PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran Knows Something

The only other stadiums I've been to was Sun Devil Stadium (back in 1998, I think it was?) in Arizona, and I've been to the Jaguars stadium for their game against New England in 2018, which the Patriots lost and the Jaguars fans acted like they just won the Super Bowl. If I recall, they went on a dive after that, which was fitting.
Ian…I was at that JAX game too with my son and some friends. It was hot as balls…the in stadium temp was well over 100.

The Pats secondary made Blake Bortles look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana that day. I think he threw for close to 400 yards with 4/5 TDs. It was probably the best game of his NFL career lol!

And you’re right about the JAX fans; they were acting as if their team won the SB. It was comical to see how obnoxious their fans were during and after the game considering who their team actually is

Ian…I was at that JAX game too with my son and some friends. It’s was hot as balls…the in stadium temp was well over 100.

The Pats secondary made Blake Bortles look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana that day. I think he threw for close to 400 yards with 4/5 TDs. It was probably the best game of his NFL career lol!

And you’re right about the JAX fans; they were acting as if their team won the SB. It was comical to see how obnoxious their fans were during and after the game considering who their team actually is
I agree, terrible showing from the team that day, and as you said, the fans ended up being super obnoxious. We specifically dressed incognito and saw a lot of New England fans who were decked out get into it with some of them, and I think we also heard about a couple of fights after the fact. We haven’t been back since.

Thanks and you are right. It's hard to resist responding when someone calls you liar in an open forum.

Consider the source my friend.
You're a stand up guy Tune and the rest of us know it

Last edited:
@venecol recommended seeing the Bucs at their place at some point, but I haven't made it there. My son actually did get to go because his college team played there (USF), and he saw a few games. Although, I believe they're finally building one on campus in the coming years.

The only other stadiums I've been to was Sun Devil Stadium (back in 1998, I think it was?) in Arizona, and I've been to the Jaguars stadium for their game against New England in 2018, which the Patriots lost and the Jaguars fans acted like they just won the Super Bowl. If I recall, they went on a dive after that, which was fitting.

But otherwise, haven't been to many outside New England. Someday when things settle down, maybe. We'll see how that goes.

I hope you get a chance to take in a game in Buffalo before the stadium closes. Great old school game day experience, reminiscent of Schaefer in the mid 70's before the yahoos made it an adult only experience.

I hope you get a chance to take in a game in Buffalo before the stadium closes. Great old school game day experience, reminiscent of Schaefer in the mid 70's before the yahoos made it an adult only experience.

One of those throwback stadiums where the concourses can get uncomfortably crowded going in and out. The playing field is known for having a high crown so passes to the sidelines tend to "rise" on receivers. Bills fans are OK, not as obnoxious as Jete fans.

Professional athletes play to win.

If the Pats don’t like what’s there at 3, or if they think that the other 4/5 QBs are comparable, poor us will either get a haul trade down or one of the best WR or OT prospects to come along in a long time.

There’s no “lose” here unless whatever the pick is busts, and that is always a possibility.

I just did a mock and got MHJ, Penix Jr, and TE Sanders or Sinnot without moving.

Would that really be a bad thing?
All of the gnashing of teeth over picking earlier than three is wasted energy at the moment. It will only be worth crying about if picks #1 and #2 turn out to be the real deal and #3 flames out. At this point who the hell knows if the team got ripped off or dodged a bullet.

One of those throwback stadiums where the concourses can get uncomfortably crowded going in and out. The playing field is known for having a high crown so passes to the sidelines tend to "rise" on receivers. Bills fans are OK, not as obnoxious as Jete fans.

It's been better than a decade (it was The Ralph last time we were there) but my brother and I went to Buffalo for a game every other year or so for almost 20 years. At the end we'd take our older sons with us. Bills fans were a rowdy bunch but not difficult. Old Giants stadium was a meh place but the Giants fans were cool enough, Jete fans sucked and were downright hostile. Worst fans we encountered bar none were at Three Rivers, punches were actually thrown in our crew's direction.

Last edited:
Thanks and you are right. It's hard to resist responding when someone calls you liar in an open forum.

What's interesting, though, is how fragmented memory gets over the span of years. I can recall bits and bigger parts of certain games from 20-30 years ago very clearly, others not at all. It's like the mind takes snapshots and puts them in a file cabinet with holes in it.
Tune. I am 65. I can’t remember what I ate for dinner 2 days ago.
One thing I know. I will repeat I am 65. Why and what would possess me to lie at 65 years of age.
Same for you.

One thing I know. I will repeat I am 65. Why and what would possess me to lie at 65 years of age.
Same for you.

If someone isn't comfortable with both the skin they are in and the truth of their own existence by the time they are in their mid 50's then I pity them, because they never will be.

W
If someone isn't comfortable with both the skin they are in and the truth of their own existence by the time they are in their mid 50's then I pity them, because they never will be.
I’m comfortable in it. But man it gets wrinkly.
Saying all that. I don’t know if I can survive these last 18 days before the draft

W
I’m comfortable in it. But man it gets wrinkly.

That it does, I hardly recognize that old dude looking at me in the mirror. It is profoundly weird being the same age as old people.
Just a couple of weeks ago my wife was reading something online, looks up and says "Imagine living 120 years." My response was "Not in this body I can't"

Still all in all it's been a lovely cruise. And even though I trust it will be continuing elsewhere in the not too distant future, for today at least we are uproariously, irreveverently and unapologetically alive. So raise a glass my man, we survived the Sullivans and Kiam and got 20 years of constant contention for our troubles! This is nothing

Last edited:
That it does, I hardly recognize that old dude looking at me in the mirror. It is profoundly weird being the same age as old people.
Just a couple of weeks ago my wife was reading something online, looks up and says "Imagine living 120 years." M response was "Not in this body I can't"
Still all in all it's been a lovely cruise. And even though I trust it will be continuing elsewhere in the not too distant future, for today at least we uproariously, irreveverently and unapologetically alive. So raise a glass my man, we survived the Sullivans and Kiam and got 20 years of constant contention for our troubles! This is nothing
I remember the days of thinking what it must be like to be a Redskins, Niners or Cowboys fan.
Wow was I shooting low

I remember the days of thinking what it must be like to be a Redskins, Niners or Cowboys fan.
Wow was I shooting low

My father was a Giants fan and went to his grave looking down his nose at his sons choice of football team. For our parts we just had a hard time understanding how it was we despised the Yankees, Rangers and Knicks but somehow we were supposed to root for a NY football team??? We badgered him into taking us to see the Pats at Fenway. I can still recall like it was yesterday being there and him looking down at me and saying "Mark my words, this team will never amount to anything untless it gets itself a real owner with something in his pockets besides holes."

He wasn't wrong.

Same for you.
65 here, too.

What's interesting, though, is how fragmented memory gets over the span of years. I can recall bits and bigger parts of certain games from 20-30 years ago very clearly, others not at all. It's like the mind takes snapshots and puts them in a file cabinet with holes in it.

Just post "BB is an asshat" and Venecol will love you. ;)

This was on a few nights ago, I've watched it maybe a dozen times. We have a member here with screen name Arch Stanton, BTW. :)
One of my all time favorite movies. Probably top 5.

I am 64 ... I can see it when I piss it still works ...
and I get to use it far so good ... but my back is screaming afterwards ....
Self-employed I work at least 60 hours a week ... and it's not killing me yet.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back