PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"It Is What It is"

I dunno man, Why did we get rid of jacoby myers for Juju injury plagued?
Why did we extend injury plagued, fingertip-less parker?

Allen is better then both of those scrubs.

That is the old regime with different objective. Last year the Pats were trying to get into the playoffs with hopes that Mac Jones would progress from his rookie season. This year the Pats are in a whole new rebuild. Also, Belichick always preferred older value based veterans. He didn’t like drafting WRs high or paying top dollar for a WR.

We need to stop looking at what the Pats did under Belichick and projecting it on the current regime. We are in a new era with new rules.

Allen for a 4th is a solid move.

Evidently the Pats are not trying to win now. We were a QB away from competing and now its a total rebuild.

Please do not tell me to go root for another team. I am here for the down years and no matter how bad the management, I will not leave.
In other words, you are choosing to be miserable.

Love you Sam, but deep breaths, and maybe less time on sports-related websites.

Green Team Leadership GIF by Lead 'Em Up

Why would the Pats want Allen at 32 with a long injury history. He is a short term answer for a team that needs a receiver to go to the next level this year. Odds are that he is an one year rental for the Bears.

And how do you know they could have had Ridley? From accounts, the Pats made an offer that was a gross overpay for Ridley ($22 million a year with over $40 million guaranteed). How do we know that Tennessee didn't come in at the last minute and ask what it takes for him to sign with them and they gave him this offer and Ridley never gave the Pats a chance to match or beat the offer?
The facts are that Allen missed 4 games last season and still had 1240 yards and 7 TDs.

He missed 7 games in 2022 and put up 750 yards and 4 TDs.

Then a run through 5 seasons missing 2 games total.

The facts are that Allen missed 4 games last season and still had 1240 yards and 7 TDs.

He missed 7 games in 2022 and put up 750 yards and 4 TDs.

Then a run through 5 seasons missing 2 games total.

Great! The Pats can have a 1200 yard receiver for a 6-11 season and then he will be toast when they are finally ready to be a playoff contender again.

I do not care about next year. I want the Pats to get better for the long term in 2024 not to win an extra game or two because they have an older veteran WR who only has a year or two left before he hits the age wall.

I don't want to give up draft capital for an old guy. A fourth rounder is potentially far more useful to the Patriots than Allen for what they are looking to accomplish. A fourth rounder could potentially be a solid starter for the next 5-10 years. Allen would be here for one or two years and probably be gone before the Patriots are any good.

The Pats were smart not to trade for Allen. Maybe if he was to be had for a 5th or 6th rounder. But for a fourth? Forget it. I would rather have the draft pick. I would give up a fourth for Courtland Sutton over Allen just because Sutton is four years younger and has less of an injury history.

Plus, the Patriots don't have Justin Herbert throwing Allen or anyone else the ball.

Allen for a 4th is a solid move.

Evidently the Pats are not trying to win now. We were a QB away from competing and now its a total rebuild.

A solid move that isn't in their first year of a total rebuild. The Bears have a fairly solid roster and Caleb Williams could potentially come in and make an impact right away.

Great! The Pats can have a 1200 yard receiver for a 6-11 season and then he will be toast when they are finally ready to be a playoff contender again.

I do not care about next year. I want the Pats to get better for the long term in 2024 not to win an extra game or two because they have an older veteran WR who only has a year or two left before he hits the age wall.

I don't want to give up draft capital for an old guy. A fourth rounder is potentially far more useful to the Patriots than Allen for what they are looking to accomplish. A fourth rounder could potentially be a solid starter for the next 5-10 years. Allen would be here for one or two years and probably be gone before the Patriots are any good.

The Pats were smart not to trade for Allen. Maybe if he was to be had for a 5th or 6th rounder. But for a fourth? Forget it. I would rather have the draft pick. I would give up a fourth for Courtland Sutton over Allen just because Sutton is four years younger and has less of an injury history.

Plus, the Patriots don't have Justin Herbert throwing Allen or anyone else the ball.
The point is to not finish 6 - 11 this season because you signed a WR capable of making plays. You make Allen sound like a guy on his last legs 1240 yards and 7 TDs are hardly numbers to ignore.

Alas, MAYBE Bourne will bounce back from his severe injury. HOPEFULLY Douglas improves on his rookie year. Hooper SHOULD produce unlike Gesicki and Jonnu.

Losing is now part of the long term plan. The Browns have been rebuilding for the last 25 years and now the Pats have adopted their blueprints.

You just described two mistakes. Allen being better than both of them doesn't instantly make it a smart move. As has been pointed out, Allen helps us next year, but this team needs to be looking far beyond that. Bringing in a player like him now, regardless of how much he would instantly improve our WRs, is definitely jumping the shark.

A solid move that isn't in their first year of a total rebuild. The Bears have a fairly solid roster and Caleb Williams could potentially come in and make an impact right away.
The Pats 32nd ranked offense needs some solid moves yesterday.

The point is to not finish 6 - 11 this season because you signed a WR capable of making plays. You make Allen sound like a guy on his last legs 1240 yards and 7 TDs are hardly numbers to ignore.

Alas, MAYBE Bourne will bounce back from his severe injury. HOPEFULLY Douglas improves on his rookie year. Hooper SHOULD produce unlike Gesicki and Jonnu.

Losing is now part of the long term plan. The Browns have been rebuilding for the last 25 years and now the Pats have adopted their blueprints.

The guy is going to be 32 in a month. He has played a full season just once in the last four years. He is going into his 12 season and he has a long history of injuries. He ain't going to be around much longer.

And WRs can hit the age wall hard and fast. Look how fast Randy Moss fell apart. He had 1264 yards and 13 TDs in 2009. In 2010, he had 393 yards and 5 TDs and ended up on three teams that year because he sucked so bad.

This team is going to be a 6-7 win team unless they kill it in the draft. I mean three or four starters who make an impact. This team is at least a year or two away from even competing for a playoff run. We don't even know who the QB is and even if they draft Maye or Daniels, they would be smart to sit the rookie they draft for a year.

Losing isn't part of the long term plan. Building a perennial contender is even if it means sacrificing a year or two to get there. Allen is a short term fix. The Pats want to think long term. I would rather have the fourth round pick.

The Pats 32nd ranked offense needs some solid moves yesterday.

The Pats can make solid moves in the draft and trades. There is still time left. Receivers like Courtland Sutton, Brandon Aiyuk, Stefon Diggs, and others have been rumored to be up for trades. Tackles like Cam Robinson and Garrett Boles are rumored to be available for trade. And the draft is loaded with receivers and tackles who are expected to be solid starters to studs.

Again, I don't want to win an extra game just because the Pats got Keenan Allen where he does little to help for the future of this team. The goal is long term, not 2024.

The Pats can make solid moves in the draft and trades. There is still time left. Receivers like Courtland Sutton, Brandon Aiyuk, Stefon Diggs, and others have been rumored to be up for trades. Tackles like Cam Robinson and Garrett Boles are rumored to be available for trade. And the draft is loaded with receivers and tackles who are expected to be solid starters to studs.

Again, I don't want to win an extra game just because the Pats got Keenan Allen where he does little to help for the future of this team. The goal is long term, not 2024.
lol

None of those players are coming here. None of them.

lol

None of those players are coming here. None of them.

They probably aren't, but you cannot say they won't. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't want to give away a fourth round pick for a 32 year old Keenan Allen.

But bad teams get top free agents every year.

while I am disappointed with the progress in free agency, I am inclined to let this off season play out. Let's see how we do in the draft, with trades and with signing late cuts just before the season starts. The hole we are in will require multiple years to climb out of.

They probably aren't, but you cannot say they won't. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't want to give away a fourth round pick for a 32 year old Keenan Allen.

But bad teams get top free agents every year.
I can say they won't.
They won't.

You let Keenan Allen go for a 4th round pick, Peoples-Jones sign for the vet minimum, Tyron Smith signs for essentially $6 million. None of them are coming here. They're not trading for anyone. Keeping that cap space to roll it over just to do the same thing again next year and year after, until Wolf becomes the fall guy. Can't wait.

The guy is going to be 32 in a month. He has played a full season just once in the last four years. He is going into his 12 season and he has a long history of injuries. He ain't going to be around much longer.

And WRs can hit the age wall hard and fast. Look how fast Randy Moss fell apart. He had 1264 yards and 13 TDs in 2009. In 2010, he had 393 yards and 5 TDs and ended up on three teams that year because he sucked so bad.

This team is going to be a 6-7 win team unless they kill it in the draft. I mean three or four starters who make an impact. This team is at least a year or two away from even competing for a playoff run. We don't even know who the QB is and even if they draft Maye or Daniels, they would be smart to sit the rookie they draft for a year.

Losing isn't part of the long term plan. Building a perennial contender is even if it means sacrificing a year or two to get there. Allen is a short term fix. The Pats want to think long term. I would rather have the fourth round pick.
Looks like the Bears are putting together an offense that a rookie QB could succeed with.

What a concept.

The Bears know that they must get better to stay on the field with the Lions and Packers. The Pat's are happy to keep it close and not ruin that 2025 draft position. Save that cap money for a rainy day. Bagdad Bob is running his team like Walmart.

Looks like the Bears are putting together an offense that a rookie QB could succeed with.

What a concept.

The Bears know that they must get better to stay on the field with the Lions and Packers. The Pat's are happy to keep it close and not ruin that 2025 draft position. Save that cap money for a rainy day. Bagdad Bob is running his team like Walmart.
Wal-Mart would be an upgrade at this point. This is Building 19 ****.

while I am disappointed with the progress in free agency, I am inclined to let this off season play out. Let's see how we do in the draft, with trades and with signing late cuts just before the season starts. The hole we are in will require multiple years to climb out of.
Well half the team is good, we just have to build a much better offense.

I can say they won't.
They won't.

You let Keenan Allen go for a 4th round pick, Peoples-Jones sign for the vet minimum, Tyron Smith signs for essentially $6 million. None of them are coming here. They're not trading for anyone. Keeping that cap space to roll it over just to do the same thing again next year and year after, until Wolf becomes the fall guy. Can't wait.
Bagdad Bob will announce thar Wolf was the GM all along just before he boots him out of Gillete.

That's the game.

Blame the GM fire him. New GM and the team is still losing. Then blame the HC and fire him. The Browns do it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back