PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Harbaugh

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Maybe it’s a pipe dream at this point but to me this seems like the most logical option. If Kraft is starting over and getting rid of bill, it doesn’t make sense to hire mayo or vrabel. You might as well just keep bill in my opinion. Assuming he’s open to returning back to the league. Harbaugh has turned around every team he’s coached. He has a Super Bowl appearance as a head coach already and a winning record in the nfl. Not to mention being a newly minted national champion. To me this is a no brainer because the chargers, falcons, titans, raiders would all hire him in a heartbeat.

I think its a match made in heaven, Harbaugh has a good and stable position and is writing history in Michigan, with all due respect he isn't going to leave that to go to Atlanta, Titans, etc....the Patriots is a different story.

He's certainly receiving offers all these past years and deleting all emails, let's see now, if the Pats indeed have interest.

I think its a match made in heaven, Harbaugh has a good and stable position and is writing history in Michigan, with all due respect he isn't going to leave that to go to Atlanta, Titans, etc....the Patriots is a different story.

He's certainly receiving offers all these past years and deleting all emails, let's see now, if the Pats indeed have interest

I said it was a long shot because I’ve heard Kraft prefers someone with prior ties to the organization. When he hired bill. He was already on Parcells staff in the Super Bowl against the packers in 96. We shall see though. I think Jim would be hard to pass on especially if we use that pick on a qb he can develop.

His emphasis will be defense and running game.

People complain that Bill couldn't draft a receiver. Well here's Harbaugh's list of players drafted while he was with the 49ers -
Harbaugh draft picks

In a heartbeat

People complain that Bill couldn't draft a receiver. Well here's Harbaugh's list of players drafted while he was with the 49ers -
Harbaugh draft picks
That’s why it would make zero sense to hire mayo. This is a team who already has a good defense but the offense is completely inept.

What makes the patriots a good job from Harbaughs perspective?

Sign me up

Harbaugh is my first choice

Some other strong offensive candidate who is not a first time HC would be my second choice but I'm not sure there's another one out there.

Mayo is next. It scares the crap out of me that he has no experience but I think he's the best candidate off the Bill lineage and allows to try and continue with Bills D while rebuilding the O.

I'm not opposed to Vrabel either or even Flores.

There was a time when I would have wanted/expected Josh but he had to blow that up by going to Vegas. Had he stayed we might not have bottomed out but then we'd probably still foolishly be working with Mac. Sorry not the point. Point is Josh it blew it for himself and us choosing the wrong team.

Obviously the roster is in tough shape but I'd like to think we are one of the premium Franchises now that anyone would want to be part of.

We would get a good 10-12 years out of him. He’s only 60. Plus the chance to develop a rookie qb. This is an organization with a winning tradition

Winning franchise starting over with Cap and picks
The winning franchise is disbanded and starting over. Every aspect of winning football came in with belichick. Bob Kraft doesn’t do anything to win football games.
The history of winning does nothing for the new coach.

Obviously the roster is in tough shape but I'd like to think we are one of the premium Franchises now that anyone would want to be part of.
Why? We were a premium franchise because we won. Every piece of football operations that created that is being flushed.

We would get a good 10-12 years out of him. He’s only 60. Plus the chance to develop a rookie qb. This is an organization with a winning tradition
The organization that won is gone.
Are you telling me Bob Kraft was responsible for the success?

The organization that won is gone.
Are you telling me Bob Kraft was responsible for the success?
That’s why we’re trying to get back to winning

Harbaugh draft picks
I thought Quinton Patton would of been pretty good with the Patriots system.

I think if you put every teams draft picks out there you’d find a majority would be disappointing overall. Teams like the Ravens, Eagles and 49ers have stood out, while Houston and Dallas have had recent success.

The winning franchise is disbanded and starting over. Every aspect of winning football came in with belichick. Bob Kraft doesn’t do anything to win football games.
The history of winning does nothing for the new coach.

If they were still winning there wouldn't be a change of HC.

It's a transition phase, every huge brand has been through that, it's a good opportunity for some outsider come and fix things, put his method to prove. It's a huge challenge as well.

If Harbaugh wants to come back to the NFL there's no better opening today than the Patriots, why would he go to ****hole Atlanta? Does he like the beach and midia? maybe LA

Why? We were a premium franchise because we won. Every piece of football operations that created that is being flushed.
So the Cowboys arent a "premium" franchise by your measure?

this is a desirable job for multiple reasons:

solid albeit schizophrenic fan base
committed ownership
big market
solid core defense returning
lots of cap space; saddled with few bad contracts
#3 pic on top of plenty of other draft capital

there's both the ability to come in and put your stop on things right away, especially offense, coupled with the ability to win relatively quickly if you make the right moves

two biggest down sides are following the GOAT and dealing with Boston media.......to me that screams a) no rookie coaches b) someone with confidence and personality c) if they aren't an offensive/QB guy, they need a solid, proven OC

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back