PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Multiple reports say Pats ownership prefer’s Vrabel as our next head coach

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
There are multiple recent articles that say the Patriots are looking at Mike Vrabel as
Our next head coach

I am a big Vrabel fan & I much prefer him to Mayo.

Vrabel will build his own staff & I doubt he will retain Belichick’s kids

I would be afraid that a Mayo as coach would be a continuation of our current staff.

I would never trade for him, just let him
fight his way out of Tennessee if he wants to come here.

Thoughts???

I love Vrabel and I think he's been a solid coach but no. I don't want a defensive coach who has pieced together QB with JAGs and ran the ball and won nothing of note. I want an innovative offensive minded coach and I would hate to give up any picks for Vrabel.

Multiple recent articles that sourced Volin. I'd rather wait for a real source to report on it. The "home run" thing sounds like a typical Volin embellishment and not something people actually said.

The Pats trading away a likely high first for Vrabel would be as spectacular a blunder as any move any NFL team has made at any time.

is “multiple” more than 1? Does Volin even count as 1?

I also heard that belichick might be fired fired mid season I will no longer support the team if that happens
You support the team no matter what. Players, and coaches come and go.
15 years from now it’s likely that no coach or player in the league is with the same team.

I like Vrabel but he hasn’t built a good offence in Tennessee.

I like it. He's done very well despite being handicapped by Tannehill. Players seem to like him and he's not afraid to take risks on fourth down. However if I were him I'd want to see it through with Levis right now. No way he's going to set himself up to fail with Mac Jones.

I prefer daddy too but not until BB steps away on his own.

is “multiple” more than 1? Does Volin even count as 1?
No he doesn't. Anyone who reports fake news from a fake DM shouldn't count as a source. Don't know why the Globe seems to like hiring plagiarists and other terrible sports reporters who fabricate sources or stories.

Last edited:
1. What has Vrabel won?

2. How has that offense been markedly better than the Pats?

3. Why would the Pats give up draft comp for him?

Look, I like Vrabes and find him entertaining…but I want someone who really knows offense.

I also heard that belichick might be fired fired mid season I will no longer support the team if that happens

I hear you. If we started winning games that could negatively affect our Draft status.

No thanks .. need someone from shanahan tree.. get Ben Johnson

There are multiple recent articles that say the Patriots are looking at Mike Vrabel as
Our next head coach

I would be afraid that a Mayo as coach would be a continuation of our current staff.

Thoughts???

I have thought that Vrable would be an excellent choice to replace BB. He would have to be paired with a top tier GM.

I wish Deion would change his mind about coaching in the NFL but I doubt he will.

If we move on from BB that would be one way to get FA's to want to play in NE and the effect would be right away.

Hes not the GM, he just coaches what the GM gives him.
Typically though the coach and GM are tied at the hip and the coach will have a lot input on the picks and the direction of the team

Vrabel with a proven GM and a new-blood OC would be okay.
But that's as close to the BB tree I'd want to go with coaching. We need to purge of all the re-treads.
BB & Co. worked during the dynasty. It was amazing. But its over, and needs to be re-imagined.

No thanks. Don't need someone remotely associated with Belichick to be our coach of the future. Vrabel hasn't won ****. Tannehill is an average QB, he has the best RB in football, he has had stud WR's. He's had good defenses. He's not able to keep up with the big boys.

We need a modern minded coach

Our next head coach

Thoughts???

No thanks.

However

I need to know who was behind the AJ Brown trade.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back