PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers players claim that Moss shut it down [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Panthers players claim that Moss shut it down

No way. Belichick has to find out THIS SEASON if Moss is a Patriot or a Raider.

since he has been with the pats he has had 43 tds. he played with cassel with full effort when you would think he would shut it down and you still need proof ? dont people have bad stretches at work ? he has played bad but thats about it.

deion sanders just ripped gamble saying he has no credentials of saying this after losing the game if he was that confident he he should have said it like the weekbefore and asked his coach to guard moss 1:1, i dont believe that moss suddenly isnt motivated after being willing to play with cassel last yr.the media loves to have fun with lightning rod characters and they have been likes this with moss all the time for e.g
"Moss is on the bubble"
"moss wants to go to minnesota"
"moss is unmotivated"
Just bench him for 1 game and see how long welker and faulk can move the ball being triple covered ,no direspect to them. And dont compare to 2003/4/. Our offense had lot of crappy games scoring 12-0 and 9-6 wins. Our defense was stellar then.
brady has thrown picks,maroney/morris have fumbled and our defense has been torched in the last 3-4 weeks. no one else has been perfect. its hard to read in to person's body language on the sidelines andin the game. even champ bailey said moss is great in setting people up.
We all claim we are a predictable offense.so when we have two guys 1 of them is going to hit/hustled and frustrated all the time. have other people make plays and if we win and moss has problem then i will put all on him.

And yet he is not on the injury report?

Meanwhile everyone else on the team is including Brady with 43 injuries.

You mean that, BB might misuse the injury report in such a way that it gives his team an advantage? NO WAY!

If I were not a boy scout and using the injury report to gain an advantage, I wouldn't broadcast that Randy's back is acting up. Then opposing teams mightn't keep doubling him as they often do and would instead double Welker. And that would result in...the New Orleans game.

Panthers CB calls out Randy Moss for doggin’ it…

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Panthers CB calls out Randy Moss for doggin’ it…

Sunday wasn’t Randy Moss’ best performance. Far from it. Actually, it was his worst performance as a Patriot.

The enduring image of Moss (right, from Herald photog Matt Stone) for me was of him sitting by himself on the Pats’ bench, as teammates came over and tried to make him feel better. Actually, it was a little sad.

That’s not how Panthers CB Chris Gamble described it. Check out this article in the Charlotte Observer.

“He gives up a lot,” said Gamble, according to the Observer. “We knew he’d shut it down a little bit.”

Yikes. I mean, people knew this was part of the package with Moss, but still… Every time it happens, it stings a little. Gamble scouted his body language.

“You can tell with his body language, that he’s not going deep, he’s not going to run a route,” Gamble said, per the paper. “I know everybody who plays against him can sense that. If you can get ‘in’ him in the beginning of the game, that’s what’s going to happen. He kind of laid down. We didn’t have to pay that much attention to him.”

What if a badly injured Moss adds more to the team by drawing defenders away from Welker than any backup receiver would, playing in lieu of Moss?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Panthers CB calls out Randy Moss for doggin’ it…

That was an awful performance by Randy yesterday. Gave up on routes, 1/2 hearted attempt to break up a INT on a bad Brady pass, fumbled, horrible blocking. I know Chris Gamble is a pretty physical defender, but that was a bad outing. Hopefully he can dig deep and play better in Buffalo.

[

“You can tell with his body language, that he’s not going deep, he’s not going to run a route,” Gamble said, per the paper. “I know everybody who plays against him can sense that. If you can get ‘in’ him in the beginning of the game, that’s what’s going to happen. He kind of laid down. We didn’t have to pay that much attention to him.”

If they knew Moss has shut it down, why they weren't able to focus on Welker ? :rolleyes:

So they are either mouthing off or they had no answers for Welker. I think we all know the correct answer.

OT Is that Boomika in your avatar ?

Deon Sanders and M. Irvin made a good point last night.. It was not a great game by Moss and the dropped ball on the slant should ahve been caught.. But if Moss really did what Carolina said he did, shut it down, why was he covered with a saftey over top the entire game..

I'll leave it to people who know a lot more about routes and WR behavior to judge whether Moss is dogging it out there. I guess I just don't understand the guy, if what folks are saying is the case.

What I do understand is that his stats should put him in Canton in his first year of eligibility; but, if he leaves New England with the same questions lingering about his attitude and his behavior on the field as were there during his days in Oakland, I suspect the Selection Committee will make him wait a few years, if not longer. I think he got a Free Pass for his Oakland behavior given the state of the team, but he won't get another on a team coached and QB's by two first round HOF'ers.

Last edited:

So they played 11 against 10 all game and still couldn't win.

The fact that 2 guys who were absolutely abused and embarrassed by an opposing receiver (Welker) would have the balls to call out a guy for dogging it against them speaks volumes about athletes today.

I'll leave it to people who know a lot more about routes and WR behavior to judge whether Moss is dogging it out there. I guess I just don't understand the guy, if what folks are saying is the case.

What I do understand is that his stats should put him in Canton in his first year of eligibility; but, if he leaves New England with the same questions lingering about his attitude and his behavior on the field as were there during his days in Oakland, I suspect the Selection Committee will make him wait a few years, if not longer. I think he got a Free Pass for his Oakland behavior given the state of the team, but he won't get another on a team coached and QB's by two first round HOF'ers.

Gamble covered him the whole game, I think he can tell whether he was giving his best effort or not. When your matched up against a player the entire game you can tell when he is taking a play off or giving his best effort.

Moss is a definite HOF, his numbers speak for themselves. As for his attitude issues I think all he needs is a big game, 100+ yards 1 or 2 TDs and all will be forgotton.

Randy's always been called a SMART football player. Those who have actually had real success against Randy (not Moss just having a bad game) have said that he tries to lull them to sleep. So this Gamble moron can think he has a good tell on Randy, but throughout his career he's pretty much proven that idea wrong. Moss wouldn't put up nearly the stats he does, if he was that easy to read. I'm sorry but this is just absolute rubbish. Good grief, it's ONE damn game.

What if a badly injured Moss adds more to the team by drawing defenders away from Welker than any backup receiver would, playing in lieu of Moss?

It would further prove that Moss is a team player, which the critics definitely don't want any part of.

There should be a rule that if you lose a game and are 5-8, you really shouldn't be talking smack.

Randy's always been called a SMART football player. Those who have actually had real success against Randy (not Moss just having a bad game) have said that he tries to lull them to sleep. So this Gamble moron can think he has a good tell on Randy, but throughout his career he's pretty much proven that idea wrong. Moss wouldn't put up nearly the stats he does, if he was that easy to read. I'm sorry but this is just absolute rubbish. Good grief, it's ONE damn game.

Gamble is a good defender and a well respected player and I think you and others should take his comments seriously. He isnt the only one making these comments either. Cris Carter and Boomer Esiason have pretty much said the same thing. He played like he was "lulling him to sleep" the whole game. It wasnt just one game either, Moss hasnt really been the same since the Saints game.

If they knew Moss has shut it down, why they weren't able to focus on Welker ? :rolleyes:

So they are either mouthing off or they had no answers for Welker. I think we all know the correct answer.

OT Is that Boomika in your avatar ?

Great questions! Both of them. :D

Gamble is a good defender and a well respected player and I think you and others should take his comments seriously. He isnt the only one making these comments either. Cris Carter and Boomer Esiason have pretty much said the same thing. He played like he was "lulling him to sleep" the whole game. It wasnt just one game either, Moss hasnt really been the same since the Saints game.
watch moss's postgame after the saints game NFL Videos: Patriots postgame press conference at the 1:30 mark. does it look like he is disinterested or the game effected him mentally ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back