Schefter: Mankins, Patriots agree to six-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyFTW!

Goodell sucks
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Twitter

Filed to ESPN: Patriots Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins signed a six-year deal with the Patriots. So he isn't going anywhere after all.

Will update with details as they become available.

Last edited:
This is amazing given how out-of-the-question it's seemed for the past year.

So when Kraft said "soon" earlier today, he kind of meant it, eh? This is awesome.

Pleasantly surprised; shocked actually that this occured considering the bad blood that Mankins and his agent spilled last season.

Great news! Also should clear some cap space for this season, if I'm not mistaken.

Yessssssss! Dominant OL for a few more years yet.

Pleasantly surprised; shocked actually that this occured considering the bad blood that Mankins and his agent spilled last season.

When Kraft made his comment today about getting a deal done "soon," I actually thought (briefly): Great, now Mankins' agent will get PO'd about being upstaged. Happily, all is good.

That was fast! I thought by the end of the week at best. This is huge for the stability of this line:rocker:

:rocker: :D :D :D :rocker: BOO Yah!!!! :rocker: :D :D :D :rocker:

The offseason keeps getting better.

What a ride the past two weeks!

WOOT!

Absolutely great news. It's nice to have a solid player locked up like this. :rocker:

As opposed to, say, locked up like Plaxico or Vick....... :rolleyes:

Thank you, Jeff Saturday!

His public endorsement of Kraft as a very-good-faith negotiator may have helped a lot.

Glad this news came so soon. The OL continues to evolve with players who are smart and are beasts. It has a great mix of skilled and tough veterans and younger players who are capable of stepping into the fray and doing a high quality job when required. I was concerned that someday we'd see Mankins lining up for one of the usual suspects of opponents. A six year deal is consistent with Bob Kraft's "Patriot for life" comment. This is great!

Twitter/EvanSilva

"Monetary guess on Mankins' six-year deal w/ #Patriots: $48.5 million with $21 million guaranteed."

Last edited:
:yeeha:

He's been in the NFL on the Patriots for 6 years hencefar, and now he'll have another fruitful six years. :eat2:

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

THANK YOU very much Mr. Kraft to keep one of MY favourite Patriots.

"The Beast" is a Pat for LIFETIME. Love u all. GREAT news.

keep on rolling guys.

greets from germany.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Last edited:
Best news of the offseason and that's an offseason including trades for Haynesworth and Ochocinco AND the signing of Ellis. Having Mankins for 6 more year protecting TB12 blindsind is great news.

Last edited:
Ecstatic about keeping Mankins. :) Not happy with the way he handled it last year, but I'm just glad he'll stay. He's a badass, the best guard in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down