PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Mankins, Patriots agree to six-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
great to see the extension. when there was a possibility that mankins would leave i started hearing from clayton how mankins is the best guard in the league. now that mankins is staying i bet you won't hear clayton singing his praises anymore. think asante. espn, what a joke.

Why do you watch Clayton, the Steelers shill?

It's mentioned somewhere in this thread!

I think its 6yrs, $48million ($21mill grtd)

That was just a guess though, right? I don#t think we have any official numbers yet.

Do we have any contract numbers yet?

No. Evan Silva who I think is a fantasy or draft guy guesstimated what he thought it might be based on Jhari Evans deal and people didn't read his tweet as a guess...

Last edited:
Must be more than Davin Joseph's 7 years/$53 million contract.

Brilliant news.

Mankins is the best in his position in the whole league.

MANKINS!!!!!!!!! I think that is all that needs to be said.

I am not one to have "favorite" players, but this guy is an exception. He made an impression on me right when he got here the day after getting drafted. A reporter asked to describe his blocking style and Logan said, "Blocking style?, I just push people 'till they fall down."

My type of football player!!

Seems like an eminently reasonable deal to me?

Good contract...

Does anyone remember what the Patriots' rumored offer was at this time last year?

A lot less than that. Mankins is getting better than Jahri Evans money I believe. That averages out to over 8.5m per year assuming he makes his yearly workout bonuses. Mankins is definitely getting paid as the top guard in the game. No complaints can be made about the compensation. But he's very important to our OL, a cornerstone guy, so I'm glad to see him locked up for the next 6 years.

A lot less than that. Mankins is getting better than Jahri Evans money I believe. That averages out to over 8.5m per year assuming he makes his yearly workout bonuses. Mankins is definitely getting paid as the top guard in the game. No complaints can be made about the compensation. But he's very important to our OL, a cornerstone guy, so I'm glad to see him locked up for the next 6 years.

I realize that. What I'm curious about is how the original offer compares to his total take over the 7 years including the the $1.5 mil he got in 2010.

Based on my math, his cap number goes down from a little over $10 million to about $4.8 million.

Mighty suspicious. According to Miguel's numbers, that could put us as much as $15 Million under the cap.

I'm mixed on this...ambivalent if you will.

I was really hoping they'd trade his greedy self to Dallas for a #1. Also I don't see how he deserves top interior lineman in the league money, when he got abused by the NY Giants...kind of the biggest game of his life and he WHIFFED. Thanks for that Logan...broke my heart that night. Seems like they could have gotten him cheaper.

But it is what it is. I guess Light won't play RG this year like I thought he would. Maybe left guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News