PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats hire Ben McAdoo as Sr. Offensive Assistant

McAdoo likes the guys with high ceilings even if they aren't ready to start yet. Kind of the opposite of our last pick at QB.
Kiper thinks JJ is a second round or late first round pick cause he never was asked to take over a game and put the team on shoulders.

I want to ask Mel where is the tape of Drake and Jayden putting the ball into tight windows like NFL throws.

Does anyone have tape of those two doing so.

I like it based on that Bedard report, he can evaluate:

Who to draft
Who not to draft
A better assessment what we have in Mac

Kiper thinks JJ is a second round or late first round pick cause he never was asked to take over a game and put the team on shoulders.

I want to ask Mel where is the tape of Drake and Jayden putting the ball into tight windows like NFL throws.

Does anyone have tape of those two doing so.
This isn't a JJ slob the knob fest dawg. We're here to discuss my dude McAdoo.

Wow, just read Bedard & I’m starting to think this is the best thing the Pats have done this offseason. This guy can coach. And he wanted the Giants to draft Mahomes.

The offense might be OK, once they get some talent, with McAdoo & Van Pelt. Certainly could have done a lot worse.

Wow, just read Bedard & I’m starting to think this is the best thing the Pats have done this offseason. This guy can coach. And he wanted the Giants to draft Mahomes.

The offense might be OK, once they get some talent, with McAdoo & Van Pelt. Certainly could have done a lot worse.
We will nave to compare it to Robinson and Getsy.

Bedard generally knows his stuff and for a guy who is often pessimistic, to be clearly optimistic about this is an eye opener.

Trying to link a BR article from days after Mahomes was drafted which talks about how McAdoo wanted him and was very disappointed at how they failed to trade up.

He was confirmed to want Mahomes badly. I get Mahomes was a top 10 pick anyhow but it is still a feather in his cap that he was so high on the guy who is turning out to be the second greatest QB of all time.

Overreaction but hell if he wants Daniels/Maye or would prefer a different guy I’d very much listen to his evaluation.

Trying to link a BR article from days after Mahomes was drafted which talks about how McAdoo wanted him and was very disappointed at how they failed to trade up.

He was confirmed to want Mahomes badly. I get Mahomes was a top 10 pick anyhow but it is still a feather in his cap that he was so high on the guy who is turning out to be the second greatest QB of all time.

Overreaction but hell if he wants Daniels/Maye or would prefer a different guy I’d very much listen to his evaluation.
Hear that Wolf, Groh, Mayo, Kraft,
Let MCadoo do what he do.

Last edited:
Bedard generally knows his stuff and for a guy who is often pessimistic, to be clearly optimistic about this is an eye opener.
Plus, he spent 3 years in Green Bay in the late aughts & knows a thing or to about the inner workings of the Packers.

As OC 6 ranked offense before being named NY Giants HC.

After Buffalo Bob's circus anyone is better calling plays for NE.
More brains in the Offensive department feels like a good idea.

Did a little reading on McAdoo. This article makes it sound like he helped turn around Eli Manning into a productive QB.

"Some of McAdoo's most successful work with quarterbacks came when he was Giants offensive coordinator under head coach Tom Coughlin in 2014, and he was credited with helping quarterback Eli Manning turn things around. Manning had thrown an NFL-high 27 interceptions the prior season, but under McAdoo, Manning threw 30 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 2014 and then 35 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 2015."

Article:

McAdoo sounds like another resource for Alex Van Pelt. And hopefully he could help mentor our next QB as well.

Considering what a freaking crapshoot picking quarterback seems to be in the draft, I sort of agree with you. I would certainly let him have a big say in the decision

That's not how this is supposed work. I believe collaboration is what Mayo is selling.
I was speaking hyperbole, but I’d let the people who knows how to evaluate QBs select the QB, wherever they are coming from.

Wonder what he thinks of Mac Jones.
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back