late in the process I would guess he sticks here.
However it is interesting that he was at the senior bowl with NFL gear and not Patriot gear,

The Patriots get a coach and then lose a coach..it seems to be a trend. It will be an interesting '24-25 season, trying to win more than losing. Would you bet your house on more wins, .500% + using Mac Jones as the Starting QB?

The Jets. He’s going to need to be cleaned up a bit, deprogrammed…all that.

edit: was a WR in college. Hmm….

Embree, 35, is a young assistant coach with NFL experience and ties to the West Coach offensive system.

In 2017, Embree got back to his roots on offense, joining Kyle Shanahan’s 49ers staff as an offensive quality control coach. He stayed on Shanahan’s staff for three seasons before becoming the tight ends coach for the University of Colorado.

So wr coach unless it’s Brown, TE coach and some other lower rung coaching hires?

Pats tracker
Hiring Tiquan Underwood as wr coach
Hiring Taylor Embree as rb coach
and in a move that surprises no one, Pats announce TE Coach Will Lawing will head to BC, to join Bill Obriens staff

sorry for the lateness of the updates... still haven't gone thru and parsed the NFL related stuff, will get to that today, and update that tracker this evening, if necessary...

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back