PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

archstanton543

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.

I read more than comment here but....

I remember reading a post years ago on one of the Jetes boards something like this: "Wait until the Brady days are over and the Pats fans will be beating each other up!"

Do you support another team in another sport that's good? I support Liverpool in soccer who is doing really well at the moment so that helps to take the attention away lol.

I dont understand why people have issues with how other people feel about a team though.

The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that
I find that very negative.

People were arguing last year that the team was that bad because the QB play stunk.

In my opinion we still have a top 10 defense. We have a new coaching staff, a new energy. It’s hard to evaluate the positive impact that it can have on the team. I know the OL on paper isn’t that great but at least this year I expect them to be coached properly. So if the staff can extract more from this OL to go from the worst OL in the league to the 20th could make a huge impact.

We haven’t played a single down of football this year. Will the Patriots make the playoff no but I wouldn’t be shock if we end up winning between 7 and 9 games.

Do you support another team in another sport that's good? I support Liverpool in soccer who is doing really well at the moment so that helps to take the attention away lol.

I dont understand why people have issues with how other people feel about a team though.
I'm not telling people how to feel but generally, fans of a team are generally positive when they talk about their team. It's usually not the durm and strang you find with Pats fans.

In the end, the rebuild will come down to how good the QB is that we draft.

Since the one we get is the leftover, what's to be negative about?

In the end, the rebuild will come down to how good the QB is that we draft.

Since the one we get is the leftover, what's to be negative about?
Josh Allen was the third QB pick in his draft. Was he a leftover?

Josh Allen was the third QB pick in his draft. Was he a leftover?

And Tom Brady was a sixth round pick.

It can happen, of course, but do you plan your life around winning a lottery ticket?

If they draft a QB, and he looks like even Mac did at his first training camp, the mood will change.

And Tom Brady was a sixth round pick.

It can happen, of course, but do you plan your life around winning a lottery ticket?

If they draft a QB, and he looks like even Mac did at his first training camp, the mood will change.
The mood will get better when a new QB is drafted regardless of what he looks like. I have never seen a fanbase not get excited about drafting a new starting QB high.

We will all be delusionally happy for a year or so regardless of the results.

"

"The Negativity In This Town Sucks"​

CELT-OBJ-CAUSEWAY-0020-01-768x1035.jpg

I'm not telling people how to feel but generally, fans of a team are generally positive when they talk about their team. It's usually not the durm and strang you find with Pats fans.
It's because of the amount of sustained success. A lot of people took it for granted. Happens with every fanbase who falls on hard times after an extended period of success.

You should see how bad Man United fans have been for the last decade. Of course I have been enjoying every moment of their misery. It's just what makes sports sports.

Agreed. There was a move or two i was a bit frustrated we didn’t make, but they need at least an offseason or two before you can really judge how its going.

I mean For all we know they might be able to fill qb/wr/LT all in the draft

It is what it is. I think being a fan before the TB/BB era seasoned some of the older fans for this drought that the team is going through. There were some pretty bad years endured. I think you have to remember that not every fan here is 40+ years old so all they know is winning and they are not taking the losing part very well. What they did is unprecedented and some fans, not all, think a rebuild happens overnight. The internet has been around long enough where people on this board range from teens all the way up to 80+ years old. Thats a lot of different views and opinions on how this team should move forward.

We’ll never see another team like the one lead by TB and BB, not like Bird or Russell, Ortiz Martinez. The new Patriots era has to find their own niche in New England sports that all fans can get behind. Winning is a culture now but it certainly doesn’t mean it happens all the time. Google how many other teams have won a super bowl or how long it has been since teams have won their last superbowl and it puts things in perspective.

The mood will get better when a new QB is drafted regardless of what he looks like. I have never seen a fanbase not get excited about drafting a new starting QB high.

We will all be delusionally happy for a year or so regardless of the results.

Right

There's nobody to be excited about currently.

I don't care how many Super Bowls a franchise has won; when the team's best offensive player is not even in the top 50 or 100 players in the league, while the coach is a defensive rookie, there is going to be a lot of negativity.

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.

I don’t agree with how far off you think they are; as the defense is really good, and almost all of the old players are gone. But I think they have to make a lot of really good moves to get the offense up to the same level. I agree with you completely on fan reaction. Mayo made a mistake saying they were going to burn cash, he was new and exited, and probably hadn’t been able to look closely at the offensive free agency, cap increase, and tags available. I also think that NE is a hard sell this offseason, but that’s commonplace when you suck. Unfortunately the fan base wants instant everything, and clearly can’t handle taking the time and right approach to building a great team. Now the front office is just going to have to stay the course, tune the fans and media out, and not give in to those who want to make a **** deal with the Bears for their failed QB. However, as much as I oppose that deal right now, if the Patriots don’t believe Daniels or Maye are going to be franchise QB’s, and the Bears go to an actual reasonable return for Fields, which is a 4th or 5th round pick, then I would make that deal, bring Fields. in for a season, decline his option and take the 3rd round compensation for him the following year. Then trade out of 3 to the Vikings for 3 first round picks +. Their 2nd round pick, and take an OT at 11, unless McCarthy is there, then load up at WR OL while slipping T’Vondre Sweat into the mix.

Since they couldn’t get their franchise QB this year, I would then look at trading up to the top of the first round next year.

Boston sports media is wretched. You had a major newspaper trying to derail a Super Bowl appearance over an unfounded rumor.

Now you have the highest rated radio shows jockeyed by smarmy a-holes who go out of their way to create nasty narratives and never ever are positive.

I'm an Everton fan, so I have misery every turn I take

Ha! My wife comes from a big sports crazy family in Cleveland and I can tell you all about their durm and strang about the Browns, going all the way back to Belichick benching Bernie Kosar in favor of Vinnie Testaverde.

We were spoiled by twenty years of greatness and have now come back to ground.

I don’t agree with how far off you think they are; as the defense is really good, and almost all of the old players are gone. But I think they have to make a lot of really good moves to get the offense up to the same level. I agree with you completely on fan reaction. Mayo made a mistake saying they were going to burn cash, he was new and exited, and probably hadn’t been able to look closely at the offensive free agency, cap increase, and tags available. I also think that NE is a hard sell this offseason, but that’s commonplace when you suck. Unfortunately the fan base wants instant everything, and clearly can’t handle taking the time and right approach to building a great team. Now the front office is just going to have to stay the course, tune the fans and media out, and not give in to those who want to make a **** deal with the Bears for their failed QB. However, as much as I oppose that deal right now, if the Patriots don’t believe Daniels or Maye are going to be franchise QB’s, and the Bears go to an actual reasonable return for Fields, which is a 4th or 5th round pick, then I would make that deal, bring Fields. in for a season, decline his option and take the 3rd round compensation for him the following year. Then trade out of 3 to the Vikings for 3 first round picks +. Their 2nd round pick, and take an OT at 11, unless McCarthy is there, then load up at WR OL while slipping T’Vondre Sweat into the mix.

Since they couldn’t get their franchise QB this year, I would then look at trading up to the top of the first round next year.
The best QB next year will be Sanders. He would be at best the 4th best QB in this class and you’ll need to have 1.1 to get him.

To me this year is the year to take a QB.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back