PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things moved fast in this thread and when I think something I wrote is good I'm an attention whore. So here's me quoting me for anybody who missed it. I love me some me.

That is still the best post in this entire thread by miles LOL

Things moved fast in this thread and *when I think something I wrote is good* I'm an attention whore.

No need to qualify that statement, Brother Old Dominion: We're all Attention Whores. :D

Icarus?...oh...right...the headless horseman, Icarus Crane...
doh.gif

Re: Dummies

I ,too, would like to address one of my earlier posts...I posted this .jpg and mistakely attributed it to Prometheus-bow....

09_21_12_pm2.jpg

I made a mistake...the mythical being I should have attributed allegorically to Tebow rolling this giant tire is Sisyphus, a figure of Greek mythology who was condemned to repeat forever the same meaningless task of pushing a boulder up a mountain, only to see it roll down again.

My mistake...not that any of you mopes were likely to catch it.......Joker arrogantly stalks away from this topic on way to Ahern- Case Law For Dummies thread......
beatdeadhorse5.gif

Kind of thought you went a different direction with the Prometheus comment.

The-Prometheus-Engineers.jpg

Re: Dummies

.the mythical being I should have attributed allegorically to Tebow rolling this giant tire is Sisyphus, a figure of Greek mythology who was condemned to repeat forever the same meaningless task of pushing a boulder up a mountain, only to see it roll down again.

My mistake...not that any of you mopes were likely to catch it....

scouring this board for errors and pointing them all out would be a Sisyphusian task...

I see Tebow as more of a backup to Edelman than Brady/Mallet.

I miss this being the busiest thread in the forum. The new busiest thread sucks way, way worse.

I miss this being the busiest thread in the forum. The new busiest thread sucks way, way worse.

I agree, because a lot of lawyer and detective wannabies are polluting it with their half-****ed arguments and laughably wild speculation as to how AH could be totally innocent.

Plus a lot of people (including yourself I think) that can't quit repeating ove and over "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!" (duh!), "there may be absolutely nothing to this-lets just wait and see!", then trashing those who have already seen enough to know that Hernandez isn't the type of guy they want to root for, and that his epic-scale stupidity is going to end up costing the Pats on the field this season.

I agree, because a lot of lawyer and detective wannabies are polluting it with their half-****ed arguments and laughably wild speculation as to how AH could be totally innocent.

Plus a lot of people (including yourself I think) that can't quit repeating ove and over "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!" (duh!), "there may be absolutely nothing to this-lets just wait and see!", then trashing those who have already seen enough to know that Hernandez isn't the type of guy they want to root for, and that his epic-scale stupidity is going to end up costing the Pats on the field this season.

Truth is, we don't know the outcome yet. If the cost is that a thread dies, wahhhhh. Better a couple of internet lawyers (or actual lawyers, on the internet,) explain alternative possibilities and a thread die, than a bunch of internet gnomes play judge and jury with no access even to the facts and circumstances of the case.

I think everybody remembers when the NY Post published these big internet detective pictures with arrows and circles and whatnot superimposed pinning the Marathon bombing on the wrong guys. You want to be the NY Post? I don't.

The null hypothesis is that he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time, here in America.

Don't like it, move to Iran.

All that said, duh, of course it "doesn't look good." But step away from the keyboard for a minute, take a deep breath, and have a little patience for the bad news.

I agree it looks very unlikely that Hernandez isn't involved. And even if he isn't, this story's bad news, not good news. Yay, we all get that. Woo hoo! Bad news!

We just don't know the level of bad news yet.

People who "have seen enough to know" and want to raise that to the level of a virtue deserve a harsh word or two from the rest of us. It's a country of laws, and if we can wait a year and some months to try George Zimmerman, we can wait a few days before we claim to know the outcome of the Hernandez story.

And by the way -- you understand that saying "you've seen enough to know what happened" without access to the evidence is, in fact, "wild speculation," right?

Brother John Cleese ~ and Friends ~ weigh in:

2b2b9868-3355-403c-b938-1ac0e19f70fd.jpg

Truth is, we don't know the outcome yet. If the cost is that a thread dies, wahhhhh. Better a couple of internet lawyers (or actual lawyers, on the internet,) explain alternative possibilities and a thread die, than a bunch of internet gnomes play judge and jury with no access even to the facts and circumstances of the case.

I think everybody remembers when the NY Post published these big internet detective pictures with arrows and circles and whatnot superimposed pinning the Marathon bombing on the wrong guys. You want to be the NY Post? I don't.

The null hypothesis is that he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time, here in America.

Don't like it, move to Iran.

All that said, duh, of course it "doesn't look good." But step away from the keyboard for a minute, take a deep breath, and have a little patience for the bad news.

I agree it looks very unlikely that Hernandez isn't involved. And even if he isn't, this story's bad news, not good news. Yay, we all get that. Woo hoo! Bad news!

We just don't know the level of bad news yet.

People who "have seen enough to know" and want to raise that to the level of a virtue deserve a harsh word or two from the rest of us. It's a country of laws, and if we can wait a year and some months to try George Zimmerman, we can wait a few days before we claim to know the outcome of the Hernandez story.

Whatever. Kneejerk much yourself? It's quite obvious that Hernandez is done, at least for a year, and there's no need for you to get on some sort of bizarre soapbox over someone expressing frustration after wading through hundreds of posts that contain nothing more substantive than a zombie-like mantra of "he's innocent until proven guilty", as if others who are criticising Hernandez somehow never heard of such a legal concept. :rolleyes: The amount of denial that's been going on here over these developments has just been mind-boggling.

Whatever. Kneejerk much yourself? It's quite obvious that Hernandez is done, at least for a year, and there's no need for you to get on some sort of bizarre soapbox over someone expressing frustration after wading through hundreds of posts that contain nothing more substantive than a zombie-like mantra of "he's innocent until proven guilty", as if others who are criticising Hernandez somehow never heard of such a legal concept. :rolleyes: The amount of denial that's been going on here over these developments has just been mind-boggling.

Would love to argue about what all is wrong with that Hernandez thread, but doing so in this one would turn it into yet another Hernandez thread and there are already enough of them. :)

If he can learn to catch and block -- which I think is a possibility (not a definite); then he'll get plenty of playing time.

As far as the "AHern is innocent until proven guilty" crowd -- the only people that need to think that way are the judge and the jury.

The prosecutor and police don't think that way. The public doesn't have to. And all 'facts' show that the police believe he is involved; hence I believe the police

There has been a great deal of irony in your posts.

There has been a great deal of irony in your posts.

Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Welp, now that we've swapped points of view we can mutually marginalize as "bizarre," we can call it a day. I'll comfort myself that mine is the fundamental principle of American jurisprudence, yours the stuff of... well, see OTG's pictorial commentary.

Probably on the football side, Hernandez is at best a distraction in pads, more likely a non-presence for the season.

Jake Ballard, Michael Hoomanawanoui, Daniel Fells, Zach Sudfeld, Brandon Ford... the world is your oyster.

So besides AHERN being charged with murder

The next 5 or 6 months, the Pats can expect the following

1. Wes Welker catching TDs from Peyton Manning
2. Danny Amendola getting shipped to Beth Israel after suffering a season ending injury while cooking breakfast
3. Chad Johnson picking up trash on I-95 for community service
4. Gronk comes back in Week 9ish ...plays the Bills and scores 3 TDs to make us think he's back even though we don't need him for that game, we need him for Baltimore/Denver/Frisco which he's not going to be around for
5. Julian Edelman concussed while sneezing
6. Deion Branch reading the Bible with Tebow,
7. Aaron Dobson rookie of the year:D

Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Log? I think you meant to say forest.

And on a related Tebow note, I find it hypocritical of our Belichick-hating reporters to unequivocally state that Tebow was only signed out of the sheer arrogant hubris of Belichick trying to prove to the rest of the NFL he can do what they cant -and not because the kid is a high character, hard working player.. -and yet they crucify Belichick for having taken a chance on a player with character issue concerns in the fourth round.

If you aren't going to applaud the high-character Tebow signing, then you can't criticize Belichick for the questionable-character Hernandez signing.

The only thing character related that the Patriots should be criticized for is what they do with Hernandez once the facts are actually out.

Yes it looks like he is guilty of obstruction of justice but there is little I trust and respect less that today's media and sensationalist, attention hungry reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back