PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If this is Bill’s last season as HC, who do you want as a replacement?

I'd like Mayo if he brought in a forward minded OC and just let him run the offense. We'd probably always have a good D with Mayo.

The problem with this theory is that if you do indeed have a good forward minded OC they will then be quickly poached to coach someone else's team.

Rather have an offensive minded guy locked up and deal with replacing the D coordinators

HC is the wrong question.
Kraft needs to talk with Bill now and inform him that he is searching for a new GM who will start ASAP hopefully by Jan. Scouting.
That GM will decide who the next HC is to be and approve OC/DC, etc. staff
Bill can make the appropriate career and lifetime decisions knowing what will happen regarding the NEP org.

Kraft needs to talk with Bill now and inform him that he is searching for a new GM who will start ASAP hopefully by Jan. Scouting.
Bill can make the appropriate career and lifetime decisions knowing what will happen regarding the NEP org.
Unless the GM is Groh or Wolf or a combination of the 2.
I feel like the Jets have had excellent drafts, the Eagles, Lions, Rams, Niners, Seahawks I would be talking to scouts on these teams for my next GM.

I think it could also be time to adopt a defensive scheme.

Nightmare scenario, Bill and Robert decide Bill stays as GM with full authority to hire a HC. Bill then hires Steven to be the next HC of the NEP, JUche style.

What solves the mental mistakes we're watching?

Talent is the biggest issue, but this team does not look disciplined.

Nightmare scenario, Bill and Robert decide Bill stays as GM with full authority to hire a HC. Bill then hires Steven to be the next HC of the NEP, JUche style.
I've been saying that for two weeks, that Bill stays on as GM or advisor.

HC is the right question. You want a GM that will work with the HC, picking the GM first may cost getting the HC you want.

I'm not claiming to know who the right HC is, but assuming the GM should be picked first is wrong IMO.

Fine to give him some figurehead advisor title as long as he has no decision making authority

whoever the new GM chooses

The GM choice will make the biggest difference over the next 5 years.

Don't know, but I don't think I want anyone currently serving on Belichicks staff. Former Belichick disciples don't exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, Now to be fair some of this can be attributed to the teams they went to, but the numbers are not flattering

Josh McDaniels 20-33

Matt Patricia 13-29-1

Joe Judge 10-23

Romeo Crennel 32-63

Jim Schwartz 29-51

Eric Mangini 33-47

Brian Flores 24-25

Brian Daboll 11-13-1

Al Groh 9-7

Bill O'Brien 52-48

For the love of god will someone create a GM poll thread with actual names. I would but believe you me…you don’t want to see my list.

That season really made me think of that anonymous "We don't need Brady we can win with any QB" quote that was floating around 5 or so years ago.

Matt Cassel would like a word with you. =D

If BB stays, I wonder what Dolphins cast-off he'll sign next year?

Not many teams tie the HC with the GM. Only San Francisco and Buffalo have that combo. LV previously had that with McDaniels and Ziegler. KC eventually did it by firing Ballard and promoting Veach after he bugged Reid into drafting Mahomes.

NE will most likely have a GM separated from the HC again since Bobby Grier/Parcells/Carroll.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back