PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak knows nothing!!

The impatience here is silly. There is absolutely zero chance this wreck of a team can be rebuilt in a year. Wasting money by acting hastily accomplishes nothing. You can only sign such free agents as are available at a reasonable price, and are willing to come here. Whining about the Krafts being cheap is just childish and asinine. They clearly are not. They are merely more adult, less wasteful and impulsive than the whiners who castigate them. Those complainers who have been greater successes than the Krafts at building and sustaining major enterprises I suppose may feel free to complain. Other need to zip it.

It's March. Content yourself with watching the fake college students bounce a ball around.

Some of us were wondering where the rebuild was starting in 2020

While some of y'all were clinging on to this idea they could rebuild on the fly.

They should already be on year 5 of a rebuild so really I would say the patience is wearing thin and not that it's impatience.

What’s great about the 2nd one is Kontra’s reply right after the initial post.

Too bad he’s gone from here. Top 5 poster.

Too bad he lost his ****. Kontra was a bright guy and a good poster for a long time, but all of a sudden he felt the need to bloviate about how tough and how successful he was, which was weird, because I never thought of him as someone who was so insecure that he needed to puff up like that. Oh well, **** happens.

It's been 48 hours since they could officially talk with players. Signings start today, more cuts and trades are on their way. There are still five weeks until the draft.

They're taking care of their business so they know what to go shopping for once the impulse/panic buying phase is over. They'll spend the money and we'll be at training camp paying $6 for a bottle of water talking about how good they look.

So far, I like who they've let go and who they've kept and their relative cap hits. It seems orderly and thoughtful. They's signed a RB, two OTs, a veteran QB, and several key defensive FAs (I'm thrilled they brought back Josh Uche and Anfernee Jennings.)

Yep, again this is right where I’m at. But It would be nice to see a couple of impact players come in over the next couple of day. At least one on each side of the ball.

I, too, like to start threads while I'm drinking.

Kudos to you for hittin it on Tuesday afternoon.
I hit @Ian with a great theory after just two drinks this week, so I feel this energy.

Last edited:
It wasn't always that way. The Sports Huddle was great back in the day.
I’ll never forget when they had an order of prune juice sent to Howard Cosell’s hotel room, or the parody commercials (“Doak-a-Cola eh?”), or the Superfoot competition which I think resulted in John Smith signing with the Pats (there would be no “Snowplow” game memory without John Smith).

The thing about the Sports Huddle is that the concept was 3 actual regular guy fans having fun and arguing about sports. It was conceived as a contrast to Guy Mainella, Clif and Claf, and Steve Fredericks who were the other radio sports talkers on at that time in the Boston market, who were “pros” and took themselves and their subject matter so seriously. I heard Eddie talking about this a long time ago and the way he put it was that they were going for a Larry Glick type show but focusing on sports instead of general entertainment like Larry did. It was a genius idea and equally well executed but by the time Eddie exited the comedy element was already out the window.

The people running radio sports talk shows have forgotten how important it is to put fun first, and I think the talkers and producers simply lack the talent to produce that type of show anymore. I don’t care to listen when it isn’t entertaining, or at least extremely informative. Their idea of fun appears to be having a squad of “celebrity callers” who are tedious and idiotic and anything but entertaining after one is obliged to sit through their one note shtick more than a couple of times. The dismal lack of comedic or informational value makes just about all of the shows out there worth listening to, particularly the absolute crapfest on the Sports Hub.

I’ll never forget when they had an order of prune juice sent to Howard Cosell’s hotel room, or the parody commercials (“Doak-a-Cola eh?”), or the Superfoot competition which I think resulted in John Smith signing with the Pats (there would be no “Snowplow” game memory without John Smith).

The thing about the Sports Huddle is that the concept was 3 actual regular guy fans having fun and arguing about sports. It was conceived as a contrast to Guy Mainella, Clif and Claf, and Steve Fredericks who were the other radio sports talkers on at that time in the Boston market, who were “pros” and took themselves and their subject matter so seriously. I heard Eddie talking about this a long time ago and the way he put it was that they were going for a Larry Glick type show but focusing on sports instead of general entertainment like Larry did. It was a genius idea and equally well executed but by the time Eddie exited the comedy element was already out the window.

The people running radio sports talk shows have forgotten how important it is to put fun first, and I think the talkers and producers simply lack the talent to produce that type of show anymore. I don’t care to listen when it isn’t entertaining, or at least extremely informative. Their idea of fun appears to be having a squad of “celebrity callers” who are tedious and idiotic and anything but entertaining after one is obliged to sit through their one note shtick more than a couple of times. The dismal lack of comedic or informational value makes just about all of the shows out there worth listening to, particularly the absolute crapfest on the Sports Hub.

I always envisioned Angelo from Everett saying to a Mass State Trooper “ Do you know who I am?” Before they carted him off for his 8th DWI.

My main gripe with Zolak ... he loves pop music.
So embarrassing .... his music taste is brutal ... loves one hit wonders.

My main gripe with Zolak ... he loves pop music.
So embarrassing .... his music taste is brutal ... loves one hit wonders.
Yeah, but he loves 80s pop music, so it sort of offsets at least a little bit. :cool:

Mayo said they would "burn" some cash, not spend it. Personally I burn firewood in the winter.

Too bad he lost his ****. Kontra was a bright guy and a good poster for a long time, but all of a sudden he felt the need to bloviate about how tough and how successful he was, which was weird, because I never thought of him as someone who was so insecure that he needed to puff up like that. Oh well, **** happens.

Sorry..I'm often out of touch. What happened to Florida Kontra??

More drinking?

That's a terrible idea, obviously I'm in

Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

Some of us were wondering where the rebuild was starting in 2020

While some of y'all were clinging on to this idea they could rebuild on the fly.

They should already be on year 5 of a rebuild so really I would say the patience is wearing thin and not that it's impatience.
That is a fair point. The blame for the delay, however, rests neither with the Krafts nor with the present new regime. It rests with Bill Belichick, whose failures, particularly at GM, were so blatant in retrospect as to seem almost perversely intentional. Good riddance to the old fool.

That is a fair point. The blame for the delay, however, rests neither with the Krafts nor with the present new regime. It rests with Bill Belichick, whose failures, particularly at GM, were so blatant in retrospect as to seem almost perversely intentional. Good riddance to the old fool.
I also think that is a faire point. Personaly, I wanted to get rid of Bill in 2020 and start over fresh. I wanted to close the book and start a new one with new heroes

I put a little on Kraft because he didn’t get rid of Bill at that time because he thought that with Bill, they could still retool the roster and keep winning.

I agree with this but I still don't think that Kraft is getting no 4 year window where everyone just accepts were in a rebuild.

He better figure it out.

I agree with this but I still don't think that Kraft is getting no 4 year window where everyone just accepts were in a rebuild.

He better figure it out.
whether you accept it or not, it’s where we are.

Still think you can have success in a rebuild before year 4 and you should.

Year 1: clean and rebuild the foundation
Year 2: be in the mix for the playoffs
Year 3: definitely be in the playoffs
Year 4: be in contention for the championship

That’s for me is a path of successful rebuild.

whether you accept it or not, it’s where we are.

Still think you can have success in a rebuild before year 4 and you should.

Year 1: clean and rebuild the foundation
Year 2: be in the mix for the playoffs
Year 3: definitely be in the playoffs
Year 4: be in contention for the championship

That’s for me is a path of successful rebuild.

Didn't we just do that? So you expect a first time coach to do something the greatest coach ever couldn't do?

Mayo isn't getting past season 2 if his first two seasons are as bad as the 2 we just had.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back