PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If it’s Jerod Mayo is the successor then just bring bill back

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Look Mayo may be a good coach but he won’t be the right fit here … the team needs a full reboot from uniforms to philosophy to coaches and players..it’s a long road ahead no super now for long time coming soon …u need a offensive minded coach for a new future.. but if it’s going to be Mayo just bring bill back and finish his contract out the man is 72 years old unfortunately the game has passed him by I don’t want Mayo to be a plug and play

Look Mayo may be a good coach but he won’t be the right fit here … the team needs a full reboot from uniforms to philosophy to coaches and players..it’s a long road ahead no super now for long time coming soon …u need a offensive minded coach for a new future.. but if it’s going to be Mayo just bring bill back and finish his contract out the man is 72 years old unfortunately the game has passed him by I don’t want Mayo to be a plug and play
Bill's coaching isn't the problem. Just give us a moderately competent QB. If you want to criticize him for that, okay. Bring in a vet and draft a rookie. If I thought Jimmy G could play anymore, I would want him, but he has bad wheels and may be getting a little gun shy, my son said, we could have won with Andy Dalton this year. I agree.

Bill's coaching isn't the problem. Just give us a moderately competent QB. If you want to criticize him for that, okay. Bring in a vet and draft a rookie. If I thought Jimmy G could play anymore, I would want him, but he has bad wheels and may be getting a little gun shy, my son said, we could have won with Andy Dalton this year. I agree.
No his coaching is objectively a problem this year. The team simply isn't well coached, they get too many penalties, they blow assigments, special teams which is his baby is trash. People keep trying to say "oh the Bill the GM is failing Bill the coach". Bill the coach hasn't been anything special in awhile.

And no, one QB change isn't making this a good team. Anybody who thinks that is still desperately coping for a quick fix on a team that has foundational issues at this point in time and thinks we can flip a switch and go back to glory days.

Andy Dalton routinely had MUCH better teams than this one. He wasn't winning here. It's a cope

Never mix day drinking and thread title writing...

Drunk That 70S Show GIF by Peacock

No his coaching is objectively a problem this year. The team simply isn't well coached, they get too many penalties, they blow assigments, special teams which is his baby is trash. People keep trying to say "oh the Bill the GM is failing Bill the coach". Bill the coach hasn't been anything special in awhile.

And no, one QB change isn't making this a good team. Anybody who thinks that is still desperately coping for a quick fix on a team that has foundational issues at this point in time and thinks we can flip a switch and go back to glory days.

Andy Dalton routinely had MUCH better teams than this one. He wasn't winning here. It's a cope
Bill the coach has finally dipped off over the last two seasons, IMO.

I love and appreciate him but Bill’s gotta go. This is a poorly coached team all around right now. Say all you want about the talent and mac but They literally FIND ways to lose games. Turnovers, penalties, special teams, situational handling, its all bad thats why the team is 2-9 and that starts with HC.

Leaving patricia and judge in charge of offense for a year. The way he handled mac’s return from the ankle and the Chicago game last year, the qb platooning again against the giants. Professional football teams don’t go into games saying lets let him play a couple quarters and switch to the other guy. I was of the crowd remaining pretty confident in bb at the end of the 21 season and where we were headed but Everything’s been a mess since the start of last year.

No guarantees on Mayo. If Mike Vrabel leaves Tennessee and doesn't coach Ohio State, Kraft will make him an offer he shouldn't refuse. He already put Vrabel in the Patriots hall of Fame.

Belichick benched Mac four times this year. That is bad coaching. Either leave him in or bench him.

But there has also be a lot of bad coaching this year by Belichick. That fake wildcat where they burned a time out which might have helped win the game last week was an example of bad coaching. He has become far too conservative now too where the league is trending to be more aggressive and taking more risks.

To put all the blame on Mac Jones is not realistic. This is a poorly coached team where players make too many mistakes and there are too sloppy of play (can't tackle on defense, poor route running on offense). That is on Belichick. This would be a bad team even with Brady at his prime. It would just be a much better bad team.

No guarantees on Mayo. If Mike Vrabel leaves Tennessee and doesn't coach Ohio State, Kraft will make him an offer he shouldn't refuse. He already put Vrabel in the Patriots hall of Fame.
I don't get why people think Vrabel here is any better than the guy who couldn't get over the hump on the Titans.

I feel like we'll be in a coaching desert if we jettison BB, but something is definitely off.

I truly have no ****ing idea what we should do...

I don't know if Mayo would be just as bad as Belichick. It would definitely depend on whether he would be willing to get an innovative OC and let him run the offense the way he wanted. If he just takes Belichick's philosophy on offense, this team is likely never going to be a contender under him.

People tend to underestimate how important a competent QB can be.

The team has to feel they have very little chance back there because Mac is their QB.

Yes, the whole team makes mistakes, but when you give a man some hope, just a little sliver of hope, things will change quite a bit.

The players on this O-line are every bit as good as the guys who were here in Mac's 1st year or in Cam Newton's year. If they are playing poorly, it's not because we swapped out Isaiah Wynn for Sidy Sow.

This same team with a competent QB would be competing for the playoffs right (assuming everyone was healthy).

I acknowledge they don't have a #1 WR. But getting a competent QB, a good coach, and a #1 WR, are the 3 hardest things in football (followed by a shutdown CB).

2021 was the only good year he's coached since Brady IMO.

Mayo is in a weird position. He dropped a HC interview to come back to the Pats without a title (sharing responsibilities with Steve) and now the rumor is running rampant that Bill is on the hot seat. If Bill is let go, I would hope for Mayo's sake that Kraft keeps him and promotes him officially to DC. Carroll kept Scarrnechia from Parcells staff, but coached special teams from 1997-1998 and back to OL in 1999. It would turn out to be an idiotic business decision by Mayo if he ends up not staying with the Pats and has a lateral move coaching LB's somewhere else in the league.

With that said, the Pats need a reset in front office, coaches, uniforms and how they interact with fans (they've always been behind on the times).

Mac Jones loser stench has permeated all aspects of this team.

It does not matter how few points the defense gives up because the offense is pathetic. Find a decent capable NFL caliber QB and this team can win again. Its appearing more and more that Kraft wanted Corky thumbsucker Jones.

People tend to underestimate how important a competent QB can be.

The team has to feel they have very little chance back there because Mac is their QB.

Yes, the whole team makes mistakes, but when you give a man some hope, just a little sliver of hope, things will change quite a bit.

The players on this O-line are every bit as good as the guys who were here in Mac's 1st year or in Cam Newton's year. If they are playing poorly, it's not because we swapped out Isaiah Wynn for Sidy Sow.

This same team with a competent QB would be competing for the playoffs right (assuming everyone was healthy).

I acknowledge they don't have a #1 WR. But getting a competent QB, a good coach, and a #1 WR, are the 3 hardest things in football (followed by a shutdown CB).
Exactly right.

The QB needs to be a man too with balls to lead when the going gets rough. Not a crybaby taking team business outside the building.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back