Panthers players claim that Moss shut it down [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Panthers players claim that Moss shut it down

Not enough consensual horseplay ... he's too uptight.:confused:
I'm sure you could relax him... :rolleyes2:

I'm sure you could relax him... :rolleyes2:

I've been screwed my whole life ... I'm way too loose in the goose.

Hmmmmm, opposing players are saying it. Fox color man and former NFL player Moose Johnston is saying it.
Hmmmm.......perhaps it's true??
Moss is a quitter, a lazy player, a pouter???
It's so nice to have company on the Randy Moss reality tour for a change. It's been a lonely place for me in recent years.
Care to join us fellow Patriot fans?? ;)

Lonely? cant Borges, Felger,Florio,Ryan,Shank,and Moose Johnston, keep you company? I am a Pats fan have been thirty years and it seems to me that a lot of my compatriots aint happy unless they are *****ing about something. Some of you want Moss to be a problem,want Brady to be injured, want BB to be embarrassed and it just boggles my fuggin mind. Some of you contrarians are the reason the rest of us Boston sports fans have to put up with jerks like Ryan, Shank, Borges and Felger because the media knows a good percentage of area fans are miserable people who hate life.

My grandfather and truthfully my mother are miserable people who hate life and hate themselves they look for the negative in everything and everyone and it pains me to be around them because I can literally feel my lifeforce being drained by their negativity, and thats how I feel about this site right now. The team that has bought me the most joy is going through a rough patch but they are still 8-5 and everyone acts like they personally crapped in the floor at their birthday party. Not to sound like a dirty hippy but damn people look at Cleveland. Their football team was the real inspiration for the term Cleveland steamer. Their waterheaded corky of an owner just about tripped over his own feet racing to throw money at Eric Manweenie. And they aint half as negative as us. Bob Kraft and BB have given us something to root for lets give this team the benefit of the doubt lets support this damn team just a little please. The stadium feels like an opera half the time its disgusting.:mad:

The guy is hurt. Real simple. Bad back. Tough to perform in that crappy weather with a bad back.

Are all of you Moss apologists SURE Moss has the heart of a champion???"

Your so called "apologists" are not pointing out fantasy football stats but rather the only true measure of a receiver's abilities - production. You can call the guy whatever you want, but much like wins and losses, the numbers do not lie. Cue the Mattingly/Boggs/A-Rod analogies - huge numbers, but no defining games. The fact is this guy without a "heart of a winner" caught the go ahead score in the last championship game. He also kept catching balls last year with a raw QB unlikely to lead the team to a title. If he were a quitter or defeatist, he probably wouldn't have done so.

Are there always plays that could be executed better? Of course there are. But your "heart of a champion" standard sounds a little subjective - it sounds like you don't like Moss. If that's the case, enjoy your opinion. Moss was never known for blocking (although he did block for Welker today), nor for running inside routes (he has worked on that since joining the Pats - a skill no true prima donna would want because it isn't glamorous). Do players with a "heart of a champion" have off days? Does Brady have that heart, or does he also lack heart in your opinion? He has bad days too.

Last edited:

This game plan obviously worked well for the Panthers in their great win today :p.

He was throwing a lot of good blocks ... even on the Maroney runs to the side. He's not exploding off the snap and he's playing very upright. His back is an issue still for him ... probably is not going to get better anytime soon IMO.

In fairness to Moss he either had Edelman on the other wide position or he had Stanback. Usually when Stanback was in it was a run for Maroney. The safety was always leaning to Moss's side when Julian was in there.

Hate to say it but if Belichick made 1 mistake this year it was letting Galloway go ... at least Joey helped keep the safety honest for Moss if nothing else.

Was going to say basically the same thing abt Galloway, but thought it would sound too ridiculous. :)

I don't buy the "Randy Moss is dogging it" crap and am convinced that Moss is hurt to the extent that it's seriously afftecting what he's able to do on the field. Watson saved our ass today and needs to step it up bigtime b/c all we have right now is an aging and hurt Randy Moss in there as a decoy so that Welker can get the sh!t knocked out of him as our only real option in the passing game.

Again I'm calling BS on Belichick and the FO for leaving us without a #3. Never thought I'd say it, but Aiken coming back will be nice.

The guy is hurt. Real simple. Bad back. Tough to perform in that crappy weather with a bad back.

And yet he is not on the injury report?

Meanwhile everyone else on the team is including Brady with 43 injuries.

Sure, blame it all on Moss, but ignore reality when you do.

OK - I am going to defend the Patriot passing game, we have two great receivers ( I submit Moss is hurt, but ignore that for the purpose of this passing game review).

We have a really banged up QB........possibly playing on pain killers or injections that cannot leave him at his best mentally and physically.

We have a sometimes decent pass catching tight end.......

Kevin Faulk is as good as it gets and a he brings with him a great screen game except that it is not so great when their best pulling guard is inactive due to injury.

# 3 - Sam Aiken, a career special teams guy and HE is inactive due to injury.

#4 - Edelman A rookie playing with a cast or at least serious protection on his right arm.

#5 - Isiah Stanbach .....nice kid, but is there a defense in the NFL or CFL scared of him??

# 6 - Matt Slater - 2nd year special teams guy.

But that's OK - blame it all on Randy Moss.

Panthers 20 - Randy Moss 10....oh wait....:D

Because if anyone knows about shutting it down early, it'd be the Carolina Panthers :p

But yeah, Moss didn't play well. I really hope it's due to injury and not attitude. He really hasn't battled for jump balls over the past few weeks, and I can't imagine BB leaving him out there if it's an attitude thing.

It is unconfirmed, but i heard Moss has something big going on in his personal life.

Luckily, they'll be able to spend the playoffs playing in warmer stadiums, so all should be a-ok.

It is unconfirmed, but i heard Moss has something big going on in his personal life.

I was thinking that might make more sense even than the injury thing. I mean, lot's of people have crap going on and still do their jobs, but it's been a tough month at work too.

I've been screwed my whole life ... I'm way too loose in the goose.
:eek: TMI!

200.jpg

What team loses by double digits and says an opposing player quit on them? People should be criticizing CAR for saying that. It's very odd

Imagine if the Pats lost by 10 to Indy and said Dallas Clark quit on them. Media apocalypse

I don't disagree with the Panthers claims about shutting it down at times, but they certainly continued to double Moss. It was quite apparent and not just "early in the game". If he was shutting it down to the level they claimed, maybe they would have been better served to give him single coverage?

What team loses by double digits and says an opposing player quit on them? People should be criticizing CAR for saying that. It's very odd

Imagine if the Pats lost by 10 to Indy and said Dallas Clark quit on them. Media apocalypse

It's always funny that some people rather believe the media (Randy Moss isn't a team player, he quits, he dogs it) rather than his peers (voted as team captain by his teammates). The media sucks

They had a close up on his face and he didn't look good. Maybe he's sick.

What we need to do is develop our game without Moss and enhance his effectiveness. There's no sense sending him into the middle of the field to get pouned on by three guys, or telegraph every time he goes deep so he ends up being hit by everyone but the popcorn vendor.

Running game looks good, we could always use faulk more watson looks good and we need yo develop one of Edelman/Aikens/Stanback to make teams pay for the overplay.

Randy's not getting any younger, but he still can amaze on any given play. I was a naysayer, but i have nothing but respect for the guy. He's played almost every down of every game and his routes are long. Appreciate what you've got fans, for one day he will be gone.

This is what I see from my living room. Right from the huddle, without even seeing the personnel on the field, just by Moss' moves around the huddle, I know it is a run. If I can call it from there with such success, I wonder if someone from the opposing teams have not picked up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News