PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will play Bucs in London in 2009 [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats & Bucs To Play In London Oct 25, 2009

Anybody know the ticket situation for the London games? I here they are fairly exclusive and fetch a big premium from ticket brokers.

Anybody know the ticket situation for the London games? I here they are fairly exclusive and fetch a big premium from ticket brokers.

You apply via NFLUK.com and they hold a lottery basically, they also have a percentage of tickets that season ticket holders for the Patriots and Bucs can purchase.

You apply via NFLUK.com and they hold a lottery basically, they also have a percentage of tickets that season ticket holders for the Patriots and Bucs can purchase.

Thanks. Do you know the percentages on what amount the Pats and Bucs can buy?

IIRC the Sants and Chargers had about 3,000 tickets each but don't quote me on it.

They are actually given to the Patriots and Bucs themselves for distribution, it must be quite a bit because the Chargers and Saints returned some of theres which went back on sale the week of the game, the rest are for open sale for fans of all teams, you'll likely see a jersey of every team at the game, i would just stick that site in the favs then apply as soon as applications are available and theres a forum there to that British fans of all teams post on.

I would say theres a few thousand given to each team, a few thousand for execs and companys ect and around 70,000 for general sale.

Just reading some Bucs opinions and some are interesting in coming to see the Beatles museum whilst they're over. If the Bucs are coming to Liverpool your not allowed in unless you bring some of your cheerleaders.

Seriously it's on the road signs and stuff.

Dundee area, could be wiser to fly down the more i think about it, trains can take anything from 8-12 hrs to London depending on the Changes.
Friends at work have been down to the first 2 games. Flew down on Sun morning and stayed the night. Got a hotel near the stadium and underground. By all accounts, it was very straightforward.
As for tickets, there are some set aside for season ticket holders in the US, so if there is anyone willing to get me tickets I would be very much obliged.:)

Brady and Moss will have a big influence on American football over in the UK:D

what a great awesome news !!!

i can not believe it

i will be there !

alè alè alè

I'm not a fan of this.

It will create a lot of difficulty for the players.

Brady only has about 4 top years left, and he's going to be dragging his butt on this one next year.

I don't think the Red Sox ever fully recovered from their start in Japan--I know it's a lot farther than to London, but teams have trouble adjusting when it's west coast-east coast.

I don't think the Red Sox ever fully recovered from their start in Japan--I know it's a lot farther than to London, but teams have trouble adjusting when it's west coast-east coast.

East Coast to London isn't that much worse of a trip than East to West coast plus you get a bye week the following week, all 4 teams who have played in the International Series games in the UK have had a bye the week after the game.

I think im correct in saying that the Patriots are the closest NFL team to England, which should make the journey easier for the team :D

I think im correct in saying that the Patriots are the closest NFL team to England, which should make the journey easier for the team :D

Only 6 hour flight...:rolleyes:

Only 6 hour flight...:rolleyes:

They'll probably fly straight from the game on a Sunday to the UK, stay and practice here all week and get used to the time difference play the game then leave the day after the game and have the bye week, thats what the Chargers and Saints did 4/5 weeks ago.

Re: Pats will play Bucs in London in 2009 [merged]

this is a surprise, a good one and, inmho, unexpected

i'm looking to take the tickets of course

Can't believe this news...brilliant stuff. Was thinking my one and only Patriots game might be a pre-season scrimmage in a couple of years time but instead I'll hopefully get to see a real game :singing:

Wonderful news. My baby girl is going to Nana and Grandpa for Halloween, Mommy and Daddy are going to London! So far the 'visiting' team has won each game.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes