PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats hire Ben McAdoo as Sr. Offensive Assistant

Mayes ball travel far but Mccarhtys arm is lightning.
I hope our scouts see that.
Now he played in an offense that was very much like Bill had for Mac don’t lose the game just manage the game rely on the backs don’t do too much.
But the kids upside and processing skills are off the charts, and he’s super competitive and a winner.

Who does that sound like?

Plus he’s more athletic than Drake Maye and has more size than Williams and Daniel’s.
He’s becoming the guy I saw mocks where he’s taken in the top 10.
If our scouts deem it I can accept him going at 3. Cause if you trade down too far you miss out completely.
Oh boy this is getting interesting.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Yes, JJ is Mac. I don't want either of them.

But hiring McAdoo and AVP seems to be a clue that they're getting guys known for repairing or resurrecting struggling QB's.
That is not a good sign for anyone who thinks Mac is gone for sure.

Also, Mayo is in danger of being another BB-wannabe. He's hiring ex-Giants HC disasters!

Yes, JJ is Mac. I don't want either of them.

But hiring McAdoo and AVP seems to be a clue that they're getting guys known for repairing or resurrecting struggling QB's.
That is not a good sign for anyone who thinks Mac is gone for sure.

Also, Mayo is in danger of being another BB-wannabe. He's hiring ex-Giants HC disasters!
It makes absolutely no sense to try to resurrect Mac Jones.

If Kraft is cheap like most here think he is why would he try to resurrect a guy that if successful he’ll need to pay 40M next year while you could draft a new QB and have him on the cheap for the next 4 years

It makes absolutely no sense to try to resurrect Mac Jones.

If Kraft is cheap like most here think he is why would he try to resurrect a guy that if successful he’ll need to pay 40M next year while you could draft a new QB and have him on the cheap for the next 4 years
I hope not, I'm just saying...
We have Wolf, AVP, McAdoo running the show now. It's all about economic efficiency. And they might want to prove they are better than BB. Not that they'll hitch their wagon to Mac, but I'm just saying - THEY might think keeping him as a 1-year bridge will be cheaper than a legit FA QB if they indeed get a rookie QB to groom for year 2.
And I bet they (rightly) assess that Mac has more to offer than Zappe in that regard.

Glad to hear about the talent evaluating part. Desperately need that like yesterday.

We have Wolf, AVP, McAdoo running the show now. It's all about economic efficiency. And they might want to prove they are better than BB. Not that they'll hitch their wagon to Mac, but I'm just saying - THEY might think keeping him as a 1-year bridge will be cheaper than a legit FA QB if they indeed get a rookie QB to groom for year 2.
And I bet they (rightly) assess that Mac has more to offer than Zappe in that regard.
The issue I see with this approach is the reported dysfunction in the QB room with Mac and Zappe not talking w/ each other, players being out on Mac's leadership skills, the numerous reports of Mac going outside Foxboro, etc.

Based on the above, why would you want to have Mac be the mentor of a rookie QB when he just wants to be one of the guys.

I just can't see how Mac is salvageable "in NE." Maybe somewhere else. Also, apparently McAdoo likes QBs with high ceilings. That's not Mac. Maybe that's why he was brought in, to convince FO he's not the guy and they're best moving on.

The main impediment is Mac being shopped last spring and winter and nobody showing any interest. Best I can see is to package him w/ some picks in a trade during the draft.

Kiper thinks JJ is a second round or late first round pick cause he never was asked to take over a game and put the team on shoulders.

I want to ask Mel where is the tape of Drake and Jayden putting the ball into tight windows like NFL throws.

Does anyone have tape of those two doing so.
I don’t know. JJ is hard to evaluate. Threw for under 200 6 or 7 times because of the run heavy game plans. Nothing spectacular about his film. Didn’t leave the pocket. He’s not going in the 1st round imo unless he lights up the interviews and combine. He should of bet on himself and stayed in school. With Harbaugh gone, if he’s as good as you think he is, could of made a lot of money for himself.

Back to McAddodle.

I don’t know. JJ is hard to evaluate. Threw for under 200 6 or 7 times because of the run heavy game plans. Nothing spectacular about his film. Didn’t leave the pocket. He’s not going in the 1st round imo unless he lights up the interviews and combine. He should of bet on himself and stayed in school. With Harbaugh gone, if he’s as good as you think he is, could of made a lot of money for himself.

Back to McAddodle.
JJ McCarthy does have an arm but wasn't ask to do a lot with it and the times he went deep he was slightly off most of the times. We just don't have a lot to go on but Potential I wouldn't pulled that trigger on Him 3rd overall.

Mac sucks the soul out of the rest of the team. As long as they don't mind the risk of losing the team, they could go with Mac.

Back to McAddodle.

Mac sucks the soul out of the rest of the team. As long as they don't mind the risk of losing the team, they could go with Mac.
What if AVP, McAdo are better with QB's?? I think Mayo's Team is going to be really good at WR and TE He won't wish upon a star. I think our QB's won't be throwing to scrubs this time around I think Parker - Thornton and Juju are all GOING!

What if AVP, McAdo are better with QB's?? I think Mayo's Team is going to be really good at WR and TE He won't wish upon a star. I think our QB's won't be throwing to scrubs this time around I think Parker - Thornton and Juju are all GOING!
Who would take Parker and JuJu with their contracts?

Who would take Parker and JuJu with their contracts?
Parker is only $6Mill I think: we a could work something out and eat most of Juju's in a Trade the guy sucks.

Mac Jones is one of the worst QBs ever drafted in the first round. He's better than Rosen. I'd rather have Mariota.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back