PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jayden Daniels - "intent" on playing for Patriots?

I've said it before, but ok, he doesn't have a very strong arm, and to me, a lot of the plays that were highlight reel stuff in college will be turnovers in the NFL. And then there's the whole running QBs that are skinny thing.

Edit: Oh, and I don't expect his arm strength will play well in a game in Foxboro in December.
We shall see …

"Daniels is rumored to be intent on playing for New England after Daniels’ meetings with Washington didn’t go as smoothly."

I was unable to find any corroborating evidence that "Daniels' meetings with Washington didn't go smoothly".

I am now firmly in the camp of "April 25 cannot get here soon enough".

Same here. At this point I think the decisions on the 2nd and 3rd picks are far more interesting.

Haven’t seen much “tape” from him that looks anything more than basic.

He can heave a ball in shorts, sure, as could another fast and late climber from 2020.

Haven’t seen much “tape” from him that looks anything more than basic.

He can heave a ball in shorts, sure, as could another fast and late climber from 2020.
You havent looked very hard then.

I really don’t get it with McCarthy. Kid was on no one’s first round projection until his coach - who stands to gain the most if JJ goes in the top 4 - started yapping about him.

If Harbaugh believed what he said, he’d trade Herbert and grab the kid.

I just don’t see it with JJ.

That said, Wolf reportedly loves him and he knows more than I do.

I gotta be honest, I really have no clue what Wolf knows. I just hear his name and see him move up the ladder of the FO.

Wait, what the hell does he know?! (I'm actually kinda serious; is there a good rundown of his accomplishments/moves?)

I gotta be honest, I really have no clue what Wolf knows. I just hear his name and see him move up the ladder of the FO.

Wait, what the hell does he know?! (I'm actually kinda serious; is there a good rundown of his accomplishments/moves?)

Until they are in charge of making decisions it’s impossible to evaluate their input, as those above them get the credit and the blame. What we do know about Wolf is that’s he’s been at this from a really young age; as Belichick was. Those who have worked with him think highly of him. And we know that he was the one who traded for Barmore. We know that because Belichick sad it after that Draft. By we will know much much more about Wolf 2-3 years from now. I think he was a great choice to lead this franchise, and we will be really happy about having him here.

Drake Maye will not be available at 3.

Shefter is unlikely to go so far out on a limb with the Daniels prediction without a very good source. The guy is extremely well connected.
I believe he is spot on. Most scouts and QB whisperers have Daniels consistently rated higher than Maye.
It will come down to Maye or McCarthy for the Pats at 3.
Even if Daniels was in fact "intent" on playing for the Pats...he has no say in the matter.

I wouldn’t read too much into this report. Outside of Eli and Elway, draftees really can’t dictate where they go. Daniels can be”intent” on playing wherever he wants, but he doesn’t have control over who drafts him.

He has a good chance of landing in NE…that’ll be Washington’s and/or NE’s choice.

I would way prefer that the Patriots trade down and address their many roster holes. It is a great year for WRs and LTs; it would be a shame to miss out on some of these blue chips and gamble on QB at 3. However if Daniels were to fall, I might be tempted to take him at 3; his speed is incredible, but I don't know about his pock elusiveness which is more important.

If the Patriots skip the WR/LT blue chips and gamble on a QB at 3 and he flops (which is possible considering that he will not have any supporting cast), then it will set the organization back for years.

The random scouts and GMs in that Athletic article say some eye opening things about Maye versus Daniels.

Consensus is that Daniels is far ahead of Maye.

Yikes

You havent looked very hard then.
Maybe I just missed that “special” video. A link would be helpful.

I’ve come at this very openly regarding my personal opinion. I don’t know 1/100th what Wolf knows. I’m trusting his picks until he shows me I shouldn’t.

But again, I’ve seen nothing of JJ that’s special. Williams? Yes. Daniels? Yes. Maye? Yes. Penix. Yep.

Nix? Nope.

Red Flag Japan GIF by MotoGP™

I’ve been reading draft rumors for weeks and nobody will know anything til the day of the draft.

I’m mentally preparing for Maye,Daniels,McCarthy, I don’t think we’ve spent much time with Nix or Pennix or Rattler.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back