PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our defense appreciation thread

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We are a bad team. No, a terrible team but I wanted to create this thread to highlight one positive with this team. Our defense has heart and deserves some praise. They don’t ever give up despite the 2-10 record. There’s a lot of negativity on this board and trust me, I understand why but this thread is focus on one positive and to give credit to these guys who always seem to keep us in almost every game. What’s crazy is, if we just had an average offense we would probably be playoff bound. That’s how terrible our offense is.

They’ve had a lot of bright spots this year for sure despite having to deal with that ****stain of an offense. When Judon and Gonzales get back it will be a strength next year with the new High Powered rookie QB. Probably the most important draft in over 30 years coming up.

Judson and Gonzalez, among others returning, are almost like draft picks for the D. The offensive side has to be the focus on the draft. Nothing devastates a team like a failed first round QB failure - as the Pats are learning.

Judson and Gonzalez, among others returning, are almost like draft picks for the D. The offensive side has to be the focus on the draft. Nothing devastates a team like a failed first round QB failure - as the Pats are learning.
There is 105 mill of cap space.

It’s been a perfectly orchestrated tank. The defense is not only still fighting but starting to look great without judon and Gonzalez, yet we manage to keep losing games.

Add a qb, wr, and ot this offseason and we could suprise next year

The defense still gets bullied by good teams. Something that continually gets ignored.
But would they bullied as much with Judon and Gonzales? If the offense could sustain drives and play a little more mistake free football?

They also have Marcus Jones coming back for special teams which is a plus. As mentioned above also a lot of cap space.

But would they bullied as much with Judon and Gonzales? If the offense could sustain drives and play a little more mistake free football?

They also have Marcus Jones coming back for special teams which is a plus. As mentioned above also a lot of cap space.
Yes, they'd still get bullied. They've been bullied by good teams the last few years when their are clear skies. Bill is 10-24 against teams .500 and above since 2020. That is awful.

Gonzalez hasn't proven anything. He was giving up the most total passing yards the first two weeks of the season, but got better prior to his injury.

Solid effort. Thumbs up for grit.

give them credit for not quitting when they easily could call in a season. but their numbers are inflated because they've done well against garbage offenses. but something tells me Kansas City will put up some points on them, but other than that, there aren't many dynamic offenses left on the schedule unless. Josh Allen wakes up in Buffalo. So at the end of the day they will be a two or three win team with a defense that looks good on paper.
but we've seen this time and time again with the Belichick defense. they look good on paper. they hold teams to a low amount of points, but more often than not. when the defense really needs to make a play and or get the ball back they don't do it. look at today. they had San Diego on third down and if they make a play the offense gets the ball back on the other side of the two minute warning. but herbert made a great pass and Miles Bryant got burned.

They are still trying hard which is very admirable given how terrible offense has been. It’s also really sad that all of their efforts are wasted.

Teams don’t have to take chances when they know they are going up against a useless offense.
Conversely it should make them take more chances because the Pats offense is so bad they probably wouldn’t score regardless of field position.

Great unit

Has me thinking about Bronx Tale

I said this in the GDT if this defense didn't get destroyed by injuries it would be so very scary

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back