PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some in Jayden Daniels' camp would reportedly ‘rather he not’ play for Patriots [Update: Daniels has refuted claim]

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Per WEEI, citing Phil Perry:

"What I did hear about [Jayden] Daniels is that there are those in his camp who really would rather he not come to New England," said Perry on NBC Sports Boston on Monday night. "And that's probably climate-related, a guy who grew up in San Bernardino, California, played at Arizona State and LSU, and now all of a sudden is in Foxborough, Massachusetts and [is] trying to figure things out when it's snowing and below freezing? Again I don't think that would be a concern for the Patriots, but it would be interesting to see how he would embrace the area."

"What I did hear about [Jayden] Daniels is that there are those in his camp who really would rather he not come to New England," said Perry on NBC Sports Boston on Monday night. "And that's probably climate-related, a guy who grew up in San Bernardino, California, played at Arizona State and LSU, and now all of a sudden is in Foxborough, Massachusetts and [is] trying to figure things out when it's snowing and below freezing? Again I don't think that would be a concern for the Patriots, but it would be interesting to see how he would embrace the area."

All of a sudden....

As .long as it has nothing to do with the way we handled Mac Jones.

Trade back with a cold weather team if he’s there at 3 and this is true.

He’s limiting his options a good amount if he needs to run away from the cold.

Have we heard anything out of JJs and Penix camp about not wanting to play in the cold or wanting partial ownership of the franchise?

He so badly wants to go play for Pierce in Las Vegas after their time together at ASU, but that’s quite the trade up there if he’s really going top 3.

Have we heard anything out of JJs and Penix camp about not wanting to play in the cold or wanting partial ownership of the franchise?
Don’t know about Penix, but Maye and McCarthy have both spoken positively about the Pats, and both would seem to be better equipped to play in the cold.

You know.

Football weather.

Trade back with a cold weather team if he’s there at 3 and this is true.
Was thinking Buffalo or Green Bay and they don’t even need him. lol

I heard Minneapolis is tropical this time of year…

My preference would be Maye, then McCarthy especially if it’s possible to trade down a bit and still get him.

If Daniels doesn’t want to play for us, then good, I’m not sold on him anyway. I think he’s become overrated. No one was talking about him as a first round pick until the season was just about over and this was his fifth season starting. They weren’t even talking about him being a day two pick. I think everyone saw his stats, he won the Heisman, and the hype train began. He had an elite offensive line and the best receiving corps in the country. Watching his film, he has all day to throw to wide open receivers and also threw a lot of 50/50 balls that Nabors and Thomas would come down with. If his first or second read weren’t there, he would take off running down field. He is fast and a great runner, no doubt. Although, there were things missing from his play. Mainly he wasn’t making a lot of NFL type of throws, particularly MOF type. I also don’t see him breaking tackles behind the line of scrimmage/scrambling to buy more time to throw. The kind of thing that makes Mahomes so good. His high sack rate when getting pressured backs that up and that was true all 5 of his college years.

I’d just assume trade for Fields who I think is a similar, but better prospect. Fields is only 1 year older than him. He has similar issues with taking too many sacks when pressured and runs for a lot of yards. Fields has a stronger arm, 20+ more pounds of good weight on him, and 3 years of NFL experience. He accomplished a lot more early in his college career and then went to the NFL at a young age while Daniels played two more years of college. I assume trading for Fields would take a second rounder. Then we either draft MHJ or preferably trade down a bit and pick up a tackle and then a WR early in the second.

serenity GIF

"
It would be dope,” Daniels said last Friday at the Combine when asked about potentially playing for the Patriots. “Obviously, growing up and seeing what Tom Brady did, six Super Bowls, that's tough to live up to. But that'd be dope to come in there, [after] seeing the success they've had, and help them get back on track."

Daniels said that ^ in the article.

Yeah, my preference would be to be somewhere warmer, too. Yet here we are.

Big deal, someone in his camp doesn't like the cold. Brady didn't know where New England was. Lawyer Milloy didn't know where Massachusetts was. It's sports radio stirring up chit.
Ariana Grande Finger Guns GIF

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back