PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jayden Daniels - "intent" on playing for Patriots?

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this on Reddit earlier. In Evan Silva's latest mock draft, he posted a snippet that claims Daniels is "intent" on playing for NE:

3. Patriots – LSU QB Jayden Daniels

2023’s Heisman winner, Daniels led the nation in both yards per pass attempt (11.7) and yards per rushing attempt (8.4). 31-year-old fifth-team journeyman Jacoby Brissett would be New England’s starter if the season began today. Daniels is rumored to be intent on playing for New England after Daniels’ meetings with Washington didn’t go as smoothly.

Then after this went out, it was picked up by the usual folks on Twitter, including Savage who re-packages stuff like this. Interestingly, Daniels responded to this tweet and didn't exactly refute it:

What do you all make of this? It could be nothing, but Jayden's response has me curious.

I for one am on board. The kid is dynamic. Definitely keep some plays alive with his legs. It’s not our fault we up in the nord and most players come from the south. Deal with it.

but but but nobody wants to come to new england

Saw this on Reddit earlier. In Evan Silva's latest mock draft, he posted a snippet that claims Daniels is "intent" on playing for NE:

2023’s Heisman winner, Daniels led the nation in both yards per pass attempt (11.7) and yards per rushing attempt (8.4). 31-year-old fifth-team journeyman Jacoby Brissett would be New England’s starter if the season began today. Daniels is rumored to be intent on playing for New England after Daniels’ meetings with Washington didn’t go as smoothly.
Then after this went out, it was picked up by the usual folks on Twitter, including Savage who re-packages stuff like this. Interestingly, Daniels responded to this tweet and didn't exactly refute it:

What do you all make of this? It could be nothing, but Jayden's response has me curious.

That’s a level headed response which speaks well of him and seems to be a positive answer for us.

He's as good as any option we have. Only knock is his age (being thin isn't really - look at Brady, Brees, Cunningham - perfect comp)
But truth is, he could start later this season. If it was Maye, not likely.

Well, it's on the internet so it must be true - which confuses me as my FB feed is full of draft BREAKING NEWS where the next one contradicts the first one almost without fail.

"Daniels is rumored to be intent on playing for New England after Daniels’ meetings with Washington didn’t go as smoothly."

I was unable to find any corroborating evidence that "Daniels' meetings with Washington didn't go smoothly".

I am now firmly in the camp of "April 25 cannot get here soon enough".

A couple of thoughts on Daniels.

1. this tweet could be real, or just more disinformation designed to move the needle and influence either betting odds or how other teams approach the draft.

2. It is my belief that "escapeability" is different from QB running ability. Daniels is a 1000 yd rusher who was a very successful QB rusher. But I question his escapability which I define is the ability to avoid the rush, in order to pass. This is what Mahomes does so well.

3. I am less concerned about Daniels' slight frame. The guy played 2 years in the most physical conference in the country and came away healthy. It's not that I'm NOT concerned about it, but just less so.

4. Maye is still my first choice, but Daniels would be one HELL of a consolation prize and not one to be passed up.

Well, it's on the internet so it must be true - which confuses me as my FB feed is full of draft BREAKING NEWS where the next one contradicts the first one almost without fail.
Just look at the live feed on here. "Cost to move up makes patriots trade at #3 highly unlikely." Followed by the next article "Giants a likely trade partner for the Patriots at #3."

want him over drake maye... so I'd be down

and if there really was a bad interview in DC, then it might really tilt the field in our favor... any word on how Maye's interview in DC went? that might be telling as well.

want him over drake maye... so I'd be down

and if there really was a bad interview in DC, then it might really tilt the field in our favor... any word on how Maye's interview in DC went? that might be telling as well.
He is meeting with DC this week.

I for one am on board. The kid is dynamic. Definitely keep some plays alive with his legs. It’s not our fault we up in the nord and most players come from the south. Deal with it.
He's going to bust, and he'll bust harder if he ends up playing in a northern climate.

If Daniel’s meeting with DC didn’t go well that could be a red flag to us?
Maybe they asked a tough question and he didn’t respond well,
Maybe they wanted to see how he would respond about questions about his durability or arm strength,

It Was takes Maye first off Efff you Ryland.
Second I’m running up with JJ Mccarthy’s name.

Daniel’s may fall to 4 and we will see how many teams are itching for that spot.

The interview was so bad that commanders are having him in for a visit today. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If Daniel’s meeting with DC didn’t go well that could be a red flag to us?
Maybe they asked a tough question and he didn’t respond well,
Maybe they wanted to see how he would respond about questions about his durability or arm strength,

It Was takes Maye first off Efff you Ryland.
Second I’m running up with JJ Mccarthy’s name.
I really don’t get it with McCarthy. Kid was on no one’s first round projection until his coach - who stands to gain the most if JJ goes in the top 4 - started yapping about him.

If Harbaugh believed what he said, he’d trade Herbert and grab the kid.

I just don’t see it with JJ.

That said, Wolf reportedly loves him and he knows more than I do.

Click bait dudes going #2 overall.

Hopefully Wolf and the staff are putting these QBs thru the ringer .

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back