PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
that IS the best breakdown of a BB interview I think I've ever heard..and I don't really like Eisen that much...just wow...they nailed it

Why the Tebow hate. Guys he is in our team now.

IMHO I'm going to give him a chance to succeed. I don't get why people bash the guy. If you don't like him, that's all good but don't go on hate laced fest here. We all get that Tebow can't throw and brings a media circus with him, but that is not the reason bill brought him here. Tebow was brought in to play multiple postion and that media fan circus wouldn't happen here. If it didn't happen with Ocho, it sure as hell wouldn't happen here.

Well said, Sir. :cool:

It's not a move I would've made ~ and I'm certainly the last guy to spout "In Bill We Trust", as I despise unquestioning obedience and trust ~ but I supported the Players that Rod Rust brought in, so, yeah...I think I can bring myself to support moves made by the arguably greatest Coach in the History of the Game!!
jester.gif

Go, Tebow!! :rocker:

I have a question - If Tim Tebow was signed because, according to BB, it was in the "best interest" of the Patriots then how does Tebow help Tom Brady since the Patriots "best interest" is Tom Brady?

It's called an "Injury". :rolleyes:

Evidently you slept through 2009, but ~ believe it or not ~ Players in a Collision Sport occasionally get injured...and it is therefore in the best interests of the Club to constantly seek to upgrade their Depth of Talent.

I hope that helps. ;)

Re: Enough about Tim Tebow, what do YOU think about Tim Tebow?

Your avatar sucks.

I am gonna let you know, the instant I give a rat's @$$ what you think of my Avatar.

We're all waiting on pins and needles.

What you mean "we", white man??
spock.gif

You're the only one sobbing & squealing about my Avatar.

But, hey...Good luck with that. :)

Your avatar's inappropriateness was called to your attention by another poster in another thread citing its negative symbolism in the climate of Sandy Hook, etc., and you responded semi-thoughtfully.

Unsurprisingly your 14-year-old mind doesn't operate beyond mere lip-service and it's back to: "Hey, eff you buddy! My hero is a television gangster who kills people with guns! Deal with it!" So classy.

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with what constitutes an Avatar, before making a complete @$$ of yourself like you just did ~ what do you think?
jester.gif

Clearly, it's beyond your cerebral capacity to grasp ~ even now ~ the idiocy that I'm pointing out to you, so let me break it down at your sub-simian level:

My Avatar is Stephen from BraveHeart.

The Picture that you're evidently working yourself up into a lather about is part of my Signature.

Following along, now? :)

Great. ;)

And the Picture that Brother Nutmeg commented on ~ like a decent human being, may I add ~ was not the one currently displayed. He objected to the graphic aspect of the original Picture, and guess what?? I took his opinion into account and it ultimately helped persuade me to change it, as I have so done. So yes you are the only one rudely attacking my having the temerity to display the visage of a Dark but unmistakably heroic Character.

As for the rest of your flatulence: So sorry if the reality that it takes Violence to oppose Violence shatters your delusional World View. And I suppose I should offer my Sympathy that my simply posting a Picture of this guy ~ without a word of political commentary, mind you ~ set you off on this excremental Tantrum. :eek:

I wasn't making any political statement, but merely expressing ~ by posting his Picture ~ my Admiration for a Bad @$$ who killed about a dozen Murderers to rescue a Kid from being murdered.

If that bothers you, in any way, shape, or form, I assure you that I don't give a #$%&.

I managed to contain my sentiments to a mere visual Reference.

And I spared the rest of this Forum my tiresome Political Views.

May I suggest that you get ahold of yourself long enough to do the same? :rolleyes:

Addendum: Honestly, is it necessary for so many to attack and berate each other?? Is it impossible for so many to offer criticism or advice without being rude and arrogant about it??
spock.gif

"Your Avatar sucks." ~ especially when it's just an innocent TeleVision Character that you're attempting to insult ~ isn't exactly what I would call "initiating a mutually respectful dialogue." :rolleyes:

Constructive, respectful Criticism is always welcome, though it certainly goes without saying that we are all our own Masters, and will make of the Criticism what we wish.

But if you lack the capacity to express yourself with the respect that you presumably expect from others ~ without pontification, arrogance, or just plain rude insults ~ then I respectfully suggest you that shut your PieHole.
harumph.gif

I think I'm gonna make THIS my new avatar....

original.jpg

I think I'm gonna make THIS my new avatar....

original.jpg

What??? :mad:

1 ~ Tim Tebow prays to a God who inflicted unspeakable Violence on Sodom & Gonnoreah!! :mad:

2 ~ For that matter, Steve McQueen was a violent @#$%!! :mad:

3 ~ And don't get me started on Azatoth, the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!
harumph.gif

azathoth.jpg

Azathoth_hpl.jpg

He is a very bad boy!! :nono:

...non story!!!...it'll all die down!!!...nothing to see here!!!!...he's just going to be the THIRD QB!!!!...no one will ever think this is anything more than a 90th player on the roster move!!!....

meanwhile...in the real world, press from all over the country have gotten the Tebow Fever again....entropy...why people stick fingers in their ears and blindfold their eyes when confronted with REALITY is sorta puzzling....anyway, here's yet another front page splash..and it's just beginning...

o-TEBOW-DAILY-NEWS-570.jpg

USA Today obviously missed the memo about "non-story!!!!...dying down!!! what controversy??? all is well!!!!"....headlining their latest sports section...

b208b56e-6b8f-4c1c-9c10-2632bc010ffd-04a_ne.png

seems to be all questions that can only be answered over a significant period of time....and if anyone thinks questions like these are "going away!!!!" or "dying down!!!!" ...well....good luck with that.

USA Today obviously missed the memo about "non-story!!!!...dying down!!! what controversy??? all is well!!!!"....headlining their latest sports section...
seems to be all questions that can only be answered over a significant period of time....and if anyone thinks questions like these are "going away!!!!" or "dying down!!!!" ...well....good luck with that.

It was the first day of camp and the same day he signed. Did you expect there to be absolutely no story at all?

You need to up the dosages.

you make it sound like front page splashes across the country for a player signed to the 90th roster spot are just ho-hum nothings that will vaporize by tomorrow...OK...we'll see...I'm on the OTHER side of THAT fence

you make it sound like front page splashes across the country for a player signed to the 90th roster spot are just ho-hum nothings that will vaporize by tomorrow...OK...we'll see...I'm on the OTHER side of THAT fence

No, I make it sound like this was the first day the guy was with the team. You make it sound as if you've completely lost your mind.

you're obviously very angry at me for...well..whatever...that's OK...vent away Deus...

meanwhile I'll continue to try to chronicle what seems to be a resumption of the circus that has always surrounded Tim Tebow...in that regard, now there's a brouhaha about Tebow and his jersey number....here's the link from the NY Post...

Patriots' Belichick quickly tires at onslaught of Tebow questions

As for Tebow himself, the distractions already appear to be starting. The decision to give him jersey No. 5 -- not his usual 15, which is already taken by current Tom Brady backup Ryan Mallett -- took so long that it held up the distribution of the official mini-camp roster, a team spokesman confirmed.

Read more: Patriots' Belichick quickly tires at onslaught of Tebow questions Patriots' Belichick quickly tires at onslaught of Tebow questions

and of course Rex Ryan getting in on a ringside seat for the resumption of the circus...video interview at bottom of today's column

and last but not least, for the "what story?????" crowd....the press meets the 90th player on the Patriots roster....ho hum...business as usual...nothing to see here...they'll be gone soon....

170334707140009--415x415.jpg

Give it a little time, Joker. It will die down.

After all, it's really only been a little more than 24 hrs at this point.

I laughed through that whole presser earlier BB was mozart as usual

The only time Belichick may elaborate on anything is if you get him going on an old football story/player, or something from the older times that he obviously respects and would actually enjoy talking about. I get the sense that he could talk about some of that stuff for hours at a time.

Aside from that, he isn't going to give anyone anything...ever.

The bottom line in every question/answer is that it's done for the greater good of the team--both now and in the future. It's really that simple. Why any reporter even bothers asking him anything is beyond me, because they know what the answer is going to be ahead of time.

Give it a little time, Joker. It will die down.

After all, it's really only been a little more than 24 hrs at this point.

perhaps it will, Supa...I don't have a crystal ball ...but it NEVER died down last season in NY...a cursory search of NY Post and Daily News covers will easily delineate this for anybody willing to read through the week by week accounts of the Jets season...I lost count of the number of Tebow photos on the back covers of these NY rags by the fourth week of the season...and it just got worse and worse.

I find it curious that I'm being attacked for showing what HAS happened before and what IS happening since he was signed. This has NOTHING to do with me...it's N-E-W-S.

I sincerely hope that BB can keep a lid on this but the only way we get to find out is live through it. Jet fan lived through it last season and it ruined their season.

perhaps it will, Supa...I don't have a crystal ball ...but it NEVER died down last season in NY...a cursory search of NY Post and Daily News covers will easily delineate this for anybody willing to read through the week by week accounts of the Jets season...I lost count of the number of Tebow photos on the back covers of these NY rags by the fourth week of the season...and it just got worse and worse.

I find it curious that I'm being attacked for showing what HAS happened before and what IS happening since he was signed. This has NOTHING to do with me...it's N-E-W-S.

I sincerely hope that BB can keep a lid on this but the only way we get to find out is live through it. Jet fan lived through it last season and it ruined their season.

Thing is Joker, does any of this affect the team in anyway? They won't care about what the media are saying or the amount of coverage Tebow is getting. In fact, they're probably going to use it to their advantage. Want a story about the problems at WR shoved to the darkest recesses of the back page' Don't want Gronk or AHern's injuries being reported to any degree. Easy, stick Tebow out for a press conference - instant every other story killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back