PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

Our defense has talent
Our offense is terrible with no elite talent

We are not going to win without talent on offense and our FA signings have not moved the needle

I am expecting a top 10 pick possibly top 5 again in 2025 unless we have an amazing draft
Lol. I feel a perhaps discreditable urge to say, "Good, let's shoot for top 5."

A draft good enough to salvage this mess seems a thing of fantasy, doesn't it?

I'm not telling people how to feel but generally, fans of a team are generally positive when they talk about their team. It's usually not the durm and strang you find with Pats fans.
Yer German ain't all that German.

Sturm und Drang.

But maybe you knew that, clever fella.

Our defense has talent
Our offense is terrible with no elite talent

We are not going to win without talent on offense and our FA signings have not moved the needle

I am expecting a top 10 pick possibly top 5 again in 2025 unless we have an amazing draft
Qualify "elite talent" for the rest of us?

I'll say though, I know this off season hasn't been splashy, but call me crazy why do I have this feeling the team will be better than Last years team.. we know that we will have a QB at 3. However if Brisset has to start until the pick is ready so be it.. in my opinion he'd be better that the QB position last season. Also I would also like the team to extend rham and Barmore, and peppers.
I’ve been thinking the same
Since we have plenty of cap money and nobody wants to come here
Extend the key players that will become FA’s
Then next year key in on strengthening the team in FA
Hopefully at that time. Players will want to be here

I'll say though, I know this off season hasn't been splashy, but call me crazy why do I have this feeling the team will be better than Last years team.. we know that we will have a QB at 3. However if Brisset has to start until the pick is ready so be it.. in my opinion he'd be better that the QB position last season. Also I would also like the team to extend rham and Barmore, and peppers.
I agree. I think we will have a better record next year.

There are two certainties in life.

#1 - Water is wet

#2 - The sky is falling on Boston.

The only thing worse than when things are going bad in Boston, is when things are going good. We are the most fickle fan base in all of sports; and we are never happier than when we are miserable. It’s been this way long before Belichick ever showed up with a hoodie and a Ground Round coupon in his back pocket, and will remain so until the end of time. So hurry up and slow down, and accept the reality of the situation. :)
LOL you should learn about Madrid FC fans. They fire their coaches every 2 or 3 years because they can never win enough. They boo their team because winning is not enough, it needs to be done in style. By far the worst fans in any sport.

I agree. I think we will have a better record next year.
Absolutely, just thinking on it. Additional by subtraction at the QB position, I've seen alot of the players say they want to be part of the new era, KB was saying that when he signed his new deal wolf told him that he and Mayo want a family, welcoming atmosphere around the team that had been missing past few seasons.

That IMO is the right approach with this generation of players in the NFL.

I’ve been thinking the same
Since we have plenty of cap money and nobody wants to come here
Extend the key players that will become FA’s
Then next year key in on strengthening the team in FA
Hopefully at that time. Players will want to be here
Yes absolutely agree, extend Barmore now. Peppers is a culture, leader on the team extend him. Same for rham...

#1 - Water is wet

The only thing worse than when things are going bad in Boston, is when things are going good. We are the most fickle fan base in all of sports; and we are never happier than when we are miserable. It’s been this way long before Belichick ever showed up with a hoodie and a Ground Round coupon in his back pocket, and will remain so until the end of time. So hurry up and slow down, and accept the reality of the situation. :)
Wait, I thought that was Philadelphia. Geesh, we can't even get that right.

LOL you should learn about Madrid FC fans. They fire their coaches every 2 or 3 years because they can never win enough. They boo their team because winning is not enough, it needs to be done in style. By far the worst fans in any sport.
Don't overlook PSG's ultras........ an insufferable, entitled lot.

angry martin freeman GIF

Last edited:

#1 - Water is wet

Regional diagnosis

-Centuries of puritanical conditioning within much of the homegrown population. "Pleasure is the road to damnation"

-An 86 year World Series drought that metastasized misery into generations.

-The Irish :rofl:

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.

**** Rick Pitino.

This region is, once again, Loserville USA… Same as it was before Brady arrived.

Qualify "elite talent" for the rest of us?

Let’s make it simple - how many pro-bowlers are on our offense?

How many top 100 NFL players are on our offense?

32 teams, shouldn’t we have at lest 1 offensive playmaker just to be average?

Let’s make it simple - how many pro-bowlers are on our offense?

How many top 100 NFL players are on our offense?

32 teams, shouldn’t we have at lest 1 offensive playmaker just to be average?
Mac Jones and Tyrod Taylor made the pro bowl and it’s a fan voted on popularity contest… try again.

Many of our offensive linemen have elite athleticism or traits… this isn’t fantasy football, it’s real world football we’re talking about. Shaq Mason never made a pro bowl, but he has played at a pro bowl level his entire career.

Hunter Henry is one of the best TE’s in football, Rhamondre can be as good as he wants to be. Douglas has a lot of potential in the slot to be great. Thornton has a lot of untapped potential.Gibson is hyper talented and iyoung enough to improve.

We have a bunch of other guys like Bourne, Juju, Hooper and Kevin Harris who can be good player even if they aren’t great.

A team can be greater than the sum of it’s parts… this team can also improve mightily with the remaining free agency and draft. This team isn’t nearly as bad as advertised and can improve a lot from now to week one.

Mac Jones and Tyrod Taylor made the pro bowl and it’s a fan voted on popularity contest… try again.

Shaq Mason never made a pro bowl, but he has played at a pro bowl level his entire career.
Though I agree with most of what you wrote, this is just too funny.

Though I agree with most of what you wrote, this is just too funny.
When the NFL pays you at near top of the market for the entirety of your career after your rookie contract ends... you played at a pro bowl type level. The market determines worth.

The notion that Shaq Mason didn't make a Pro Bowl, or that Logan Mankins made a Pro Bowl one year but not the next so therefore he wasn't good enough... is just dumb.

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.

Isn't that what we said in 2021, and 2022, and 2023, and ............

Many of our offensive linemen have elite athleticism or traits… this isn’t fantasy football, it’s real world football we’re talking about. Shaq Mason never made a pro bowl, but he has played at a pro bowl level his entire career.

Hunter Henry is one of the best TE’s in football, Rhamondre can be as good as he wants to be. Douglas has a lot of potential in the slot to be great. Thornton has a lot of untapped potential.Gibson is hyper talented and iyoung enough to improve.

We have a bunch of other guys like Bourne, Juju, Hooper and Kevin Harris who can be good player even if they aren’t great.

A team can be greater than the sum of it’s parts… this team can also improve mightily with the remaining free agency and draft. This team isn’t nearly as bad as advertised and can improve a lot from now to week one.

You need to do your homework
The top 100 players are picked by other players

The Pro bowl is picked by fans, coaches & players

Mac Jones was a replacement & who knows how many others refused before he accepted

Which OL have elite athleticism?

The Pats OL sucked last year & will probably suck again this year unless they
Decide to trade back & get a tackle early

Hunter Henry is a middle of the road TE & our other receivers are JAGS at best

When you drag in Thornton & Kevin Harris, I can’t help but laugh.

Thornton would need to improve to be a JAG & how many games did Harris dress for a 4 win team?

Harris 16 Touches in 17 games for a 4 win team ?

Still think it's absolutely hilarious that the biggest baby on the forum, who leaves more negative ratings on comments than every other poster combined, is the person who penned this thread. Gold Jerry, gold!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back