PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots Need to start Hiring Coaches at this point...

It's non of my business that you are fine with it but I'm not, for the record. Let's move on and not get this thread locked.
I never shared my opinion on the subject, only noted that your ****hole-o-meter is 100% powered by your political views. Agreed though that it’s best to move on.

Because you don’t have the money to move to another state with inferior education and healthcare and (likely) a higher crime rate, you have decided to continue to live in the state with the second highest cost of living in the nation? Interesting strategy.

As for Massachusetts and Boston trending down, you may want to reassess your sources….

The weather here is really ****ty, I’ll give you that.
Just one more post big Vince about the states with biggest loss in population: (forbes magazine but I could find a better source if I did more research)

5. Massachusetts

Several publications list retirement and work motives as the reasons behind Massachusetts’ population decline. The state realized a net loss of 15,489 households last year. Recent history shows strong GDP growth and a robust economy. Yet, similar to its neighboring states, the recent push towards remote work allows families to leave high-density population areas and choose more suburban lifestyles beyond the state’s borders.

I never shared my opinion on the subject, only noted that your ****hole-o-meter is 100% powered by your political views.
I'm a liberal turned libertarian after certain people ruined this country so it wasn't THAT long ago.
You didn't see that coming. Just because over 65% of residents are blue doesn't mean I can't have a mind and eyes to see of my own.

Agreed the traffic is ****ty as well. But I hear people say this all the time.. however Massachusetts, most namely my home city Boston is overpopulated for a reason. Jobs, colleges and hospitals are why people are here. People want to be here!
When I visit Connecticut and hear all the complaining, I really wonder about people's sense of reality. People are leaving in droves, they say. I drive around Westport and I'm in gridlock. I always tell my brother, "People aren't moving out of here fast enough."

He moved to Westport after 20 years in Manhattan for his kid's schooling, and he was so happy he was 1 mile away from the train station to work. That one mile is a 30 minute drive on the morning commute.

Last edited:
I'm a liberal turned libertarian after certain people ruined this country so it wasn't THAT long ago.
You didn't see that coming. Just because over 65% of residents are blue doesn't mean I can't have a mind and eyes to see of my own.
Best economy in the world currently, but yeah the country is surely “ruined.” Glad you’re able to see things so clearly lol.

When I visit Connecticut and hear all the complaining, I really wonder about people's sense of reality. People are leaving in droves, they say. I drive around Westport and I'm in gridlock. I always tell my brother, "People aren't moving out of here fast enough."

He moved to Westport after 20 years in Manhattan for his kid's schooling, and he was so happy he was 1 miles away from the train station to work. That one mile is a 30 minute drive on the morning commute.
Thanks for sharing that. I like hearing about folks and where they live in the NE area. Just to think the patriots almost moved to Connecticut. Manhattan wow! , well in Boston for sure we are city of pedestrians so it's gridlock everywhere. Mayor Wu shuts down some neighborhoods sometimes to have community day where no cars are allowed. What I would live is to have shutdown day where there is no traffic like during the pandemic lol

Best economy in the world currently, but yeah the country is surely “ruined.” Glad you’re able to see things so clearly lol.
What is the national debt? Oh yeah, that doesn't matter because the price of everything just goes up.

And don't forget the billions of $ they printed in 2020. Someone has to pay for it. There are more people in poverty than ever. Like I said, it's nice if you're well off. You don't see what most see.

Edit' Just drop it already. This debate can go on for another "fill in the blank" and I'll never get that time back.

Thanks for sharing that. I like hearing about folks and where they live in the NE area. Just to think the patriots almost moved to Connecticut. Manhattan wow! , well in Boston for sure we are city of pedestrians so it's gridlock everywhere. Mayor Wu shuts down some neighborhoods sometimes to have community day where no cars are allowed. What I would live is to have shutdown day where there is no traffic like during the pandemic lol
The thing about many congested places in New England, especially along the coast, is that the towns are old colonial towns, not built for cars. There's very little they can do to improve infrastructure. They are more like European towns/burbs/cities where people rely on mass transport for movement. You look at some of these coastal towns and there is absolutely no straight way through because of the coast. Think of driving up through Marblehead, Gloucester, Salem, Newburyport, etc. Rhode Island is even worse. You look across a bay and it feels like if you threw a rock across the water, it might land on the opposite bank, but if you want to drive there, it's 45 minutes.

The report was Bill wanted Caley to be acting OC without the title or pay increase.
I thought we are interviewing Detroit’s Passing game coordinaor, and niners tight end.

I mean that’s almost a slap in the face. Don’t blame him for taking a lateral to LA. Patriots had the money to pay him. Instead we go with Patricia/judge because they are free!

Honestly haven’t followed who we are interviewing. Apparently the job isn’t attractive to most candidates per the media and I don’t blame them.

No QB, mediocre weapons….its not a 1 year turnaround

What is the national debt? Oh yeah, that doesn't matter because the price of everything just goes up.

And don't forget the billions of $ they printed in 2020. Someone has to pay for it. There are more people in poverty than ever. Like I said, it's nice if you're well off. You don't see what most see.

Edit' Just drop it already. This debate can go on for another "fill in the blank" and I'll never get that time back.
National debt is still at 125% debt to GDP, it's not bad compared to the rest of the world. AND right now we actually have reduced the budget deficit which is cutting into the debt/GDP ratio.

Here's something that is going to create a lot of anger in the next 2 months: the huge tax cuts of 2017 that reduced taxes for the wealthy and drastically added to the national debt came with a sunshine clause. Middle class taxes would rise for the 2024 filing season. That's now.

The middle class in these next 3 months is going to pay dearly for the huge tax cuts for the wealthy enacted in 2017. DO NOT EXPECT A REFUND THIS YEAR.

I like what the Commanders are doing with their new ownership. Bringing in Peters as gm from San Fran and Ben Johnson as head coach from the lions. Clean sweep.

I hope new OC can evolve this offense into the modern NFL. I like Daniels as the future. He has LJ potential with the right OC and qb coach. No qb in AFC east like him

National debt is still at 125% debt to GDP, it's not bad compared to the rest of the world. AND right now we actually have reduced the budget deficit which is cutting into the debt/GDP ratio.

Here's something that is going to create a lot of anger in the next 2 months: the huge tax cuts of 2017 that reduced taxes for the wealthy and drastically added to the national debt came with a sunshine clause. Middle class taxes would rise for the 2024 filing season. That's now.

The middle class in these next 3 months is going to pay dearly for the huge tax cuts for the wealthy enacted in 2017. DO NOT EXPECT A REFUND THIS YEAR.
Yeah, that's why they keep passing CR bills

Yeah, that's why they keep passing CR bills
Those bills will always be passed no matter the future because they are based on an arbitrary number we will always meet. But no matter what you say, the budget deficit has been reduced.

It seems like you're confusing the national debt with the budget deficit. These are 2 very different things.

You have *no* idea what I do or don’t see. As it happens, I live part time in West Virginia so I see plenty of poverty up close — which brings us back to you labeling MA a ****hole. If you really believe that you ought to get out more and see what a real ****hole state looks like.

Those bills will always be passed no matter the future because they are based on an arbitrary number we will always meet. But no matter what you say, the budget deficit has been reduced.

It seems like you're confusing the national debt with the budget deficit. These are 2 very different things.
The purpose of the CR is to pass a budget to keep the govt working but also to cut down the national debt, or at least that's what one of the parties makes one think they are trying to do. Two different things yet two of the same.
Just let it go. It's a debate that can't get anywhere in DC, never mind on a football forum.
I know I opened my mouth first but to quote Beast Mode: "I'm just here for the new OC discussion." Nick Caley is fine by me.

You're spot on. Massachusetts being one of the or
The thing about many congested places in New England, especially along the coast, is that the towns are old colonial towns, not built for cars. There's very little they can do to improve infrastructure. They are more like European towns/burbs/cities where people rely on mass transport for movement. You look at some of these coastal towns and there is absolutely no straight way through because of the coast. Think of driving up through Marblehead, Gloucester, Salem, Newburyport, etc. Rhode Island is even worse. You look across a bay and it feels like if you threw a rock across the water, it might land on the opposite bank, but if you want to drive there, it's 45 minutes.
Absolutely agreed Massachusetts being one of the original 13 colonies the roads designed for cattle paths and horses. Not for vehicles. It's amazing how that works out huh, throwing a rock and then taking 45 minutes to get to the same place. Lol..

You have *no* idea what I do or don’t see. As it happens, I live part time in West Virginia so I see plenty of poverty up close — which brings us back to you labeling MA a ****hole. If you really believe that you ought to get out more and see what a real ****hole state looks like.
I know plenty of poverty. I've lived it and I've seen it up close for over 20 years working in Roxbury/Boston area and lived in Brockton as well. Drove by methadone mile every day for those 20+ years. IT. GOT. WORSE.
And yes, Mass is on a steep decline. I see it no other way. It certainly is not getting better no matter how many pretty buildings they put up.
People are leaving the state to go to NH or elsewhere. I know dozens who have left for financial reasons. It's bad. Too bad some can't see the reality.

Edit: go ahead and have the last word. This is pointless and I apologize to the rest of the community who had to read through the dozen BS posts unrelated to the subject at hand.

I know plenty of poverty. I've lived it and I've seen it up close for over 20 years working in Roxbury/Boston area and lived in Brockton as well. Drove by methadone mile every day for those 20+ years. IT. GOT. WORSE.
And yes, Mass is on a steep decline. I see it no other way. It certainly is not getting better no matter how many pretty buildings they put up.
People are leaving the state to go to NH or elsewhere. I know dozens who have left for financial reasons. It's bad. Too bad some can't see the reality.
You know what they say about opinions!

You know what they say about opinions!
I may be an ******* but my take on opinions is this:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I respect that. As long as that opinion is theirs and not someone else's.

Just one more post big Vince about the states with biggest loss in population: (forbes magazine but I could find a better source if I did more research)

5. Massachusetts

Several publications list retirement and work motives as the reasons behind Massachusetts’ population decline. The state realized a net loss of 15,489 households last year. Recent history shows strong GDP growth and a robust economy. Yet, similar to its neighboring states, the recent push towards remote work allows families to leave high-density population areas and choose more suburban lifestyles beyond the state’s borders.
Rules violation

This is a fact free board

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3