PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New intrigue about Pats/ Vikings trade at pick #3. Something is going on.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Good Day Cousins,
Sorry Breakfast Fans . Just cereal and fruit with (ok ....you got me.....I added sweetened almonds and a touch of chocolate) a slice of blueberry/lemon coffee cake this morning. Hot cocoa (love coffee but stomach issues for those who give a ratsass)

There is something going on in Minnesota. The Vikings want a QB for their Franchise and all parties involved are playing cute. The Vikes pretend they want Daniels but It's Maye that is the apple of their eye. New Vikings QB coach Josh McCown has connections to Drake Maye here. McCown coached Maye at the high school level and has a personnel relationship. I think The Pats would be O.K. with Maye but....... the cat was out of the bag when they had Penix in for a visit. Just spitballin here.

A few months ago Felger (not a big fan) mentioned perhaps Jefferson might make the trade for #3 more appetizing for the Pats. He might have been on to something.

Just one more thing!.......Que the 59 Peugeot 403

COLUMBO'S PEUGEOT from www.wickedlocal.com
crumpled rain coat and slimy cigar:

1) Jefferson turned down an offer from the Vikes in 2023. The Vikes claimed it was a "corker" offer. ???
2) The Pat's Wolf promised to "weaponize"the offense. We all thought perhaps through FA or maybe a trade for Higgins? Torches and pitch forks.
3) The Pats lost out on Ridley which stung, made the Franchise look cheap, excuses were given out to appease the Fan base, it made RK look bad, a women and her "charms" .......or not... to be withheld .......was a main factor and now forced the Team to target the Trade route
4) The Pats still have $57.3mm that they have yet to spend and we want to tar and feather Wolf for feeding us a line of BS. THEY WON'T SPEND IT......WHY?
5) The Pats did pick up Osborn who had a great relationship with Jefferson. They worked together with the Salvation Army with kids.
6) Smith got re-uped in a deal that was expensive and he is NOT Jefferson. "Eagles Wide receiver DeVonta Smith's $75 million contract extension with the Eagles continues an organizational trend: lock in core players as soon as possible and avoid the inevitable price increase" That set the price on Jefferson.
7) The Vikes have a weak CAP situation
8) Can the Vikes really afford Jefferson? ......Nyret!
9) The Pats have indicated they will trade pick #3 for a "bag". Can that "bag" be first round pick #11 and #23 and Jefferson? ....... There, I said it.
10)Perhaps the reason the Vikes traded for #23 was that they had a wink-wink deal with the Pats on the #3 pick. Then came the comment from the Pats FO that well......, maybe they would trade the pick.
Jefferson should be signed already if the Vikes are serious about retaining him. Florio (not a Fan) just mentioned that fact. He thinks perhaps there is a deal for Jefferson to be had so no Vikes contract and he mentions the Pats.
11) Because we are holding CAP money we can afford Jefferson. Perhaps $30mm for four years, three guranteed for a 25 year old who might be the best WR in the NFL. WRs are not going to be cheaper in 2025. Wait till you see what Chase gets.
12) You have a chance to get a Penix or a Nix at#11 and if they are poop, step up to the plate next year for perhaps one of the many QBs set to hit FA.
13) If Penix (or whomever) has a WR cast of Jefferson, Osborn, Bourne and Pops with good serviceable TEs, said QB should excel....right?
14) Opposing coaches will now have to game plan for a Pats WR.....CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!
15) So to all of my Cousins on this Forum who want to trade down or those who want to keep the pick...........For #3 would you accept #11, #23 and Jefferson?
16) It would be like a First and more for Jefferson if you include 2025 First......the best WR in the NFL. WOULD YA?

Too many coincidences.
DW Toys

Vikings would be idiots to do this, as opposed to simply trading Jefferson to tge highest bidder separately and THEN negotiating a deal with NE.

I suspect Jefferson could fetch them a 1 and a 2/3 by himself.

If they actually offered 11,23 AND Jefferson to the Pats we’d be fleecing them.

Cue the Mariachi Band.

Poor AI got thoroughly confused with this one. (Vikings giving Mayo a bag of picks serenaded by mariachi band at NFL Draft.)

Realistic highly detailed photographic image: The New England Patriots coach is a jar of mayonnaise. Viking is handing the coach a large bag with the caption DRAFT PICKS. A mariachi band is playing in the background and all the mariachi players are wearing New England Patriots jerseys. A sign above everyone has the caption 2024 NFL Draft.

Vikings giving Mayo a bag of picks serenaded by mariachi band at NFL Draft.

Last edited:
Vikings would be idiots to do this, as opposed to simply trading Jefferson to tge highest bidder separately and THEN negotiating a deal with NE.

Agreed. We all do know that if a team wants player bad enough (especially if a team believes a QB in the draft is both the solution to their offensive problems and can be a Franchise QB) the Patriots can name their price and such a team would pay it. I would want #'s 11 and 23 and Jefferson this year, and their 1st rounder next year, although I'd prefer that we draft Maye of he's there at #3. Steep? Absolutely! But if they want whatever QB bad enough, they might actually pony up.

Agreed. We all do know that if a team wants player bad enough (especially if a team believes a QB in the draft is both the solution to their offensive problems and can be a Franchise QB) the Patriots can name their price and such a team would pay it. I would want #'s 11 and 23 and Jefferson this year, and their 1st rounder next year, although I'd prefer that we draft Maye of he's there at #3. Steep? Absolutely! But if they want whatever QB bad enough, they might actually pony up.
Then let JJ slide to #11.

I can dream can’t I?

Let's go 20 years in the time machine:

Pats trade the #3 pick to Minnesota for 11, 23, R1 in '25 and '26. As much as Curran says "bag", the price of 5 is too high. Anyway..

Vikes picks:
3 Maye

Pats picks:
11 OT Fuaga
23 WR Thomas Jr

R1 QB Quinn Ewers
R1 from Vikes WR Caullin Lacy

R1 WR Tetairoa McMillan
R1 from Vikes DT Donte Corleone

The Pats completely rebuilt the offense, drafting 2 time All Pro Ewers, 3 time pro bowler Fuaga and future HoFer Donte Corleone. Thomas Jr is 2024 DORoY with Brissett, and the Pats narrowly miss the wildcard round. McMillan is transformative for the Pats O in 2026, During the Mayo/Wolf era, The Pats make 1 SB, 4 AFCCGs but no rings. Maye, after struggling year one, led the Vikes to 3 Super Bowl wins, 6 NFCCGs, 6 time pro bowler and 3 time MVP. He's elected to Canton in his first year of eligibility.

Still want to trade out? The Pats could nail all these picks and if Maye is this good, then they need to keep him.

Last edited:
Mr. Wet Blanket here notes that for this deal to happen, it is imperative that the Patriots receive permission to speak with Jefferson first - and the two sides agree in writing to a contract extension.

Otherwise a four-win team just traded for an expensive one-year rental who will depart in free agency twelve months from now.

If Jefferson can't/won't agree to a long term deal with Minnesota, why should I believe that he will do so with the Patriots?

So absolutely nothing new of substance. Cool.

Pats trade the #3 pick to Minnesota for 11, 23, R1 in '25 and '26. As much as Curran says "bag", the price of 5 is too high. Anyway..

Vikes picks:
3 Maye

Pats picks:
11 OT Fuaga
23 WR Thomas Jr

R1 QB Quinn Ewers

R1 WR Tetairoa McMillan

The Pats completely rebuilt the offense, drafting 2 time All Pro Ewers, 3 time pro bowler Fuaga and future HoFer Donte Corleone. Thomas Jr is 2024 DORoY with Brissett, and the Pats narrowly miss the wildcard round. McMillan is transformative for the Pats O in 2026, During the Mayo/Wolf era, The Pats make 1 SB, 4 AFCCGs but no rings. Maye, after struggling year one, led the Vikes to 3 Super Bowl wins, 6 NFCCGs, 6 time pro bowler and 3 time MVP. He's elected to Canton in his first year of eligibility.

Still want to trade out? The Pats could nail all these picks and if Maye is this good, then they need to keep him.
The flip side of that coin:
You trade out and Maye flops royally then it was the right move regardless of your success rate.

I want the QB though so its easy for me take Maye or Daniels and LFG.

Vikes picks:
3 Maye

Pats picks:
11 OT Fuaga
23 WR Thomas Jr

R1 QB Quinn Ewers

R1 WR Tetairoa McMillan

Ewers is trash. He'd be a late round pick in this draft so next draft they'd reach and take him in round 1???

Ewers is trash. He'd be a late round pick in this draft so next draft they'd reach and take him in round 1???
I read reports that if he stayed, and had a great year in the SEC, he'd be top of R1. We will see, it's all hypothetical anyway. Feel free to insert any other name in my scenario that you like better.

Good Day Cousins,
Sorry Breakfast Fans . Just cereal and fruit with (ok ....you got me.....I added sweetened almonds and a touch of chocolate) a slice of blueberry/lemon coffee cake this morning. Hot cocoa (love coffee but stomach issues for those who give a ratsass)

There is something going on in Minnesota. The Vikings want a QB for their Franchise and all parties involved are playing cute. The Vikes pretend they want Daniels but It's Maye that is the apple of their eye. New Vikings QB coach Josh McCown has connections to Drake Maye here. McCown coached Maye at the high school level and has a personnel relationship. I think The Pats would be O.K. with Maye but....... the cat was out of the bag when they had Penix in for a visit. Just spitballin here.

A few months ago Felger (not a big fan) mentioned perhaps Jefferson might make the trade for #3 more appetizing for the Pats. He might have been on to something.

Just one more thing!.......Que the 59 Peugeot 403

View attachment 57618
crumpled rain coat and slimy cigar:

1) Jefferson turned down an offer from the Vikes in 2023. The Vikes claimed it was a "corker" offer. ???
2) The Pat's Wolf promised to "weaponize"the offense. We all thought perhaps through FA or maybe a trade for Higgins? Torches and pitch forks.
3) The Pats lost out on Ridley which stung, made the Franchise look cheap, excuses were given out to appease the Fan base, it made RK look bad, a women and her "charms" .......or not... to be withheld .......was a main factor and now forced the Team to target the Trade route
4) The Pats still have $57.3mm that they have yet to spend and we want to tar and feather Wolf for feeding us a line of BS. THEY WON'T SPEND IT......WHY?
5) The Pats did pick up Osborn who had a great relationship with Jefferson. They worked together with the Salvation Army with kids.
6) Smith got re-uped in a deal that was expensive and he is NOT Jefferson. "Eagles Wide receiver DeVonta Smith's $75 million contract extension with the Eagles continues an organizational trend: lock in core players as soon as possible and avoid the inevitable price increase" That set the price on Jefferson.
7) The Vikes have a weak CAP situation
8) Can the Vikes really afford Jefferson? ......Nyret!
9) The Pats have indicated they will trade pick #3 for a "bag". Can that "bag" be first round pick #11 and #23 and Jefferson? ....... There, I said it.
10)Perhaps the reason the Vikes traded for #23 was that they had a wink-wink deal with the Pats on the #3 pick. Then came the comment from the Pats FO that well......, maybe they would trade the pick.
Jefferson should be signed already if the Vikes are serious about retaining him. Florio (not a Fan) just mentioned that fact. He thinks perhaps there is a deal for Jefferson to be had so no Vikes contract and he mentions the Pats.
11) Because we are holding CAP money we can afford Jefferson. Perhaps $30mm for four years, three guranteed for a 25 year old who might be the best WR in the NFL. WRs are not going to be cheaper in 2025. Wait till you see what Chase gets.
12) You have a chance to get a Penix or a Nix at#11 and if they are poop, step up to the plate next year for perhaps one of the many QBs set to hit FA.
13) If Penix (or whomever) has a WR cast of Jefferson, Osborn, Bourne and Pops with good serviceable TEs, said QB should excel....right?
14) Opposing coaches will now have to game plan for a Pats WR.....CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!
15) So to all of my Cousins on this Forum who want to trade down or those who want to keep the pick...........For #3 would you accept #11, #23 and Jefferson?
16) It would be like a First and more for Jefferson if you include 2025 First......the best WR in the NFL. WOULD YA?

Too many coincidences.
DW Toys

After reading all that, all I can say is:

Tinfoil Hat GIF by The Tick

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results