PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers players claim that Moss shut it down [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Panthers say Moss "shut it down" - Extra Points - Boston.com

Randy Moss finished today with a single, 16-yard catch, which led to a fumble. Brady's interception was intended for Moss.

And if you asked the Panthers what their gameplan was, it's simple. They helped whoever was covering Moss early on in the game with a safety. Then, once he was frustrated, they no longer needed to. Because by then, it was Game Over for No. 81.

"We knew he was going to shut it down," Panthers corner Chris Gamble told me after the game. "That�s what we wanted to do him. That�s what we did. ... He�d just give up a lot � Slow down, he�s not going deep, not trying to run a route. You can tell, his body language."

Interesting and worrisome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Re: Panthers players claim that Moss shut it down

Because if anyone knows about shutting it down early, it'd be the Carolina Panthers :p

But yeah, Moss didn't play well. I really hope it's due to injury and not attitude. He really hasn't battled for jump balls over the past few weeks, and I can't imagine BB leaving him out there if it's an attitude thing.

IF that makes them feel better...

But it sucks that it's plain to see and now you hear it from the field. Worrisome indeed.

IF that makes them feel better...

But it sucks that it's plain to see and now you hear it from the field. Worrisome indeed.

Everyone has bad days.. Moss's day was not good, period. Maybe this talk from other will snap him out of it, whatever "it" is.

I'd also love to know what they did with their defenders if they weren't worried about Moss yet Welker kept destroying them :rolleyes:

Because if anyone knows about shutting it down early, it'd be the Carolina Panthers :p

But yeah, Moss didn't play well. I really hope it's due to injury and not attitude. He really hasn't battled for jump balls over the past few weeks, and I can't imagine BB leaving him out there if it's an attitude thing.
I saw him throw at least one great block, I suspect he's dinged up more than we know and he and Brady are out of sync with each other playing with hitches in their giddyups.

Everyone has bad days.. Moss's day was not good, period. Maybe this talk from other will snap him out of it, whatever "it" is.
The alligator arms, the ridiculously easy drops. All this happening in a week since he was sent home. It's worrisome when it starts to pile up.

I'd also love to know what they did with their defenders if they weren't worried about Moss yet Welker kept destroying them :rolleyes:
Maroney and Faulk, and Morris got off some good runs and forced them to play run first freeing Welker for the slaughter.

I saw him throw at least one great block, I suspect he's dinged up more than we know and he and Brady are out of sync with each other playing with hitches in their giddyups.

True, he set up Welker for a nice block. He easily added 2-3 yards for Welker on the play.

The alligator arms, the ridiculously easy drops. All this happening in a week since he was sent home. It's worrisome when it starts to pile up.

No doubt it is worrisome..
I just hope it's due to something else, like being hurt and his bad back hampering him more than anyone knows

I think there are other issues, but we'll monitor the situation.

True, he set up Welker for a nice block. He easily added 2-3 yards for Welker on the play.
That's why I think there are other issues affecting his game - I'm willing to give him another season.

This was not just a bad game for Moss. It has been a bad month. Since people have started being physical with him, it has taken him off his game. He is not a physical receiver, but he has not fought for a ball all year. It does not look like anything that will change until he goes up against against small, non-physical corners (like Butler and Wilhite).

That's why I think there are other issues affecting his game - I'm willing to give him another season.

I'm not saying I want him gone, but if he's becoming a lazy cancer, he's not long for NE. I hope he gets it worked out, and we always find out after the season a guy we rag on is banged up. Who knows, he looked fine a week ago early in the game.

Moss and Brady miscommunicated - pick. Brady talks to him, he catches it - fumble.

Sorry, that sounds like a bad day and Moss, unlike T.O., tends to get down on himself after a screw-up and not simply forget his screw-ups and subsequently demand the ball be thrown his way again. As he and Welker were 2 and 3 in receiving yards at the start of the day, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Most "aging stars" who cannot get open are not putting up those numbers on a season, let alone 13 games into a season.

No positive spin can be put on Moss's performance. He was lousy.

It has been a long time since he had a good game. If he has

three more games like this one, the Patriots better be looking

for his replacement.

Moss and Brady miscommunicated - pick. Brady talks to him, he catches it - fumble.

Sorry, that sounds like a bad day and Moss, unlike T.O., tends to get down on himself after a screw-up and not simply forget his screw-ups and subsequently demand the ball be thrown his way again. As he and Welker were 2 and 3 in receiving yards at the start of the day, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Most "aging stars" who cannot get open are not putting up those numbers on a season, let alone 13 games into a season.
2007_01_bingo_brown.jpg

He has been hurt all year with a back injury that hasn't gone away...Brady injured as well is only going to cause a ripple with him that throws his major abilities out of whack.

Bad bad day for Randy. Anyone have any quotes from him after the game?

I also like how random teams that limit him one day talk about how easy it is to stop him. "Be physical and he will shut it down". Well....why is he still one of the most dangerous players on the field? All they need to do is be physical with him and he's done. How has the guy managed so many touchdowns and yards with this blueprint being out for years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes