PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats hire Ben McAdoo as Sr. Offensive Assistant

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

The New England Packers? It’s interesting watching this all come together. Many of is were worried that Mayo wouldn’t have the connections. Whelp, looks like Wolfe does. Does this mean Eliot as the GM is a done deal? What do we know about McAdoo other than he was a ****ty HC? Opinions on the hire?

As OC 6 ranked offense before being named NY Giants HC.

After Buffalo Bob's circus anyone is better calling plays for NE.

The New England Packers? It’s interesting watching this all come together. Many of is were worried that Mayo wouldn’t have the connections. Whelp, looks like Wolfe does. Does this mean Eliot as the GM is a done deal? What do we know about McAdoo other than he was a ****ty HC? Opinions on the hire?
He's better behind the scenes. Awkward presence in front of the camera/media.

He was basically fine as an OC, and he's taking a job one step below that. He just flopped hard as HC, but a lot of decent coordinators aren't cut out for the top job.

Seems like a very normal hire to be honest.

He was basically fine as an OC, and he's taking a job one step below that. He just flopped hard as HC, but a lot of decent coordinators aren't cut out for the top job.

Seems like a very normal hire to be honest.

Yeah, people forget that the reason these guys get a chance to fail as a head coach is that they succeeded as a coordinator. And even guys who failed as head coaches because of their personalities (Josh McDaniels, for example), end up being decent again once they're back in the role where they made their bread.

I'm neutral on McAdoo in general. I don't think an offensive assistant moves the needle much in one way or the other. But more experience on a young coaching staff SHOULD be a positive thing.

It's building the trenches. No point having superstars all around. You need middle class workers to steady ship . And sometimes the ones with failures learn from it and are probably much better in 2nd or 3rd stint.

Glad the staff is filling out with a lot of outside influences, I dont understand why so many people are upset. Just cause you arent good enough to be an HC doesnt mean you cant coach at all.

Yeah, people forget that the reason these guys get a chance to fail as a head coach is that they succeeded as a coordinator. And even guys who failed as head coaches because of their personalities (Josh McDaniels, for example), end up being decent again once they're back in the role where they made their bread.

I'm neutral on McAdoo in general...

classic Peter Principle theory.

QB at #3 baby let’s go!

Or, worst case scenario, if two QBs go in the first two picks, and McAdoo says the guy left ISN'T a guy, you take Alt or MHJ and grab a flyer on a guy later. If he's actually as good an evaluator as this indicates, his value could be in knowing who NOT to pick, as much as it is who to pick.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back