PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel and tampering.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
There’s a little nugget at PFT right now in an article about the clock ticking on Pats and Belichick. Florio comments on how the Pats can’t make it look too obvious if Vrabel is there guy because the owner of the Titans could feel like she got bamboozled out of a coach that forced his way out to jump ship to New England. This is something that concerned me all the way back when Vrabel was in New England for his ceremony. Rumors were rampant then that the Krafts were interested in him. The whole thing just screamed drama incoming to me.

Are the Pats screwed if they hire Vrabel now? What level of proof had to be available that they tampered with a coach? What type of punishment can we expect to be leveled if there is one? If the Pats go Vrabel, it’ll be the worst kept secret in ages. A damned if they do, damned if they don’t type of situation.

Can not hire Vrabel until at least 2 external minority candidates have been interviewed.

The timing of the Pats HoF ceremony is suspicious

Last edited:
There’s a little nugget at PFT right now in an article about the clock ticking on Pats and Belichick. Florio comments on how the Pats can’t make it look too obvious if Vrabel is there guy because the owner of the Titans could feel like she got bamboozled out of a coach that forced his way out to jump ship to New England. This is something that concerned me all the way back when Vrabel was in New England for his ceremony. Rumors were rampant then that the Krafts were interested in him. The whole thing just screamed drama incoming to me.

Are the Pats screwed if they hire Vrabel now? What level of proof had to be available that they tampered with a coach? What type of punishment can we expect to be leveled if there is one? If the Pats go Vrabel, it’ll be the worst kept secret in ages. A damned if they do, damned if they don’t type of situation.
I don't know how Amy could prove she was tricked. No one forced her to fire her own coach... This seems like a big fat nothing burger to me. The Titans might whine about tampering for a brief time, but nothing will happen.

It’s only an issue if the Titans can prove it. And if it did occur then not hiring Vrabel wouldn’t make it go away, the Pats could still be punished. The Dolphins got punished for tampering with Brady while he was under contract with the Patriots and Brady ended up going to the Bucs, and the Dolphins still got punished. That being said, until there is proof, it’s merely speculation by one guy farming for clicks. Vrabel getting his red jacket and being loved by the owner of his former team isn’t proof. Florio being Florio per usual.

Tampering is a weird statement to make at this point. No one made them fire Vrabel. Belichick is still employed. Everything is predicated on Bill leaving and Vrabel being named the HC. Sounds like an effort to garner clicks with Patriot haters.

The fact that he was fired ( did not quit) with the owner naming a public statement as to the reason, negates any tampering argument
Not if it can be argued that behind closed doors he forced his way out. That’s what worries me. The rumors circling since the ceremony and now this.

I don't know how Amy could prove she was tricked. No one forced her to fire her own coach... This seems like a big fat nothing burger to me. The Titans might whine about tampering for a brief time, but nothing will happen.
If we do hire Vrabel, I hope you’re right. I’d hate to lose draft picks when we need them more than ever.

Legit issue being discussed on multiple outlets BUT, to me, Strunk ruined any case with the way she fired him.

It was also common knowledge that Vrabes and Ran Carthon weren’t working well together…she sides with the GM.

It is just Florio being Florio. The guy is the Bill Polian of sports "writers". Amy Adams is a crappy owner and I think Vrabel's comments at his red jacket ceremony here were him laying the groundwork for an exit.

It wouldn't be hard to get bent out of shape as an owner watching your head coach giving a speech in season at another franchise saying "I don’t want you to take this organization for granted. I’ve been [to] a lot of places, this is a special place with great leadership, great fans, great direction, and great coaching. Enjoy it, it’s not like this everywhere.” And then having him sitting up next to the owner of that other franchise during the game for 3 hours.

She has also been kind of a chickensh*t making Vrabel announce the firing of Jon Robinson and now only answering questions about Vrabel via the team's website reporter on a recorded video. I think she badly miscalculated his market and Vrabel will probably have a few jobs he will be a top candidate for.

Here is a good example of a somewhat more valid tampering claim, and it involves the Pats - NE filed tampering charges against the Texans when they hired Caserio:

Jack Easterby was with Houston at the time and attended NE's ring ceremony, and was seen interacting with Caserio who was employed by NE. The very next day, they fired their GM and began pursuing Caserio. NE was reported to have video evidence of the tampering.

This went nowhere and it was eventually dropped.

I don't see how Tennessee can make a stronger claim than this when they fired their own coach and would have no evidence besides "he visited them on the bye week!!! He was sitting next to Bob Kraft and he looked happy!!!"

The question for Amy Adams Strunk becomes - why did you say you fired him because you wanted to change the team culture and collaborative approach, but are upset at NE now? If NE hadn't spoken with him, you wouldn't have fired him? How does that impact your team culture and collaborative approach? It is not like Vrabel demanded his release. Multiple reports connected to TN state Vrabel did not want to be released. Her case would be DOA.

Here is a good example of a somewhat more valid tampering claim, and it involves the Pats - NE filed tampering charges against the Texans when they hired Caserio:

Jack Easterby was with Houston at the time and attended NE's ring ceremony, and was seen interacting with Caserio who was employed by NE. The very next day, they fired their GM and began pursuing Caserio. NE was reported to have video evidence of the tampering.

This went nowhere and it was eventually dropped.

I don't see how Tennessee can make a stronger claim than this when they fired their own coach and would have no evidence besides "he visited them on the bye week!!! He was sitting next to Bob Kraft and he looked happy!!!"

The question for Amy Adams Strunk becomes - why did you say you fired him because you wanted to change the team culture and collaborative approach, but are upset at NE now? If NE hadn't spoken with him, you wouldn't have fired him? How does that impact your team culture and collaborative approach? It is not like Vrabel demanded his release. Multiple reports connected to TN state Vrabel did not want to be released. Her case would be DOA.
Glad that slimy little worm is out of the league. What a conman.

Interesting theory/conspiracy.

Typical Florio

How does this effect Colin Kaerpernick’s legacy?

Empty vessels.

Amy had stated this in an interview

Yes there was, but there’s a bit of misconception about a coach’s contract versus a player’s contract,” Strunk said. “A coach’s contract — you can’t trade them unless they’re a willing partner to that trade. So yes we thought about it, but at the end of the day, with league rules the way they are, it would have maybe put us back three weeks. Honestly, to get the right head coach, I was not willing to go to the back of the line and take a chance of missing out on someone we really wanted.”

Empty vessels.

Amy had stated this in an interview

Yes there was, but there’s a bit of misconception about a coach’s contract versus a player’s contract,” Strunk said. “A coach’s contract — you can’t trade them unless they’re a willing partner to that trade. So yes we thought about it, but at the end of the day, with league rules the way they are, it would have maybe put us back three weeks. Honestly, to get the right head coach, I was not willing to go to the back of the line and take a chance of missing out on someone we really wanted.”
So this tells me that they don’t expect the team or teams who would be trading for him to be settled and ready for three weeks.
Does this not sound like the Patriots trying to move Bill?

What if BB knows that Kraft was going to hire Vrabel all along?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back