PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Mankins, Patriots agree to six-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mixed on this...ambivalent if you will.

I was really hoping they'd trade his greedy self to Dallas for a #1. Also I don't see how he deserves top interior lineman in the league money, when he got abused by the NY Giants...kind of the biggest game of his life and he WHIFFED. Thanks for that Logan...broke my heart that night. Seems like they could have gotten him cheaper.

But it is what it is. I guess Light won't play RG this year like I thought he would. Maybe left guard?

i am not attacking you, but that is just stupid. I would rather have the best guard in the league locked up, at a reasonable price, for the rest of his career then spending it on an unproven first round pick

I'm mixed on this...ambivalent if you will.

I was really hoping they'd trade his greedy self to Dallas for a #1. Also I don't see how he deserves top interior lineman in the league money, when he got abused by the NY Giants...kind of the biggest game of his life and he WHIFFED. Thanks for that Logan...broke my heart that night. Seems like they could have gotten him cheaper.

But it is what it is. I guess Light won't play RG this year like I thought he would. Maybe left guard?

He's done a lot more abusing than getting abused, I can guarantee you that. When you plan a scheme that can domiinate a offensive line it makes the whole line look pretty much bad. All you can do about that game is tip your cap to the Giants and move on. {I'm still trying myself.}

He is a top 3 guard and you saw the difference in the line play when he returned last year. It was pretty evident actually that he is a beast and makes everyone around him better.

Wow. That's a lot of money for a guy that dominates during the regular season but hasn't shown up in the playoffs since SB42.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes