PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will play Bucs in London in 2009 [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats & Bucs To Play In London Oct 25, 2009

I gotta see our full schedule before I get excited. New Orleans had a ridiculous road schedule with the UK game in the middle.

Re: NFL International Series 2009

Hmm ... not much use to me, unfortunately. I'll be watching from my living room in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Still, it will be good to see a few Tom Brady jerseys in the old country!

Ahhh, I remember you posting about moving across the pond. My mistake. :bricks:

That is already looking like a tough schedule. If things shape up as they currently stand we will also have a road trip to San Diego, while the Ravens will come to Foxboro. At least I will be able to go to the Houston game.

I'm not a fan of this.

It will create a lot of difficulty for the players.

Brady only has about 4 top years left, and he's going to be dragging his butt on this one next year.

I just came in my pants, London is only 8 hours on the train for me.

I gotta see our full schedule before I get excited. New Orleans had a ridiculous road schedule with the UK game in the middle.

They had a bye week after the game, which is what we would have.

Major plus - this is a home game for the Bucs, not us

Yep and there are alot of Patriots fans in the UK, sadly we're as hated as our team :D

The neutrals will likely support the Bucs.

Has anyone considered that this COULD be a Brady vs. Cassel game, on top of the whole UK thing?

Why is that? Just curious.

Spygate and success, most fans of other teams hate the Patriots in the States, its the same in the UK.

WOW, the Bucs sell out everytime, and it is a "tough ticket" to get, you would think that they would send a Jacksonville or Detroit or some other team that has trouble selling out their home games.

WOW, the Bucs sell out everytime, and it is a "tough ticket" to get, you would think that they would send a Jacksonville or Detroit or some other team that has trouble selling out their home games.

The Greedy Glazers, they have basically given up a home game for money the Saints-Chargers game had 84,000 earlier this year which is more than Tampa plus the tickets are more expensive here, the Patriots get the exposure without giving up a home game, i'm happy to see my team locally without hurting our chances to win, good news.

Spygate and success, most fans of other teams hate the Patriots in the States, its the same in the UK.

I figured the media overseas wouldn't be so vicious about SpyGate, and that the Pats' success would attract more fans than it repels. Shows what I know, it's the same everywhere you go.

I figured the media overseas wouldn't be so vicious about SpyGate, and that the Pats' success would attract more fans than it repels. Shows what I know, it's the same everywhere you go.

The Patriots are popular but if you're not a lover your a hater, i belive the top 3 supported teams in the UK from a survery at nfluk.com are the Pats, Fish and 49ers.

Re: NFL International Series 2009

If i don't get a ticket in the lottery, i'll be buying them for the touts/scalpers, i aint missing this game.

Had a feeling it would be the Bucs as it was almost them this year and the NFL UK dude said the other would be a really big team so from a personal point of view I'm delighted it's the Pats.

Its not the media that hates the Pats, the media over here barely give a crap about the NFL.

Its just the fans, Pats, Cowboys are the most hated teams over here. If you go over to NFLUK.com's forums you'd see much the fans hate the Pats.

Whereabouts in Scotland do you live?

Dundee area, could be wiser to fly down the more i think about it, trains can take anything from 8-12 hrs to London depending on the Changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes