PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is It Time For Mayo To Be Our Head Coach Or To Move On

Looks Top 7 from those stats. Seemed to be even better in the last half of the year.
Plus, we need to understand that they were required to be on the field for a long time each game.

Given that they played without their top two players, they did very well indeed. They got good play fro guys like Wilson, Bryant and Austin.

If Mayo is the next head coach it will be a huge mistake. I think this team needs a clean break from anything Bill. Time to bring in people with a new vision towards the future. Vrabel and Mayo are just more of the same in the BB mold.

If Mayo is the next head coach it will be a huge mistake. I think this team needs a clean break from anything Bill. Time to bring in people with a new vision towards the future. Vrabel and Mayo are just more of the same in the BB mold.
Although I'd like to think that Vrabel as HC and Mayo as DC could work, I can't disagree with your assessment. Perhaps a complete tear-down is what's needed. I guess we'll find out.

Mayo Please Move On, but I wish you luck
Some guys knowledgeable or not, do not make good head coaches

Mayo has never impressed me speaking And he does not appear to have a leaders personality

Look at Josh McDaniels, real good OC, but he lost the respect of the team in Denver & Vegas. He does not have what it takes to be a head coach

Well, at least you gave him a fair chance. Because nothing says “ terrible head coach” like never even holding a practice as one. But at least you were willing to give him 3 weeks to turn this ship around and show some real progress. But what have seen? Absolutely nothing. Terrible hire.

Oops, my mistake. Your post was from 1/10. But my point still stands. Mayo has done nothing to deserve to keep his job, we haven’t seen any improvement in this team.

“We`re not in Wonderland anymore, Alice.”
― Charles Manson

Well, at least you gave him a fair chance. Because nothing says “ terrible head coach” like never even holding a practice as one. But at least you were willing to give him 3 weeks to turn this ship around and show some real progress. But what have seen? Absolutely nothing. Terrible hire.

Oops, my mistake. Your post was from 1/10. But my point still stands. Mayo has done nothing to deserve to keep his job, we haven’t seen any improvement in this team.

I don’t like the hire, but it looks like Kraft
Decided not to open his wallet until free agency.

Great….. A poor free agent class & we have a ton of money to spend

I would actually prefer Kraft went cheap on free agents & tried to get a head coach who would not bring back the Belichick coaching tree

Too be honest, I would probably be much more open to Mayo if he came from outside so we could clean house of Bill’s disciples

I don’t like the hire, but it looks like Kraft
Decided not to open his wallet until free agency.

Great….. A poor free agent class & we have a ton of money to spend

I would actually prefer Kraft went cheap on free agents & tried to get a head coach who would not bring back the Belichick coaching tree

Too be honest, I would probably be much more open to Mayo if he came from outside so we could clean house of Bill’s disciples
Bill's disciples aren't the problem. We have good coaches on the staff. The problem is this team lacks talent. You can only juice an orange so much.

Bill's disciples aren't the problem. We have good coaches on the staff. The problem is this team lacks talent. You can only juice an orange so much.
Troy Brown worked wonders with those receivers

You need to be more than a nice guy to be a good coach. Many nice guys have failed
& Troy has done very little with our receivers to retain his job on merit

You happy with Thorntons development?

Troy Brown worked wonders with those receivers

You need to be more than a nice guy to be a good coach. Many nice guys have failed
& Troy has done very little with our receivers to retain his job on merit

You happy with Thorntons development?
Fun position to nit pick but it's hard to separate talent from coaching. Our WR depth chart is a catastrophe and I don't blame Troy for that. Thornton likely just sucks. He clearly isn't big enough to be used on a regular basis and also seems to lack smarts. Parker is a #3/#4. Bourne and Douglas did just fine.

Again, you can only get so much juice out of an orange.

Fun position to nit pick but it's hard to separate talent from coaching. Our WR depth chart is a catastrophe and I don't blame Troy for that. Thornton likely just sucks. He clearly isn't big enough to be used on a regular basis and also seems to lack smarts. Parker is a #3/#4. Bourne and Douglas did just fine.

Again, you can only get so much juice out of an orange.

Troy has done nothing to improve our receivers and saying he has underperformed needs to be said

Having him back another year is probably as much Kraft as Mayo

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back