PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I am not even a Tebow fan and I am a huge proponent of carrying only 2 QBs since the roster spot can be used elsewhere. TB is never coming out of games. 2 QBs has been fine.

But TB showing wear in the playoffs is getting old. I would like to see them stretch out his health a little bit. Not saying Tebow is the solution....

Its a 90 man roster and they took a flyer on Tebow. If they gave him guaranteed money, let him do long pressers, or names him the number 2 I can see people having cause for concern.

Its a free tryout with nothing to lose. Who cares.

The only "circus" on this thread is from the posters who are attacking Tebow for no good reason while claiming that Tebow will bring a circus.

In other words, YOU are the circus. If you don't like the circus, stop posting on the topic.

Can't have a circus without clowns and can't have clowns without them wondering why there is always a circus around.

Another good one.

downloader.php

Wallace Stanzi Nassib Hoyer Wilson ... (Pryor, lol). Seriously, it's so completely ridiculous to be defending Tebow as 'the best 3rd QB in the league' that we should really just stop.

e: Al Davis

What's ridiculous is your posting on this topic.

Not that anyone asked me, but here are the Top 5 reasons why the Tebow signing makes sense, in my humble opinion:

1. It may create at least one/two more roster spots on the all-important 53 man roster:

Tebow’s positional versatility may help to eliminate the need for a short yardage RB5, a TE4-5, or even an additional QB3. On top of that, we see a number of STOP on the roster in terms of maybe an extra wedge blocking LB etc...

Never underestimate the need to put the best 53 players on your roster every year, and by adding a player with such versatility, Tebow may also be contributing to keeping an extra player or two who may have not made the team otherwise

2. He will provide a scout team QB in practice to help prepare for the “newer” option style attacks that we’ve seen lately from guys like RG3, Kaepernick, and Wilson. This is a very important aspect that will be overlooked by many, and will help to prepare the defense in practice when they face these kinds of attacks in week to week gameplanning

3. It is a very low cost/low risk move for a player who recently was picked in the 1st round of the NFL draft. By choosing to wait until the hype died down, the team will get him for pennies on the dollar

4. There will be zero QB controversy with Brady running the show and pure pocket passer Ryan Mallett waiting in the wings as the backup. In NY things were much different with the “when will Tebow start” controversy that ensued from week to week. I don’t think too many people will be expecting Tebow to see much action throwing the ball—until they play the Pittsburgh Steelers when the gameplan will quickly turn to “let Tebow loose and watch him air it out for 300+ yds”

5. The circus-like atmosphere that came with him to NY was brought on by the Jets themselves, who last I checked were not too bright...they wanted the attention that came with the move, to not only help sell tickets, but to also create some fire under Sanchez’s ass in terms of motivating him. That will not be an issue in N.England, outside of the initial questioning that may come within the next week or two. They tend to run a bit of a tighter ship with what they allow their players to say, and how they approach their media access

I think this kid has a lot to offer in terms of being a high character guy who is a proven leader just about wherever he's been. Just because the NYJ didn't use him properly doesn't mean that "he's done," etc.

I like the idea of Belichick giving him another chance, and I like the potential rewards that we can obtain in this move.

Agree with everything you've said here, it's pretty much my thinking as well. Two things I'll add as a compliment to the above.

1. Apparently BB really likes Tebow as a "football player" which gives credence to Tebow's potential as a end of roster jack of all trades.

2. I might have missed it, but haven't seen it mentioned. One of those new breed QB's you mentioned just came into the
East in EJ Manuel. He's a QB we've never played against and Tebow is a similar type. He adds some value for that alone.

Kurt Warner threw wobbly spirals all the way to three superbowls, winning one.

Clearly a tight spiral is not a prerequisite for any sort of success in this league.

Mr. Warner had a ridiculously quick release and made good reads. Tebow doesn't even have a release.

what possible circus could anyone be talking about???

HOGWASH!!!

0ap1000000058124.jpg

BB wasn't laughing today. You know more about running a football team?

Nope, and I actually think BB will do something useful with Tebow because he's a great coach and that's what he does (doesn't anybody read the thread or will I have to keep saying this?). Tebow is still a terrible quarterback but it will be interesting to see if he gets better in the perfect environment for learning how not to be a terrible quarterback.

Never realized until today what amazing potential Kafka had ...

Kafka could be pumping gas right next to most people here and they would not know who he was.

Sounded like complaining to me.

Read my posts in this thread - it's pretty clear I'm not complaining. I am, however, having a lot of fun at Tebow's (and his rabid defenders') expense.

Stop saying it's a circus... it's a soap opera...

You get him in here or so help me God reel II from the handheld goes straight to ESPN faster than you can say Julian Asange
big_josh-mcdaniels01.jpg

Fine. but if he won't long snap these are going straight up your...

bill_belichick1.jpg

Think back to when you were younger, Bill... maybe even you were a little goofy, a little too confident...
Bill-Belichick-auditions-role-of-Arnie-Grape.jpg

Finally... somebody understands my value in this league... I mean your value, Lord...

pg2_g_ttebow1_576.jpg

What diabolical hold does Josh have over Bill?
Can either of them stomach Tim's mechanics?
Tune in all summer... to Patriot Place

Nope, and I actually think BB will do something useful with Tebow because he's a great coach and that's what he does (doesn't anybody read the thread or will I have to keep saying this?). Tebow is still a terrible quarterback but it will be interesting to see if he gets better in the perfect environment for learning how not to be a terrible quarterback.

Well that is the best post you have made in a while here. And that is the key. This system has taken ok players and turned them into very solid players. Perhaps it can take a sucky QB and turn him into s serviceable QB who just needs to be backup. Anything over that (like him becoming halfway decent QB) is a bonus. For the record I think TT is already a suitable 3rd QB.

It has been pointed out in other threads that TT took a craptastic team and turned them around. Obviouly the guy has a little talent somewhere.

All the other stuff that BB can get out of his is another bonus. Special Teams, Goal Line whatever, scout stuff etc.

Plus he costs nothing and is a positive locker room guy.

Compared to the drively you've been posting, it certainly was.

Yes, you're right, Tebow and his 50% completion rating really is pretty awesome! I see the error of my drively now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back